Continuum -- Season Finale -- "Endtime" -- 3/18/13

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Continuum -- Season Finale -- "Endtime" -- 3/18/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

In the Season 1 finale, Kiera races to stop an imminent terrorist attack, and Alec gets kidnapped by Liber8 after learning his stepbrother, Julian, is under their sway.

Episode 10 of 10

I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but SyFy picked up the rights to season 2. No word on an airdate yet. Season 2 will air in Canada next month.
Old 03-19-13, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Continuum -- Season Finale -- "Endtime" -- 3/18/13

An excellent finale to a very uneven season. At times the show just plods along with its criminal plot of the week format, but the finish was nicely put together.
Old 03-19-13, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Definetly didn't see the twist with Alec coming. Especially after the family episode, I thought the brother step brother was going to be behind most of it. With future Alec being behind a major corporation, it adds a layer of mystery and philosophy. I think it gives added weight to questioning if Liber8 are really he had guys.

For season 2 I'd really like Carlos to find out her secret and try to help. Alec is good at the tech, but she doesn't have the best social/personal sounding board. As Arrow has shown this year - adding somebody to the know can be a big plot boost for story.
Old 03-20-13, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it was an interesting season.

The finale was great. Although you could see that they didn't have that big of a budget, but they really tried hard to present a decent product. I applaud that.

Hopefully the budget will be bigger for the second season now that it's in Syfy.
Old 03-26-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2013/03/26/syfy-co...premiere-date/

SyFy "officially" picked up season 2.

13 episodes this time and it will air June 7th
Old 03-26-13, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic news. This is one of the more underrated shows on right now I think. The writing is GOOD and if you're looking for a good sci-fi show with lots of social/political commentary (like BSG), you can't go wrong with this show. I'm happy the SyFy executives thought so too.
Old 03-26-13, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I felt the Kiera Kellog relationship was very weird. I wonder if they suggested she spent the night without anything happening. Either she was drunk and passed out. Or she felt it was okay because her husband had cheated. I also feel like the family angle may not have been the best setup. They could have made her a detective hell bent on bringing down Liber8.

Anyway, will be curious to learn more about Alec's plans and how he possibly orchestrated the entire thing.
Old 03-27-13, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by hahn
Fantastic news. This is one of the more underrated shows on right now I think. The writing is GOOD and if you're looking for a good sci-fi show with lots of social/political commentary (like BSG), you can't go wrong with this show. I'm happy the SyFy executives thought so too.
SyFy is getting this show cheap. They are only paying a small licensing fee. Showcase in Canada is the one paying the production costs. If it continues to do well in Canada, I'm sure SyFy will keep picking up the seasons. Plus the ratings for season 1 weren't bad on SyFy either.
Old 03-27-13, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably due to the novelty of Sci-Fi being on the SyFy channel. Wonder if SyFy has sent a letter to Showcase about an episode where Kira has to fight in a wrestling match.
Old 03-27-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
I felt the Kiera Kellog relationship was very weird. I wonder if they suggested she spent the night without anything happening. Either she was drunk and passed out. Or she felt it was okay because her husband had cheated. I also feel like the family angle may not have been the best setup. They could have made her a detective hell bent on bringing down Liber8.
The dialogue from the morning after made it clear the two had hooked up, but Kiera said it was a one-time thing and was already showing regret. That story arc wasn't handled especially well, likely due to the compressed nature of a 10-episode season.
Old 03-29-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvline.com/2013/03/26/syfy-co...premiere-date/

SyFy "officially" picked up season 2.

13 episodes this time and it will air June 7th
Wow, that is quick. I know they are filming it now, but you'd think SyFy would want to push it back a little. Guess not.

As for the finale, I sort of suspected future Alec was behind much of what was going on. I hope we get an actual reason why she was sent back in the premiere episode. I don't want them to drag shit out endlessly.

I was slightly confused about the homeless guy. So he was sent back, but he was nutso, right?
Old 03-29-13, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Deftones
Wow, that is quick. I know they are filming it now, but you'd think SyFy would want to push it back a little. Guess not.
I agree. I was expecting season 2 to air in the Fall in the U.S. Barely 3 months after the season finale seems like a really quick turnaround. However, it's airing next month in Canada, so I think SyFy doesn't want to let the episodes sit too long and risk people pirating it and not watching the U.S. airings.
Old 03-29-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I agree. I was expecting season 2 to air in the Fall in the U.S. Barely 3 months after the season finale seems like a really quick turnaround. However, it's airing next month in Canada, so I think SyFy doesn't want to let the episodes sit too long and risk people pirating it and not watching the U.S. airings.
I'm surprised it was not sooner. For Lost Girl they rolled Season 2 right after Season 1 so the US was caught up to Canada.
Old 04-02-13, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I just ran through this season on Blu-ray over the weekend. Pretty cool show. I will likely exploit other means to see season 2 before it airs on SyFy since I don't want to wait or see an edited version.

It was tough for me to place the guy that played Alex Krycek (Nicholas Lea) on X-Files but it's cool they have 2 X-File alums on there.
Old 04-02-13, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I was slightly confused about the homeless guy. So he was sent back, but he was nutso, right?
From what I gather he said he was a tech and arrived in 1993. It was probably a mistake, and in the 20yrs waiting for others to show up he went insane.
Old 04-09-13, 06:30 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

We just finished a four episode marathon to finish the first season of Continuum, and the last two were fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing where season two goes, and finding out who the freelancers are.
Old 04-23-13, 05:44 PM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I just watched the second season premiere. No spoilers, but I thought everyone would be happy to know that...

She got the eye wart removed!!
Old 04-23-13, 05:47 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
I just watched the second season premiere. No spoilers, but I thought everyone would be happy to know that...

She got the eye wart removed!!
LOL! We watched it as well, but did not notice that...
Old 04-23-13, 06:05 PM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

“I’ve had this skin tag under my eye,” Nichols tells TV Guide Canada. “I decided to tie a string around it and take it off. I showed up for this season and said, ‘I got my mole removed,’ and [creator] Simon [Barry] said, ‘Oh, we’re going to have to digitally put it on you in all the flash forwards because those are the fans that we have.’”

http://www.theloop.ca/showbiz/tv-gui...on-2-questions
Old 04-24-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess the show is really successful, and half the threads in the forums were about that wart so...
Old 04-24-13, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's why I thought it was a different actress at first! She should of left it alone.
Old 04-24-13, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Ohh gotta go watch this tonight....somehow.
Old 05-14-13, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Just finished the last 3 episodes on Netflix. Kind of fell behind on the SyFy airings and luckily this was added to Netflix recently and I zoomed through the last few episodes in a week.

Season was a little uneven, but I thought the finale was pretty good. Good mix of procedural and serial. I liked the twist that future Alec was behind sending Kiera to 2012.

You could really tell when Kagami blew up building 2, the special effects budget was limited. A lot of it was probably done with CG in post over green screen.

Also, I didn't understand the whole deal with the "Time Machine" Was that just some ridiculous contraption and Kiera said screw it, I'm leaving? Did she realize he was crazy?

Hated Rachel Nichols on Criminal Minds a few years ago, but I thought she was alright here. I do like Victor Webster as Carlos. Hopefully as Superman said, Kiera will finally tell Carlos her secret.

Less than 1 month to go before the U.S. airings. I'm not watching the Canadian airings through alternative means. Plan to watch the U.S. airings. So if you're doing that, please no spoilers until after each U.S. airing.
Old 05-14-13, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it was really a twist that future Alec sent Kiera, was it? I was going on that premise for pretty much the whole season since we discovered who old Alec was. In the pilot, after they all jumped through the time machine wormhole, I remember there was a close-up shot of old Alec and he was looking on at the scene with a smile on his face. It was pretty clear that he either knew it was going to happen or that he planned it.

I don't mind sacrificing a bit of CGI quality if the story is good. A lot of really good sci-fi uses very little CGI. Gattaca is my favorite example, but also the first Terminator, Moon, and Primer.

My take on the Time Machine guy was that he was crazy, BUT he was from the future also. He knew too many real details of the execution and about where she was from.

I'm excited for Season 2. I agree that Season 1 got better and better as it went along. Now it's set up for many potential story lines. The great thing about the show is that since it's mostly set in the present, it can be done with a pretty limited budget.
Old 05-15-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Thanks Hahn. I appreciate your take on the episode and season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.