Nikita -- "Brave New World" -- 2/08/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Nikita -- "Brave New World" -- 2/08/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

NIKITA GOES ON A ROGUE MISSION - Michael (Shane West) gives up his role as a field agent and resumes his role inside Division running Operations. After learning key information from Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford), Nikita (Maggie Q) preps a secret mission that takes her into dangerous territory. When Michael and Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) and Ryan (Noah Bean) find out, they follow her into Kosovo but the outcome has far-reaching consequences for Division. Marc David Alpert directed the episode written by Kristen Reidel (#310).

Read more: Listings - NIKITA on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2KMfsxewp

Episode 10 of 22
Old 02-10-13, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Brave New World" -- 2/08/13

I'm really disliking this robot hand plot. Magically growing a new one, and even what he's got now, stretches believability too much. Injury or not at some point everyone has to deal with not being in fighting shape anymore and I think it would be far more interesting and realistic to follow Micheal coming to terms with that, like with him transitioning to heading operations.

And WTF was Doctor Flox thinking there at the end? He spends the entire episode playing it smart to keep himself alive, still has the leverage of them wanting his cooperation, and decides to take on two armed and trained operatives looking like he's never even fired a gun before.

But damn did Nikita look nice in that dress.
Old 02-10-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelWill
I'm really disliking this robot hand plot. Magically growing a new one, and even what he's got now, stretches believability too much. Injury or not at some point everyone has to deal with not being in fighting shape anymore and I think it would be far more interesting and realistic to follow Micheal coming to terms with that, like with him transitioning to heading operations.
I agree with this. Was hoping that would be Michael's new permanent role, with Owen getting more duty in the field as Nikita's partner. That lasted what, exactly one episode?

And WTF was Doctor Flox thinking there at the end? He spends the entire episode playing it smart to keep himself alive, still has the leverage of them wanting his cooperation, and decides to take on two armed and trained operatives looking like he's never even fired a gun before.
I figured he knew enough about Nikita to know that he was doomed the minute she discovered he was experimenting on kids. In fact, I was surprised that Nikita didn't bring this up when they got back to Ops, that the limbs might have been the result of experimentation on children. Figured even Michael would balk at that.

But damn did Nikita look nice in that dress.
Old 02-11-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Not my favorite episode. Agree with what has been said, this plot with Michael wanting to magically grow his hand back stretches into science fiction.

Nikita did look hot though.

Also, why does John Billingsley look exactly the same in every guest appearance? Every character he plays has the exact same mannerisms too. at him being a dumbass and getting shot at the end.