Person of Interest -- "Prisoner's Dilemma" -- 1/10/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Person of Interest -- "Prisoner's Dilemma" -- 1/10/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

"Prisoner's Dilemma" - While Carter engages in mental warfare with the FBI to help Reese evade Agent Donnelly's narrowing focus, Reese crosses paths with foes both old and new. Meanwhile, Det. Fusco is forced to fly solo to help the team's newest POI: supermodel Karolina Kurkova, on "PERSON OF INTEREST," Thursday, Jan. 10 (9:00 - 10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode 12 od 23

FYI, Sarah Shahi from Fairly Legal and Life will be joining the cast in a recurring role. Her 1st episode is expected to be Feb. 21.
Old 01-10-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: Person of Interest -- "Prisoner's Dilemma" -- 1/10/13

I called the Elias cameo last week. Damn this show is fantastic. So many twists and turns. It's also cool how they are sort of putting the # of the week on the backburner for these shows. I mean, I like the caper of the week, but I also love learning all the background stuff.

Last edited by Deftones; 01-10-13 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember a finer hour of tv on CBS, great ep, the cuts to Fusco were perfect.
Old 01-11-13, 08:45 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Loved it. I thought they might get busted, and once they did it seemed something had to happen to Donnelly. Felt kinda bad for him. This is a darn good show.
Old 01-11-13, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Fucking awesome episode.

God, I wish this show was alot more popular in this forum like The Walking Dead, Dexter or Homeland. It's such a well crafted and consistent show every week and there are so many twists and turns. Great mix of action, serial and procedural. Now it seems like the procedural aspect of this show is taking a backseat.

The back story scenes were great with Reese and Stanton and I loved the interrogation scenes with Reese and Carter.

Finch is such a genious. I have to assume that alot of the cover story with "John Warren" was planned ahead of time in case Reese were to ever get captured. There was just no way that could be done on the fly.

Loved the appearance of Elias and how he sort of helped Reese. Now that Flashpoint is ending, I have to assume to Enrico Colantoni will be free to recur more on this show. I hope they have some big plotline planned for him later this season.

and wow, the Stanton hit on Donnelly's car was really unexpected.

RIP Agent Donnelly.

This is such a great show. Probably CBS' best show right now next to The Good Wife. More people here need to open up their season 1 BD's and start watching to get caught up.
Old 01-12-13, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Brennan Brown will have to go back to talking to his mother-in-law for hours on end and booking trips with Eddie Money.
Old 01-12-13, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

It's a shame about Donnelly but expected. I love how Elias is bad but still cares about John in his own twisted way. A fantastic episode and I can't wait to get season 2 on BD to revisit it while we wait for season 3 (did this get renewed?) to air.
Old 01-13-13, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RocShemp
It's a shame about Donnelly but expected. I love how Elias is bad but still cares about John in his own twisted way. A fantastic episode and I can't wait to get season 2 on BD to revisit it while we wait for season 3 (did this get renewed?) to air.
CBS doesn't make renewal decisons until late April/May. It's a lock to get renewed for season 3.
Old 01-13-13, 02:50 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

The only thing I didn't like was how Donnelly said he knew Carter was in on it. Because she had concern in her eyes when he was getting attacked in a prison yard? She's not a monster, and had spent a great deal of time interrogating him and even forming a bond. I'd hope she'd have concern in her eyes.

Just seemed like a loose connection.
Old 01-13-13, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I'd even say that her "look" could be attributed to her being a good cop and not agreeing with Donnelly's methods. It could've been anyone out there and she would have been concerned.
Old 01-13-13, 11:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I'd even say that her "look" could be attributed to her being a good cop and not agreeing with Donnelly's methods. It could've been anyone out there and she would have been concerned.
Yes - exactly.
Old 01-14-13, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I think it just goes to show how unhinged the case was making Donnelly. He thinks Reese is a credible threat to National Security and is effectively grasping at straws to prove in his mind that Reese was his guy. That Donnelly turned out to be correct about the connection between Carter and Reese was just coincidence.
Old 01-14-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Fucking awesome episode.

God, I wish this show was alot more popular in this forum like The Walking Dead, Dexter or Homeland. It's such a well crafted and consistent show every week and there are so many twists and turns. Great mix of action, serial and procedural. Now it seems like the procedural aspect of this show is taking a backseat.

The back story scenes were great with Reese and Stanton and I loved the interrogation scenes with Reese and Carter.

Finch is such a genious. I have to assume that alot of the cover story with "John Warren" was planned ahead of time in case Reese were to ever get captured. There was just no way that could be done on the fly.

Loved the appearance of Elias and how he sort of helped Reese. Now that Flashpoint is ending, I have to assume to Enrico Colantoni will be free to recur more on this show. I hope they have some big plotline planned for him later this season.

and wow, the Stanton hit on Donnelly's car was really unexpected.

RIP Agent Donnelly.

This is such a great show. Probably CBS' best show right now next to The Good Wife. More people here need to open up their season 1 BD's and start watching to get caught up.
Exactly!! I actually was sort of dreading this one and didn't watch it until after football yesterday. I thought that this episode with the interrogation was not going to be up to par for some reason. The previews turned me off. BUT WOW! The Fusco stuff was so cool.
Old 01-14-13, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In real life with Carter working so closely with Donnelly she should probably have been more careful meeting up with John until she knew Donnelly had moved on to something else. She had to have known how driven he was and that he wouldn't just say OK it's not him and look elsewhere.