TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Arrow -- "Home Invasion" -- 4/24/13

Old 04-24-13, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Arrow -- "Home Invasion" -- 4/24/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Deadshot (guest star Michael Rowe) returns to Starling City after taking down a U.S. Ambassador and six others overseas. By keeping tabs on A.R.G.U.S.'s manhunt for the assassin, Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey), and Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) learn that a sting operation is underway to capture Deadshot - alive. Diggle is determined to see his brother's killer dead, with or without Ollie's help. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) takes drastic steps to protect a young witness, exacerbating friction between Tommy (Colin Donnell) and Oliver. Later, Roy Harper (guest star Colton Haynes) unconventionally pursues all leads to find his new hero, but runs afoul of Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Back on the island, Oliver recalls how Shado (guest star Celina Jade) helped him incrementally gain confidence with a bow and hit the target for the first time. Willa Holland and Susanna Thompson also star. Manu Bennett, Byron Mann and Audrey Marie Anderson guest star. Ken Fink directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Beth Schwartz (#120).

Episode 20 of 23
Old 04-25-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Arrow -- "Home Invasion" -- 4/24/13

Audrey Marie Anderson looks so much better with long hair than she did with short hair in The Unit.

Good fight scene with Olly and the assassin at the end.

Last edited by Deftones; 04-25-13 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-25-13, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show seems to be directionless all of a sudden. I hate how Tommy and Oliver's relationship has deteriorated. I was hoping they would have gone the other way and have them work together in some fashion and Tommy accepting Oliver as green arrow. Instead he hates him and is shutting everyone he knows out. I guess we all predicted that would happen anyway since he and Laurel can't be together in the future we know. Now Diggle has left I guess just in time for Roy to take his place. The plot lines are getting repetitive and pointless. I could see the show spinning its wheels for a long time...

I do still find the island flashbacks interesting...
Old 04-25-13, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the chick who plays Shado is very attractive. she has almost as much chemistry with Ollie as his sister does.
Old 04-25-13, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
the chick who plays Shado is very attractive. she has almost as much chemistry with Ollie as his sister does.

She does have good chemistry with Ollie, though the island flashbacks still mostly drag for me. We know he survives the island and emerges as a super action-hero. That knowledge pretty much destroys any dramatic tension in the flashbacks.
Old 04-25-13, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

She does have good chemistry with Ollie, though the island flashbacks still mostly drag for me. We know he survives the island and emerges as a super action-hero. That knowledge pretty much destroys any dramatic tension in the flashbacks.
It may negate the dramatic tension but I still find it interesting in seeing how he morphed from a spoiled rotten, wussy, pretty boy brat into the super action-hero.
Old 04-25-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm at the point where I only watch for the island flashbacks. The rest seems to be a rudderless mess at the moment with predictable plotlines and increasingly unlikable secondary characters.
Old 04-25-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I'm no fan of the Ollie-Laurel-Tommy triangle either....yeah we get it Tommy, you hate Ollie because he's still in love with Laurel. But, I don't roll my eyes every time it's mentioned. It's a plot device typical to these shows. Hell, Smallville had something similar with Lana-Clark-Lex. I don't think that subplot is hurting the direction of the show.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. I liked seeing Deadshot brought back to the mix and the Assassin was pretty viscious.

Liked the fight scene between Oliver and the Assassin.

I was surprised that Diggle got so upset with Ollie that he decided to he was done with him. I wonder how long that will last.

The flashback to the island with Shado and Ollie was cool. I guess she was pretty instrumental is him gaining some confidence.
Old 04-25-13, 09:57 PM

The island still holds dramatic tension because we don't know if anyone else survives, good or bad. I hope to hell Slade is still kicking around.
Old 04-26-13, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Forget Laurel, I want some Ollie/Felicity stuff.
Old 04-26-13, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have to keep the Tommy hate going because they want to keep drumming as hard as they can to people he's eventually going to become the Merlyn who's Ollie's arch nemesis in the comics but they don't want to repeat the whole Clark/Lex slow burn Smallville did.
Old 04-26-13, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ahh its Gun. Haven't seen that guy since Angel. I was a little confused aft first but it all came to together. Still not liking the Roy kid but I liked the episode.
Old 04-26-13, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
They have to keep the Tommy hate going because they want to keep drumming as hard as they can to people he's eventually going to become the Merlyn who's Ollie's arch nemesis in the comics but they don't want to repeat the whole Clark/Lex slow burn Smallville did.
I haven't read the comics so I was wondering why Tommy turned into an uber jerk over the last couple episodes. A little confusion and anger is understandable but what he's exhibiting is completely unnecessary. It was nice to see J. August Richards again. This show gets some awesome guest stars but then they kill the character so quickly so they can't come back. A recurring villain or two would not be a bad thing.
Old 04-26-13, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Yeah, really wish Tommy wasn't going the Harry Osbourne route. Would be good twist if he died to deepen nemesis with Dark Archer and to punch Ollie in the gut.

Liked the setup the police had on Roy.

at Felicity saying her dyed hair was her secret.

I would counter real time is rudderless. Sure the Undertaking is taking a back seat, but they are focusing on relationships and setting up a lot of threads for end of season.
Old 04-26-13, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
If this happens then it's predictable, like we've all been saying since the beginning. I'd rather have them be friends and work together or him sacrificed as another poster said, then that truly would have been original.
Old 04-26-13, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't mind them keeping Tommy around as a friend for a few seasons. It is way too early in a series that is likely to be around for the next 5-8 years in turning Tommy evil this soon.

And even Ollie refers to himself now as "The Hood" and ignores the fact that he goes out in a costume.

Why do they even bother licensing the DC character if they don't actually want to use any of Green Arrow's background? Don't answer that question, I know why but it still bothers me.
Old 04-26-13, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

I don't like the island flashbacks either and hope they end after this season.

Too many characters and multiple storylines on the show right now.
Old 04-26-13, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also wouldn't mind if they slowed downt he island story a little. Maybe have flashbacks every few episodes instead of every one. Hope it doesn't turn into Lost where every episode had one & it got to a point that they were pointless and where there just to have one.
Old 04-27-13, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
This is one of the things I like, keeps it form getting boring.

Love the island flashbacks.

I was sad that I could not remember Gunn's name when i saw the actor in this episode. I knew who he was from Angel, but I could not recall the name "Gunn"
Old 04-27-13, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I don't like the island flashbacks either and hope they end after this season.

What I've heard about the island flashbacks is that they will last the extent of the show until Ollie's eventual rescue at the end of it.
Old 04-27-13, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Eric F
What I've heard about the island flashbacks is that they will last the extent of the show until Ollie's eventual rescue at the end of it.
Wait for it...until a couple of seasons in when the ratings begin to sag and they switch them to Flash Forwards of Green Arrow actually being a real superhero, in the future. In the Flash Forwards, they actually call him "Green Arrow" and he is a member of the Justice League. Yes, a boxing glove arrow does show up.
Old 04-27-13, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Yes, a boxing glove arrow does show up.
That's what I want to see. All those goofy arrows from the cartoons. Boxing glove arrow, arrow's that shoot nets out, tear gas filled arrows, grappling line arrows.

While they're at it, upgrade his motorcycle too. Have it look like a giant arrow. So you see him riding down the street on an arrow with wheels.
Old 04-29-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

We did get some net arrows in like the third or 4th episode, but only big enough to attach a bag to the ground. Not big enough for a person.

Pretty sure we've seen bomb arrows and gas arrows, too. But alas, no boxing glove arrow.
Old 04-30-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Tommy is a huge douche
yeah Oliver didn't immediately confide that he is someone the cops have on their most wanted list, but can you blame him?
but what he did do was:
give Tommy a job when his dad cut his spoiled brat ass off
save Tommy's gf's life multiple times
save Tommy's life
save Tommy's dad's life
etc