TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Hero -- New TNT Series hosted by Dwayne Johnson -- Summer 2013

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 04:48 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Hero -- New TNT Series hosted by Dwayne Johnson -- Summer 2013

I gave it a go but i'm giving this show the flick

You knew as soon as some starting taking the money, the show would descent into every man or woman for themselves.
Old 06-24-13, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Pure craziness this week. Almost got so bad that I was close to turning it off.

Was hoping he didn't take the money. I do think it was a good point that challenge money is free for all, but pot money is group. Guess that is out the window now.

I noticed Rock showed them pot balance. If he tells them he didn't take money and they see $300 v $350 they'll know he lying. I guess he can tell them he failed though.

5 episodes left?
Old 07-04-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

No new episode tonight because of the Holiday

Just finished last week's episode. Very entertaining. Liked the endurance challenge swimming that mile. He comes across as kind of a douche, but Marty did a great job. I did feel kind of bad for Charles because he really wanted to do it for the challenge aspect and not the money.

I'm guessing that he's going to eliminate Athena in the next episode. From what I've seen he absolutely hates her. Shaun comes across as kind of cocky, but I think he would rather go head to head with him who is strong than someone like Athena who comes across as weak.
Old 07-04-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

According to a chart posted on the Hero official site, Patty is one of the least popular contestants along with Dr. Dave, Lydia and Charles.

Rachel, who nearly passed out this week was the most popular contestant.
Old 07-04-13, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking Marty might send Patty home because she is the weakest and is afraid of heights but she played the "I think of you like a son" before he got picked for the hero challenge.
Old 07-05-13, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
According to a chart posted on the Hero official site, Patty is one of the least popular contestants along with Dr. Dave, Lydia and Charles.

Rachel, who nearly passed out this week was the most popular contestant.
That's weird, to me she's one of the least interesting along with Lydia.
Old 07-11-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

The Hero- "Honesty" - Thursday, July 11, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT)

When contestants are forced to take a lie detector test about each other as part of the Team Challenge, tensions rise in the house. A contestant gets tear-gassed and Lydia bares her soul in the War Room. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson serves as mentor and motivator to the contestants.

Tonight is episode 5. 3 more left this season.

The finale is scheduled for August 1st and supposedly it will involve voting from America. I wonder if Johnson will be present even though he's filming Hercules right now in Hungary. I guess taking 1 day off from filming won't hurt that movie.
Old 07-13-13, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The lie detector test was kind of neat. Really surprised that Lydia picked Rachel to go home, but her reasoning made sense to me.
Old 07-13-13, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 864 Likes on 725 Posts

The only thing interesting about the show so far is The Rock himself, he makes for a great host of this program. I really don't care who wins the money, which is bad news for a show of this type.
Old 07-14-13, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Wow, really surprised that Lydia sent home Rachel. I was so sure that Athena was dead on arrival.

Surprised by Patty's really adverse/late reaction in the hotel room after the tear gas challenge.

Was not surprised at all in the beginning when Shaun got sent home. He came across as a douche to the rest of the contestants.
Old 07-16-13, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Just caught up on this. I was surprised by her choice. I think it made sense, but much like the other fail / lie it seems more ou of forgetfulness than intent to hide something.

Was she the one "carried", or was it the other lady? Maybe she took it personnaly?

I noticed out of the 3 choices Darnell decided to cite "dumb" when he spoke to Marty instead of forgetful or immature.

I wonder if Patty will win this. That was huge of her to take that herself. Could come down to her and cop. I think Darnell is being too cocky, plus he took the money.
Old 07-16-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The cop is the best bet to win it, though this show plays hard and fast with the rules in trying to get the heroes to take the quick cash.
Old 07-18-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Episode 6 is tonight.

2 more left this season

The Hero: "Endurance" - Thursday, July 18, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT)

Contestants test their skills with primitive weapons and navigate a dangerous underground cave in the Team Challenge. As the competition nears America's vote, the contestants fight to prove who is most heroic. In the War Room, Dwayne asks the hero hopefuls "What if?" Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson serves as mentor and motivator to the contestants.
Old 07-19-13, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Charles Pretty crazy though hero challenge there to run around a stadium like that.
Old 07-19-13, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk God

So happy for Charles. Really dug deep to pull that out. He was very low key in the competition until tonight.

I think I'm pulling for Charles even though he's kind of an underdog right now. I really respect the guy and his intentions on the show.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-19-13 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-26-13, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Just finished watching.

Awwww, damn Charles. That sucked that he essentially pulled out. Well, I'm happy that he found something positive from the experience. He's a good guy.

I voted for Darnell. Texted just now. I think he's the next most deserving.

Marty was such a douche. I don't think he's getting many votes. Patty may get some love after she completed that walk.
Old 07-26-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Something seems wrong with the math, they didn't fail almost $400k worth of challenges did they? Why is the pot only $610k?
Old 07-26-13, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I really have no idea who will win this thing. Charles pulling out was inexplicable to me, but it is clear the show was more clever than I initially gave them credit for in casting. They obviously used a very special screening process for unusually unselfish personalities.
Old 07-26-13, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 207 Posts

Once Charles pulled out, there's pretty much only one choice (or should I say one contestant that can possibly win) and that's Patty. The episode pretty much was built to present Patty in the best possible light, and she will be seen as the most identifiable among those left. Her only competition is Darnell, since the others didn't leave enough of an impression to win the big prize. Of course, I fully expect there to be one last twist which will ask the winner to give up the prize money to the Red Cross.
Old 07-26-13, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Exactly. She became a "Hero" by overcoming her fear of heights and never accepting any offers.

Darnell accepted an offer to help his family, so he definitely has a Hero quality for the show.

As I said earlier Marty is too much of a whiney douche

Dr. Dave was kind of an ass. Never liked Lydia. Made no impression.
Old 07-26-13, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this show is a failure. Not only are they trying to see if people will take money in a show all about the money but they eliminate people and say america has the choice? If anything we should still be able to vote for the people kicked out. The cop was my number one and quite frankly i'd vote the wrestler over the majority of the people here.
Old 07-26-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mortalplague
I think this show is a failure. Not only are they trying to see if people will take money in a show all about the money but they eliminate people and say america has the choice? If anything we should still be able to vote for the people kicked out. The cop was my number one and quite frankly i'd vote the wrestler over the majority of the people here.
Its a very confused show. The use of the term "Hero" for a contestant in a "Challenge" game show is a bit absurd, since they're working to gain a prize. It tests their bravery, it tests their stamina and endurance, but nobody during the course of the show has proven to be a "Hero", no matter how you define the term.
Old 07-27-13, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah thats really the poblem i have with it Dwilson. Now if it was just a challenge show with strategy involved as they eliminate each other i wouldn't have minded. However with them saying we need to vote for a Hero, again in my opinion since they are all there for the money none of them are heroes. Even some of the choices like near the end Take the money and go home or eliminate someone else. I think saying someone else is not deserving of the money and eliminating them is not heroic nor is taking the money and running. I'm still hoping for some kind of twist at the end. Keep the money or donate it all to red cross, or split it up between fellow houseguests. No one person on here including the cop deserved that amount of money and no one deserves nothing. I say let us vote to split it between all contestants.
Old 07-27-13, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bummed to see Charles leave since he would have been my pick, both personality wise and killing it in challenges.

Didn't get a chance to vote since I saw the episode late, but I would have probably picked Dave.
Old 07-28-13, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have voted Charles as well. Some of the twists w the $ offers were interesting ...

Does it feel like they were playing fast and loose with the timing on the challenges? (Everyone makes it by *that much*)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.