TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Arrow -- "Betrayal" -- 2/06/13

Old 02-06-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Arrow -- "Betrayal" -- 2/06/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

DAVID ANDERS ("ONCE UPON A TIME," "THE VAMPIRE DIARIES") GUEST STARS - Cyrus Vanch (Anders), a nefarious criminal, is recently released from prison and intends to re-secure his position as leader of the underworld. His first step is to take down his biggest opponent in the city - Arrow (Stephen Amell). Meanwhile, Oliver shows Moira (Susanna Thompson) his father's notebook and questions her about the names on the list. Thea (Willa Holland) is miserable as she starts her internship with Laurel (Katie Cassidy) at the legal aid office and Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) makes a deadly mistake that puts Laurel in the crosshairs of Vanch. David Ramsey and Colin Donnell also star. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Lana Cho & Beth Schwartz (#113).

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2KBIA5qAb

Episode 13 of 23
Old 02-07-13, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Arrow -- "Betrayal" -- 2/06/13

Now that is more like it.

Best episode in several weeks. Probably since the winter break.

Ollie was back to being the vigilante badass and killing goons without remorse. Loved how he took out all of Cyrus Vanch's guards.

Loved seeing Manu Bennett from Spartacus as Deathstroke in the flashbacks. I'm sure we'll be seeing alot more of him in the coming weeks. I'm guessing that Deathstroke may have helped Ollie develop some of his skills. It's cool that they let him keep his accent and not make him American.

Ollie needs to listen to Diggle more often and not be so stubborn. Looking forward to seeing what transpires from Arrow and Mommy Queen's conversation next week.
Old 02-07-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Ollie needs to listen to Diggle more often and not be so stubborn.
Diggle kept insisting his Army trainer buddy wasn't bad and look how that turned out. The final scene where he busts in on his mom's meeting was bad ass.
Old 02-07-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laurel was a self righteous brat in this ep. I was hoping they'd cut off a pinky or something to prove that they had her.

D
Old 02-07-13, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Diggle kept insisting his Army trainer buddy wasn't bad and look how that turned out. The final scene where he busts in on his mom's meeting was bad ass.
Yeah I know. Diggle got it wrong with his army buddy, but for the most part he's the voice of reason.
Old 02-07-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They need to start featuring villains of the week who are actually menacing or imposing to even the slightest degree or is this as menacing as Canadian actors get? They don't need the Hood to take them out just a well-placed swat with a towel should do the trick. And damp, dark Vancouver stopped being visually interesting back about the time the X-Files packed up and moved to LA.
Old 02-07-13, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They dress Laurel is very unflattering pants. High waisted mom jeans, high waist polyester trousers. makes her look very misshapen and i know she is hiding a decent keister under all that but it doesn't look it.

was nice to see her kick some serious ass.
Old 02-07-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
They dress Laurel is very unflattering pants. High waisted mom jeans, high waist polyester trousers. makes her look very misshapen and i know she is hiding a decent keister under all that but it doesn't look it.

was nice to see her kick some serious ass.
I think that's to bring attention to the prosthetic boobs for the 18-24 demo.
Old 02-07-13, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So, does anyone believe that Deathstroke wasn't the one who tortured Ollie during his incarceration? Interesting...
Old 02-08-13, 02:03 AM

Good episode but I can't stand Laurel's dad. I don't know if it's the actor or the character but he's just terrible.

Diggle getting it wrong with his army buddy just proves his point that you can't look objectively at those you care about. He's a perfect example of that.
Old 02-08-13, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
So, does anyone believe that Deathstroke wasn't the one who tortured Ollie during his incarceration? Interesting...
It wasn't him. There was another person with the same mask.
Old 02-08-13, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It wasn't him. There was another person with the same mask.
I know that's what he guy said, but he didn't seem like the most trustworthy person!

Liked how Oloie having to trust daddy cop mirrored island events.

Usually I find the Arrow judgment line cliche, but I found it compelling at the end!
Old 02-08-13, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SiberianLlama View Post
Good episode but I can't stand Laurel's dad. I don't know if it's the actor or the character but he's just terrible.
He is rather annoying, his attitude is horrible, I hate when they have someone going after someone that is stopping the bad guys THAT hard. Does he do anything else? Of course all is fine the moment he needs him and then will be chasing him a week later.
Old 02-08-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the issue is he hates the Arrow as much and in the same way he hates Ollie. Or at least that's he way it is coming across, and there is no reason for it. I'd more interested if he did regular cop work, ran across the Arrow, but dealt with personal problems Laurel mentioned.

Together he and Moira are the biggest things bringing this show down, with Speedy a close 3rd.

And Curtis needs more to do.
Old 02-08-13, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
I think the issue is he hates the Arrow as much and in the same way he hates Ollie. Or at least that's he way it is coming across, and there is no reason for it. I'd more interested if he did regular cop work, ran across the Arrow, but dealt with personal problems Laurel mentioned.

Together he and Moira are the biggest things bringing this show down, with Speedy a close 3rd.

It does come across that way and for no real good reason. As a cop he likely would have to do something if he ran into him doing something extreme, yet how much is done would not have to be over the top, at the moment he is going after him harder then the criminals Green Arrow (calling him that) goes after.
Old 02-08-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You don't think Oliver's friend who's dating Lance slows the show down? He comes on the screen and it's like Dawson's Creek.
Old 02-08-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
You don't think Oliver's friend who's dating Lance slows the show down? He comes on the screen and it's like Dawson's Creek.
Oh sure I do! I just think those three are noticeably worse. Plus, I do think Tommy has marginally improved as they've tried to develop his character. Last night may have been Dawsony, but he was at least justified.
Old 02-08-13, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus we need these tommy setup episodes (even though he does kind of suck).

Gives backstory for when Laurel determines she loves "The Hood", then tommy somehow finds out the Hood is Oliver, then tommy goes crazy and hates both oliver and the hood, then he goes running to his father who teaches him the way of the black archer.
Old 02-08-13, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We also need Tommy because of his link between Ollie and his dad (Merlyn).
Old 02-08-13, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Plus we need these tommy setup episodes (even though he does kind of suck).

Gives backstory for when Laurel determines she loves "The Hood", then tommy somehow finds out the Hood is Oliver, then tommy goes crazy and hates both oliver and the hood, then he goes running to his father who teaches him the way of the black archer.
I so hope not, but I've been thinking the exact same thing. Tommy is set up exactly to be Oliver's nemesis/villain. For once in a story like this I want him to stay a best friend, but we all know the end game for Queen and Lance.
Old 02-09-13, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yeek View Post
I so hope not, but I've been thinking the exact same thing. Tommy is set up exactly to be Oliver's nemesis/villain. For once in a story like this I want him to stay a best friend, but we all know the end game for Queen and Lance.
Remember that it took Smallville many years before they even introduced Lois Lane. The CW expects Arrow to anchor their male demo for the next 6 to 8 years, at a minimum.
Old 02-09-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know that's what he guy said, but he didn't seem like the most trustworthy person!

Liked how Oloie having to trust daddy cop mirrored island events.

Usually I find the Arrow judgment line cliche, but I found it compelling at the end!
If they make sure to keep any of his traits from the comic, Slade Wilson is DEFINITELY an untrustworthy person.

But, odds are it is someone else as well with the mask. Cause I don't the audience (and Ollie) could buy someone conning you just by going "Hey I'm not the same guy. I'm speaking where he never did."
Old 02-09-13, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Remember that it took Smallville many years before they even introduced Lois Lane. The CW expects Arrow to anchor their male demo for the next 6 to 8 years, at a minimum.
Well, that has a lot to do with the fact that Lois Lane wasn't a part of the Superboy story. Lana Lang was created for that time in his life.
Old 02-11-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The CW renewed this for a second season today.

Easily The CW's biggest hit of the season.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/cws-...wals/#comments

Last edited by DJariya; 02-11-13 at 02:30 PM.