Old 04-26-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show would probably be put on thursdays again. Fox idea
Old 04-26-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I think we need to remember in all of this that "Young Indiana Jones" was supposed to be this blockbuster show, and when it came to ratings, no one watched the bloody thing (although I happened to think it was a decent series). Just because the name "Star Wars" is on it, don't automatically expect blockbuster ratings beyond the first episode.
Comparing Young Indiana Jones to Star Wars is like comparing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays to the New York Yankees.
Old 04-26-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Comparing Young Indiana Jones to Star Wars is like comparing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays to the New York Yankees.
Well, both teams are tied for last place.
Old 04-26-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
An HD Star Wars show.
That's what I keep telling myself.

Just remember what was said in the recent interview posted on the previous page - "Lucas expects work on the live-action series to begin in about a year."

I wouldn't count on a Fall 2006 scheduling just yet.

Last edited by B.A.; 04-26-05 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-26-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I bet they will put up against one of the strongest shows on a rival network. Go up against Lost or Alias on Wednesday, Survivor or CSI/Apprentice on Thursday or try to own Sunday and follow Simpsons/Malcolm and go against Desperate Housewives.
Old 04-26-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Awesome news, just awesome. I really like the idea of doing up the scripts at once, I've been praying for Trek to do this for years. And Young Indiana Jones, while cool in concept, just isn't a big TV draw for most folks. I can remember wanting to like back when it was on, but I can hardly recall any episodes whatsoever. I think SW is a much better draw.

As for Carrot Top... perhaps a live action re-interpretation of Jar Jar?
Old 04-26-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I would bet they try and revive the X-files friday night slot. If there was any show that would draw people back to fridays, it would be a SW show.

Place your bets. I'm in on Friday's at 8 pm.

Also the debut is fall 2006, Malcom will be gone, and 24 is iffy. Simpsons is tired. Maybe AI will have died down by then as well. Also likely that the OC audience has grown up and tired of thier show. So it could really go anywhere.

So it looks like to me Fox will need a big hit in a year and a half. This could be it.

Is there a link to malcom being gone? There was a story saying that 24 is coming back for another year.

Simpsons are tired but still bring in decent ratings. OC still brings good ratings. No need to destroy one of your other shows by moving its time slot.
Old 04-26-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I think we need to remember in all of this that "Young Indiana Jones" was supposed to be this blockbuster show, and when it came to ratings, no one watched the bloody thing (although I happened to think it was a decent series). Just because the name "Star Wars" is on it, don't automatically expect blockbuster ratings beyond the first episode.
Star wars fans > Indiana jones fans.
Old 04-26-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Star wars fans > Indiana jones fans.
True, but his point is still valid. People were excited and drooling over an IJ series... but when they actually watched it, they were largely bored, tuned out, and the show never took off. The tone was too different from the films, and it wasn't what people expected. (Although I loved the show... and can't wait for them to finally put the full thing out on DVD.)

But, it sounds like Lucas is going to self-finance this (as he does with everything these days) and is going to guarantee 100 episodes. Even if the ratings are mediocre and Fox (or whatever station) cancels it... the show will just move to somewhere else. Or go direct to DVD. Or something else.

This is going to be interesting.
Old 04-26-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let's hope it's not another 70's Holiday Special.

How about a live Ewoks show??
Old 04-26-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Or maybe Lucas will follow in Roddenberry's footsteps and bypass networks entirely like what was done with Star Trek: Next Generation? First-run syndication has pretty much dried up now, but it was plenty popular during the years of NG and DS9.
Old 04-26-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Malcom will be gone?

They just signed the show for next season. Pretty hard to predict that a show will be gone over a year and half into the future.
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Is there a link to malcom being gone? There was a story saying that 24 is coming back for another year.

Simpsons are tired but still bring in decent ratings. OC still brings good ratings. No need to destroy one of your other shows by moving its time slot.
What is hard to understand here?

2006. That is not this coming fall. That is over a year and a half away. Malcom is tired. This coming season 2005 will probably be the last. Same with 24(at least with Kiefer). But then again Fox is known for running shows into the ground. See That 70's Show, X-files & Simpsons.

But then again this is all speculation. It is too far away to tell. Not to mention they haven't even put a drop of ink on the page to get this started.
Old 04-26-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malcom is tired.
Far from it. Malcolm is in top form, this season especially. It is just getting the shit (i.e. Futurama) treatment from Fox, which is the reason it will (likely) be canned.
Old 04-26-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

What is hard to understand here?

2006. That is not this coming fall. That is over a year and a half away. Malcom is tired. This coming season 2005 will probably be the last. Same with 24(at least with Kiefer). But then again Fox is known for running shows into the ground. See That 70's Show, X-files & Simpsons.

But then again this is all speculation. It is too far away to tell. Not to mention they haven't even put a drop of ink on the page to get this started.
I guess it's hard to understand how you have foresight of the future. What will happen in 2006 is certainly not known, especially not by you. For you to comment about what the future of the show is that far in the future is pretty laughable.
Old 04-26-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Morf
Far from it. Malcolm is in top form, this season especially. It is just getting the shit (i.e. Futurama) treatment from Fox, which is the reason it will (likely) be canned.
Absolutely. It's consistently funny and other than AD is the most anticipated show for me on Sundays, even over the Simpsons anymore.
Old 04-26-05, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this is disappointing. I was hoping it would be post RoTJ. My problem with setting it between movies III and IV is that you know how it all ends, so there is a sense of pointlessness to me. A show about the Skywalker children with occasional or not so occasional cameos by Mark Hamil has so much more appeal to me.
Old 04-26-05, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by malichai
Well, this is disappointing. I was hoping it would be post RoTJ. My problem with setting it between movies III and IV is that you know how it all ends, so there is a sense of pointlessness to me.
So is Revenge of the Sith pointless to you too, since you pretty much know how that ends?
Old 04-26-05, 06:39 PM
Retired

By the way, thre rumors in a thread in movie talk reported that the series will focus on a Jedi from Episode III (minor character) who survives that film.
Old 04-26-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I guess it's hard to understand how you have foresight of the future. What will happen in 2006 is certainly not known, especially not by you. For you to comment about what the future of the show is that far in the future is pretty laughable.
Exactly. I said it was speculation in my post. But, we will revive this thread in a year when the 2006 shows are announced. I bet I'm not that far off.
Old 04-26-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
By the way, thre rumors in a thread in movie talk reported that the series will focus on a Jedi from Episode III (minor character) who survives that film.

Wasn't it
Spoiler:
Ayala Secura? (sp) that lucious green skinned Twilek?
Old 04-26-05, 07:37 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Exactly. I said it was speculation in my post. But, we will revive this thread in a year when the 2006 shows are announced. I bet I'm not that far off.
If 24 follows this seasons formula, the next season (which will happen) will not begin until 2006.
Old 04-26-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Feel free to do so. Until then, anything you "speculate" is nothing more than that.
Old 04-26-05, 10:42 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Wasn't it
Spoiler:
Ayala Secura? (sp) that lucious green skinned Twilek?
Yes.
Old 04-27-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by malichai
Well, this is disappointing. I was hoping it would be post RoTJ. My problem with setting it between movies III and IV is that you know how it all ends, so there is a sense of pointlessness to me. A show about the Skywalker children with occasional or not so occasional cameos by Mark Hamil has so much more appeal to me.

An older Mark Hamill in an Obi-wan/Yoda type of role =

What good will a between Ep III and IV show be WITHOUT Vader?!?
Old 04-27-05, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by JTH182
An older Mark Hamill in an Obi-wan/Yoda type of role =

What good will a between Ep III and IV show be WITHOUT Vader?!?
Darth Vader's just a guy in a suit, so if they wanted to put him in, they could do so easily. Same with Boba Fett; we're not given a specific time-frame the series takes place in, so if it's within a few years of ANH, Boba could show up, too.

The quality of this series depends a lot on just what Lucas is planning to do with it. I'm optimistic because 1) ROTS looks like it's going to be the best of the prequels; 2) The Clone Wars animated series were rather well done. So it looks like maybe George is finally "getting it." The audience wants darker material, not a bunch of muppets or Jar-Jars.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.