Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Killing --2 Hour Season Finale -- "From Up Here/The Road to Hamelin" -- 8/04/13

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Killing --2 Hour Season Finale -- "From Up Here/The Road to Hamelin" -- 8/04/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-13, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Killing --2 Hour Season Finale -- "From Up Here/The Road to Hamelin" -- 8/04/

We just got around to watching this. Excellent. Love this season and hope it comes back for another.

I was really hoping Linden would find some happiness.. If for no other reason so we can get some more fun banter between the two of them. "Do your thing, 1-900!" haha.

Love those two.
Old 09-10-13, 08:56 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: The Killing --2 Hour Season Finale -- "From Up Here/The Road to Hamelin" -- 8/04/

Apparently AMC cancelled this today.
Old 09-10-13, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Apparently AMC cancelled this today.
Probably just as well, despite how well this past season was...
Old 09-10-13, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Kind of surprised that they cancelled it since Breaking Bad is done this year and Mad Men will be after next year. They've got Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, and The Walking Dead left for orignal content (unless I'm forgetting some). Aside from The Walking Dead though not sure if the others are big hits or not. The show was given a second shot though so it's not like they didn't try even after the backlash the season one finale/second season caused.
Old 09-10-13, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I've heard LWS is doomed. Too bad, because I think it's a strong show.
Old 09-10-13, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I've heard LWS is doomed. Too bad, because I think it's a strong show.
I've got all five episodes sitting on my DVR. I intended to watch it but for some reason it just doesn't really do much for me.
Old 09-10-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Hopefully this means a quick turnaround for Robocop 2!
Old 09-10-13, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand this decision at all. Losing Mad Men and Breaking Bad and coming off easily the best season of the series (just a great season overall) and they cancel it again. I really expected the quality alone to get at least one more season.

When they cancelled it after the 2nd season, I really wasn't THAT sad. But season 3 made me love Holder and Linden so much more and I'm crushed this decision was made.
Old 09-10-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canceling it with the ending it had?

Facepalm
Old 09-10-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn you AMC.

Wonder if this had any chance of living via Netflix, sort of like what they did in resurrecting arrested development.
Old 09-11-13, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope it gets some noms, so they reconsider, once again.
Old 09-12-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
When they cancelled it after the 2nd season, I really wasn't THAT sad. But season 3 made me love Holder and Linden so much more and I'm crushed this decision was made.
Originally Posted by anomynous
Canceling it with the ending it had?

Facepalm
This is the worst part. I wouldn't have cared after season 2, but they brought it back to a strong season 3, throw out a cliffhanger ending and then cancel it. That sucks.
Old 09-12-13, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
This is the worst part. I wouldn't have cared after season 2, but they brought it back to a strong season 3, throw out a cliffhanger ending and then cancel it. That sucks.
Yup--worst part for sure. That ending left open a world of new possibilities, none of which we'll apparently now get to see. Sucks.
Old 09-12-13, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

My guess is that THE KILLING is DOA, especially since Joel Kinnaman's movie career seems to be taking off.

I thought Season 3 was the best one yet, but that didn't seem to get more people to watch it. The series does have a small, loyal fanbase though - you'd think enough of one for NETFLIX to look into helping produce another season, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Blame Veena Sud for that cliffhanger - she kept her promise by revealing the killer, then still didn't give fans a conclusion. Nice kick in the face, huh?
Old 09-12-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

They formally canceled it the other day, or has there been kickings around of some sort of Netflix thing?
Old 09-12-13, 09:05 PM

Season 3 was supposedly a Netflix deal where the episodes would pop up the next day, but that didn't happen

Last edited by anomynous; 09-12-13 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-12-13, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
Season 3 was suppksedly a Netflix deal where the episodes would pop up the next day, but that didn't happen
No they get the rights 3 months after it completes airing.
Old 09-12-13, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Can someone remind what the cliffhanger from the final episode was? My mind has totally gone blank on it.
Old 09-12-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Linden shoots Skinner in a fit of rage after it's revealed he's the killer. Holder tried to stop her, but she did it anyways. Screen goes to black.
Old 09-12-13, 11:09 PM

It would be nice if we could get a special or something to wrap it up
Old 09-13-13, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure if I'm not the only one but I don't consider that a proper cliffhanger. I mean, for me a cliffhanger is the classic "who is the killer?".

I do want to know what happens next, but I don't think they would base a fourth season on what happens to Linden. They would need a new serial killer or something like that.

And yes, I do consider I got closure from everything that happened in season 3.
Old 09-13-13, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to voice my opinion about the most recent season. I freaking LOVED it. Night and day from season 1 and 2.

I figured it would probably go away but I just have to give the season it's props.

This past season was such a better story than the freaking Walking Dead. Zombie cult following will not die though. Pun intended.

Last edited by stopgap; 09-13-13 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-14-13, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I liked season 3, but I'm not really sorry to see this go. How would the Linden character come back from that finale? Given who the killer was, they basically declared once and for all that she's a very poor police detective.
Old 11-15-13, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Series was renewed for a final, six episode Season 4 by Netflix.

Originally Posted by Deadline
‘The Killing’ Cheats Death A Second Time With 6-Episode Final Season On Netflix

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday November 15, 2013 @ 3:00pm PST

It’s déjà vu again for The Killing, which refuses to live up to its name.

The mystery drama, which was cancelled by AMC last year only to be resurrected with a third-season order, is staging another comeback after being cancelled by the network again in September. This time, the series was picked up by Netflix, which was its exclusive digital partner for the first three seasons and still carries them worldwide. Now The Killing will become a Netflix original for a six-episode final installment. The series’ second resurrection is a testament to series producer Fox TV Studios’ tenacious efforts to keep it alive. The Killing‘s stars, Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, are under long-term deals and set to return. Creator/executive producer Veena Sud is assembling a writing team, which is expected to begin work shortly. She will be joined by The Killing veterans, exec producers Dawn Prestwich and Nicole Yorkin, who had been on the show since the first season, and two other writers. “It’s a true testament to Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show,” FtvS president David Madden said.

The Killing‘s third season opened with an OK 1.8 million viewers and drew largely positive reaction from critics and fans. But it ended with 1.5 million for the season finale, up only slightly from the 1.4 million viewers of the second-season ender. Season 3 overall was essentially flat with Season 2 — ratings that had triggered the series’ first cancellation. However, the serialized drama’s strength always has been the digital/binge viewing play. “The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send-off,” said Cindy Holland, VP Original Content for Netflix. Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, The Killing follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives Sarah Linden (Enos) and Stephen Holder (Kinnaman). Sud exec produces with Mikkel Bondesen of Fabrik Entertainment.
Old 11-15-13, 05:18 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow. I can actually see this working well with a reduced episode order on Netflix. Given the nature of the show, the arc could play out well across 6 episodes rather than dragging on for 12. Ability to bingewatch might be nice if the writing's tight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.