The Amazing Race 22 -- "Like James Bond Again" -- 3/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The Amazing Race 22 -- "Like James Bond Again" -- 3/03/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

"Like James Bond Again" - One Team's Race remains in jeopardy as they battle through a debilitating injury, while Racers get down and dirty in New Zealand's Shemozzle Race, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Read more: Listings - AMAZING RACE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2MVFaTgb6

Just got caught up with the last 2. If the father did indeed rupture his achilles, there is no way he can continue.

Kenny Powers and his wife are hilarious.

I like that the hot blonde country singers are still in it.
Old 03-03-13, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 22 -- "Like James Bond Again" -- 3/03/13

The father and son are machines. Even if they hadn't Express passed, they'd have likely not come in last. Hope they try to continue for one more leg. (Pun intended.)
Old 03-03-13, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts

I don't see why they don't continue until they can't. If anything to possibly help the 'alliance' and slow other racers down.
Old 03-03-13, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I don't see why they don't continue until they can't. If anything to possibly help the 'alliance' and slow other racers down.
because the dad can't do any of the road block challenges. Since the son is not allow to do all RB challenges.
Old 03-03-13, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by the_dude8
because the dad can't do any of the road block challenges. Since the son is not allow to do all RB challenges.
You're assuming they get to that point where the dad is forced to use his turns at a Road Block or that the RB is a physical challenge. I don't see eating some crappy local food in a certain amount of time as being challenging to a one legged person.

I'm saying they run the race and take up space. Either on a flight or as a placeholder to deny a team outside of the alliance a space.
Old 03-04-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still rooting for the hockey guys although their performance this leg kinda sucked. Good thing there was no pit stop as I would have hated if the newlyweds beat them for the last spot.

I'm also rooting for Chuck now. Dude is killing it.
Old 03-04-13, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

The hockey players comments on John's perpetual big grin reminds me of a certain silent era movie classic...

Old 03-04-13, 05:42 AM

That newlywed marriage sure isn't going to last very long. They'll probably be divorced by the finale.
Old 03-04-13, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts

I agree. I also don't understand why they wasted the express pass so soon. I understand they wanted to be in 1st but they should have saved it for a challenge where the dad was forced to do it and it was one he couldn't get by with his leg. Those guys weren't putting any effort into catching a fish; they could have ended in the top 3-4 without the express pass.
Old 03-04-13, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

You never know with fishing. You could catch one immediately or never. That's likely what they were concerned about - it's something out of your hands.
Old 03-04-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've never ruptured my achilles, but wouldn't he be in alot of pain? What does he care about slowing other people down for his alliance. He just met these people. If I couldn't win the million for myself, and I'm in pain, or risk further damage...I'm outta there. Who cares about an "alliance"?
Old 03-04-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I agree. I also don't understand why they wasted the express pass so soon. I understand they wanted to be in 1st but they should have saved it for a challenge where the dad was forced to do it and it was one he couldn't get by with his leg. Those guys weren't putting any effort into catching a fish; they could have ended in the top 3-4 without the express pass.
My wife said the sane thing but I think they were gunning for the first place trip. In their eyes, win that and then bow out gracefully. They weren't thinking long term race.
Old 03-04-13, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I figured they were gunning for 1st just so they won something. But man, a trip to Thailand is nice and all, but they only give you 5 nights there? That's remarkably cheap of them. Probably takes 2 days to get there.
Old 03-04-13, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I've never ruptured my achilles, but wouldn't he be in alot of pain? What does he care about slowing other people down for his alliance. He just met these people. If I couldn't win the million for myself, and I'm in pain, or risk further damage...I'm outta there. Who cares about an "alliance"?
No alliance would have meant no express pass for them and no prize for getting to the mat first. So yeah, I would think they would care to run and do whatever they could to help out. However, I don't think they knew about the secondary alliance since the original alliance was thinning out.
Old 03-04-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
My wife said the sane thing but I think they were gunning for the first place trip. In their eyes, win that and then bow out gracefully. They weren't thinking long term race.
I think that too. He seems to get around remarkably well on those crutches, but still it isn't realistic to believe that they will be competitive for long. They might as well take a prize for a first place finish while it is there for the taking, rather than save the Express Pass for a time when they "need" it. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they continue on with the leg.
Old 03-04-13, 10:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I think the trip to Thailand is wasted on a Mormon father/son team.
Old 03-04-13, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think the trip to Thailand is wasted on a Mormon father/son team.
what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand?
Old 03-04-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
That newlywed marriage sure isn't going to last very long. They'll probably be divorced by the finale.
Mwhaahahah. Nice.
Old 03-04-13, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shinobi
The blonde wife is really smart as well, got her pharmacy degree at age 24.
Old 03-04-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not so smart as to marry Corky Romano.
Old 03-04-13, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Don't sure if that boot had any affect to how much pain he was in. But I have ruptured my achilles tendon in my left leg back in the middle 80's. I think I was in my middle 30's. It felt the pop. I knew what it was because the year earlier Mike Flanagan pitcher for the Orioles has ruptured his in a pick-up basketball game a year earlier. I was in a lot of pain. It was late at night and I still had a long drive back home about 35 miles and driving a standard shift. Had to use my left foot to press the clutch down. It hurt so much each time I had to press down the clutch. I got home at midnight. Took a shower and went to bed. Next day I was getting ready to go to work. Wife told me what the hell are you doing. Took me to the hospital after we dropped the kids to school and went to the emergency room. Was told it was a complete tear of the tendon. The next day I had surgery. And 3-4 hours later I had a cast on my left leg all the way up to the middle of my thigh. Every couple of months the cast was removed and lowered. I was in a cast for 8-9 months with crutches. Another 6-7 months of physical therapy.
Old 03-04-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I figured they were gunning for 1st just so they won something. But man, a trip to Thailand is nice and all, but they only give you 5 nights there? That's remarkably cheap of them. Probably takes 2 days to get there.
Think of it as five free nights in an opulent hotel, with the option of extending the trip with your own money. Still a pretty awesome prize.
Old 03-05-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
Don't sure if that boot had any affect to how much pain he was in. But I have ruptured my achilles tendon in my left leg back in the middle 80's. I think I was in my middle 30's. It felt the pop. I knew what it was because the year earlier Mike Flanagan pitcher for the Orioles has ruptured his in a pick-up basketball game a year earlier. I was in a lot of pain. It was late at night and I still had a long drive back home about 35 miles and driving a standard shift. Had to use my left foot to press the clutch down. It hurt so much each time I had to press down the clutch. I got home at midnight. Took a shower and went to bed. Next day I was getting ready to go to work. Wife told me what the hell are you doing. Took me to the hospital after we dropped the kids to school and went to the emergency room. Was told it was a complete tear of the tendon. The next day I had surgery. And 3-4 hours later I had a cast on my left leg all the way up to the middle of my thigh. Every couple of months the cast was removed and lowered. I was in a cast for 8-9 months with crutches. Another 6-7 months of physical therapy.
Damn that sucks. So what caused the rupture and the tear?
Old 03-05-13, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

Max and Kate like to talk about how awesome they are, but they've been awful so far on the race. Luckily no one has gotten hosed by a taxi so far, but I'm sure it's coming.
Old 03-05-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

So far I like the Hockey brothers and the 2 hot country singers. The father/son are cool too, but I know they can only go so far with his ruptured achilles. They will be screwed on anymore water type challenges.

to the father/son winning the trip to Thailand. I just got back from there last week. I had a blast. With his injury, probably will be at least a year and a half before they can enjoy it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.