TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Touch -- 2 Hour Premiere -- "Event Horizon/Closer" -- 2/08/13

Old 02-08-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Touch -- 2 Hour Premiere -- "Event Horizon/Closer" -- 2/08/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Season Two of TOUCH picks up right where Season One left off - with Kiefer Sutherland's character, MARTIN, on the run with his son, JAKE (David Mazouz). Martin is determined to keep Jake safe from those who want to exploit his supernatural abilities, but Jake is on a mission of his own - to find the elusive Amelia (Saxon Sharbino). When Jake leads Martin to Los Angeles and to Amelia's mother, LUCY ROBBINS (Maria Bello), these three form an ad hoc family, searching for the girl who may be the key to understanding Jake's abilities. Factoring into the unfolding equation is the genius of Aster Corps., CALVIN NORBURG (Lukas Haas), who's on the verge of making a career-defining discovery, as well as the extreme religious zealot GUILLERMO ORTIZ (Said Taghmaoui), who stops at nothing to attain his vision. As ominous connections appear, Martin remains determined to uncover a global conspiracy in order to protect his family and save the lives of the innocent in the special two-hour Season Two premiere episode of TOUCH, "Event Horizon/Closer," airing Friday, Feb. 8 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TOU-201/2) (TV-14 L, V)

13 episode 2nd season

Maria Bello and Lukas Haas have joined the cast as series regulars.

Although regarding Bello:

Spoiler:
She quit the show sometime during production and her character will eventually be written out.

Touch wrapped production last month. Kiefer was on Ellen the other day and said there is no new developments on 24.
Old 02-08-13, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Touch -- 2 Hour Premiere -- "Event Horizon/Closer" -- 2/08/13

Finally something to fill the Friday night void left by Fringe.

So I'm guessing that Gugu Mbatha-Raw is no longer part of the cast???
Old 02-08-13, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

No!!

I think she did only season 1 according to IMDB and she is not integral to the plot anymore.

She will be missed.

Old 02-08-13, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by windom
Finally something to fill the Friday night void left by Fringe.

Martin pretty much said goodbye to her at the end of last season when he and Jake took off to LA. I would not expect to see her back. Bello's character seems to be taking the female lead from her.

This is taking up Fringe's timeslot. I would not expect to see this do better than a 1.1 or 1.2 even with Kiefer. The CBS dramas don't even get 2's anymore on Fridays. I think CSI NY and Blue Bloods average around a 1.5 or 1.6.

Did anyone watch the missing Touch episode that aired this past summer? It had absolutely nothing to do with this current arc at all. I don't even think it's on the DVD.
Old 02-08-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Anyone see this show making it to Season 3? It's still hard for me to see "Touch" as anything more than "the show that's keeping us from the '24' movie." It's not horrible (yet!), but it's not exactly must-see TV for me. I confess to watching only half of Season 1 before giving up...thought the pilot was great, then it was all downhill.
Old 02-08-13, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Anyone see this show making it to Season 3? It's still hard for me to see "Touch" as anything more than "the show that's keeping us from the '24' movie." It's not horrible (yet!), but it's not exactly must-see TV for me. I confess to watching only half of Season 1 before giving up...thought the pilot was great, then it was all downhill.
I don't think it's a bad show. It actually got better as the season went along. It also started developing a more serialzied stoyline. I get that Kiefer is so closely associated with playing Jack Bauer and him playing a neutered non-badass like Martin is a turnoff.

As I said in my OP, this show already wrapped production a few weeks ago. The only thing holding the 24 movie from getting made is FOX. Kiefer is available, they have a script ready to go.
Old 02-08-13, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe Kiefer should brush up on his Jack Bauer skills & go kick down the door at FOX & 'convince' them to get going on 24.
Old 02-09-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

So what's the over/under on how many times Martin will call his son sweetheart this season?
Old 02-09-13, 04:19 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

How many actors who have appeared on 24 will appear on this too? I counted 3 in the first episode alone.
Old 02-09-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The first use of Sweetheart was not for the boy, but for a girl. But in the second episode, Jake is once again the sweetheart. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

It looks like the show has decided to move on from the weekly stories of randomness that come together at the end, and are putting forward a new narrative. Much like Fringe, the show is moving to a more serialized format after starting out as a stand alone episode series. So the magical cell phone and the Japanese girls are gone. Instead, it looks like we have a subplot involving an assassin who will be folded into the main plot as the season progresses. We also get seemingly random characters, but now they're tied into the main plot, instead of eachother.

Episode 2 brought us our first Dammit of the season. Combined with the fighting in the first episode and the shootout in the second, you can almost see Jack Bauer bubbling below the surface, wanting so bad to be let out.

This show is never going to be 24, but I like the slight retooling they did for season 2. They took the good elements of the show from the first season and got rid of most of the stuff that didn't work very well. Maybe if this is how the show had started, the ratings wouldn't have eroded so badly.

Speaking of which, this show did not fare very well last night. 1.1 demo in the first hour, and 0.9 in the second. As comparison, Fringe did a 1.1 for its 2 hour finale, and a 0.8 for the episode the week before that. I don't think even Jack Bauer could save the show at this point. I'm sure FOX will let the show air all the episodes, but I can't see them renewing it.

Maybe we'll finally get 24: The Movie...in 2014.
Old 02-10-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 228 Likes on 133 Posts

I just want there to be at least one scene where Keifer isn't out of breath. Seriously, he plays EVERY scene like he just ran in to do his lines.
Old 02-11-13, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Man do I miss Jack Bauer. It was tough seeing Kiefer get his ass kicked in the 1st hour.

Overall, I liked the 2 hours and I liked the new narrative the show has taken. Much more compelling storytelling than the random ass people from around the world and how they all come together.

Maria Bello is a nice addition and I think she does have good chemistry with Kiefer. I guess Lukas Haas' character is sort of a villain.

The Ortiz character is interesting. I don't really get his objective. I was surprised when he slit the throat of that woman near the end. I guess he will eventually make his way to Los Angeles.
Old 02-12-13, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

I liked this so far though it sucks Bello has left which is probably not a good sign it will return.

The Indian dude from Inception is a terrible actor. I think he was trying to attempt a British accent.

I think the guy who played Ben Stillers son in Little Fockers was the hacker.

Amelia does not look like a teenager but more like an adult.