The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-04, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly w/ ya BizRodian! Star Wars is his baby...nothing wrong with taking care of his "investment".

And as for a Star Wars series...yeah...let it come! The short animated series on the Cartoon network are awesome and leave me wanting more!
Old 05-02-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I've always maintained a TV series featuring the continuing adventures of Boba Fett would be a runaway hit.
Old 05-02-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by resinrats
How about the series set a few years before ANH. Rebellion fighting a full-strength Empire. They could introduce a left-over Jedi from the Republic that would probably need to be killed before the events of ANH so Luke/Ben are the last Jedi around.
A blend of the Rogue Squadron idea and this one would be good, set prior to Star Wars. There could two groups (one would be the X-Wing pilots and the other might be the Jedi and someone else). The series could follow these two separate stories (cutting back and forth) that would eventually intertwine maybe in season 2.
Old 05-02-04, 01:55 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
How about following the life of someone in the Empire?
Old 09-10-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Star Wars TV Series confirmed by LFL(?)

From theforce.net:

Yesterday TFN was up in Los Angeles for the DVD press day sponsored by Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment. We are pleased to announce that Lucasfilm confirmed officially a Star Wars television show coming in the future. They didn't comment on setting (post-Episode III or post-Episode VI we would guess)or release schedule (we expect Fall 2006). Either way - this is coming for sure!

I put it in question marks only because none of the other reviews that I've read by those who also attended the event has reported this.
Old 09-10-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I could have sworn that I've already read somewhere that the Clone Wars animated series was coming back. Is that what they are talking about?
Old 09-11-04, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
It's the Jar Jar Binks Family Smile Hour!!!
Old 09-12-04, 09:18 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

If this is legit and not the clone show, and if they got some talented people aboard (those with experience making great sci-f-/fantasy tv) there are dozens of great show ideas you could pull out of this universe. But somehow, I just imagine the kiddy angle being pushed too hard. And this is coming from someone who doesn't hate the prequels.

They could do a show with a Han Solo-type smuggler (and a cohort or two) travelling the galaxy. He's pissed out some big shots AND the Empire. Set somewhere between episode 3 and 4. Could be like The Fugitive but in a Star Wars setting.

Whatever it is, it would have to be set when the Empire is in power to be any good, UNLESS its the story of what happens AFTER episode 6. But then they would either have to 1) recast roles like Luke, Leia, etc., 2) somehow revolve it around new characters, or 3) set it way into the future and have those characters be older (assuming they could get Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher to do cameos).
Old 09-12-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Best option for a TV series: The Sequel Trilogy.

The series could be about Han and Leia's Jedi kids, and take the place of the sequel trilogy that Lucas doesn't want to do.

The time is right for it... a generation has passed since "Return of the Jedi," so the OT cast is the right age to reprise their roles should they want to. I would guess that Mark, Carrie, and BDW would probably be willing to do cameos at least; but it's doubtful that Harrison "Movie Star" Ford would lower himself to do television. Mark's been doing voices for animated series, so I could see him picking up the lightsaber again on a recurring basis.

If Lucas does have ideas on what the Sequel Trilogy storyline would be, he could tell the story with this series in an expanded form.

It's possible to make some pretty damned good-looking TV on a limited budget these days... I'm in the middle of "Angel" season four and that just looks cinematic and beautiful.

Also, the lower TV budgets wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, either. It would force the creators to rely less on special effects and more on storytelling skills, which is a frequent complaint about the Prequels. In addition, Lucas would probably executive produce, but he could hand the writing and direction down to a talented core of individuals who share a similar vision (again with the "Angel" reference). And, since this was "only a TV series" and not a movie, Lucas would probably be less inclined to keep his fingers in the pie than he would if it were a movie.
Old 09-13-04, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
I forsee any future Star Wars project (movies or TV, but not Clone Wars cartoons) being completely CGI... No real actors, only voices. This would allow Mark Hamill to have a BIG part, and look age (and fitness level) appropriate. we already know Mark likes doing voices, so this would be a no brainer.
Old 09-13-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JTH182
I forsee any future Star Wars project (movies or TV, but not Clone Wars cartoons) being completely CGI... No real actors, only voices. This would allow Mark Hamill to have a BIG part, and look age (and fitness level) appropriate. we already know Mark likes doing voices, so this would be a no brainer.
I'd be on board for this. It also allows them to use some of the better novels/comics already created... not worry about changing/aging casts, timeframes, etc.
Old 09-13-04, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I would love to see a Bounty Hunter series, with the dudes from Empire. Or an animated Han Solo trilogy would be cool. There is so much expanded universe stuff available that would make excellent animated programming.
Old 09-13-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they could make a Star Wars series in the same way they made Young Indy. Wow... that would so rock.

I'd say stay away from the EU stuff. I mean, I do like some of it, but it's best to stay away.

Get a new character, set it in a new time, and tell a good story.

The problem I'd have is that Star Wars has always been a kids thing. I don't know how that could play out. If it's a kids show in the same way BTAS was, then cool... but otherwise...
Old 09-13-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they should stick to side-stories. A Knights of the Old Republic series would be my pick... a Rogue Squadron series could also do pretty well, although I can see that one become something like Battlestar Galactica. What was the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight guy's name? Kyle Katarn? There's enough plot progression there that that could work also.
Old 09-14-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
While it was about the Ewoks, the TV movies' production values were quite impressive. I think they actually occurred before ROTJ but I am not certain.

Anyhoo, this would be cool if true. I just hope it follows someone outside of the regular circle and maybe has an occasional cameo by someone important (maybe Vader, Obi-Wan, or Fett).
Old 09-14-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope its a live-action show.
Old 09-14-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
While it was about the Ewoks, the TV movies' production values were quite impressive. I think they actually occurred before ROTJ but I am not certain.
I'm not quite dorky enough to look this up (almost... but not quite ). But I assume they take place *after* RotJ. Because, by the 2nd film, Wicket can speak some rudimentary English, a skill he does not seem to have in RotJ.
Old 09-15-04, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This would be great if it was a live action show... not animated or all CGI. AND it took place in the classic time period of Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back with the empire in full force. I see it feature either a rouge Han Solo type character or maybe a lone Jedi that nobody knows about. or maybe a team of young rebels? A Star Wars TV show could be great if they did it right... ie, not to cartoonish like Jar Jar and have the feel of the original trilogy.
Old 09-15-04, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But I assume they take place *after* RotJ. Because, by the 2nd film, Wicket can speak some rudimentary English, a skill he does not seem to have in RotJ.
They take place before, Wicket speaks basic because the movies would be all subtitles if he didn't... kind of sucks though.
Old 09-16-04, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by DRG
They could do a show with a Han Solo-type smuggler (and a cohort or two) travelling the galaxy. He's pissed out some big shots AND the Empire. Set somewhere between episode 3 and 4. Could be like The Fugitive but in a Star Wars setting.
You mean Firefly?
Old 09-16-04, 10:08 AM

AP: After "Episode III," will you ever revisit "Star Wars"?

Lucas: Ultimately, I'm going to probably move it into television and let other people take it. I'm sort of preserving the feature film part for what has happened and never go there again, but I can go off into various offshoots and things. You know, I've got offshoot novels, I've got offshoot comics. So it's very easy to say, "Well, OK, that's that genre, and I'll find a really talented person to take it and create it." Just like the comic books and the novels are somebody else's way of doing it. I don't mind that. Some of it might turn out to be pretty good. If I get the right people involved, it could be interesting.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...a_george_lucas
Old 09-30-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's more news to fuel this. From theforce.net:

EP3: TV Series Confirmation in European Magazine
Thu, Sep 30, 04 02:18:46 PM EDT

Walkersky sent in more confirmation of the TV series.
I'm mailing to draw your attention to an article in the Autumn 2004 edition of "LICENSE! Europe" magazine, an industry publication dedicated to licensing (merchandising) opportunities for business.
This issue features an interview with Howard Roffman, president of licensing for LucasFilm. The interview appears on page 40. The interviewer asks whether there will be SW TV. Roffman replies:

"Yes, in autumn 2006 there will be a complete live action Star Wars TV series made by Lucasfilm".

The magazine website is: http://www.license-europe.com/licenseeurope but it has not updated with the new edition yet.
Live action!!!
Old 09-30-04, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kal-El
Here's more news to fuel this. From theforce.net:

Live action!!!
Live action actors against blue screen with tons of CGI cartoons!!!!!
Old 09-30-04, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by DRG
Dash Rendar?
Old 09-30-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Courtesy of NewsAskew.com, Kevin Smith may be involved in the new Star Wars TV show:

News Askew released a rumor back on September 16th stating that Kevin might be involved, in some capacity, with a then-unannounced Star Wars television series titled "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker". George Lucas had been dropping hints that the next realm of Star Wars would be television now that the theatrical run of six films is soon coming to a close.
Well, suffice it so say that we hadn't heard a denial from Kevin, so the news was becoming more interesting by the day, since Kevin's usually quick to speak up on the untrue. Today, with this news fresh across the wire, it's all falling into place.

Full story at:
http://newsaskew.com/cgi-bin/coranto...ulEFlFLhfrVTYi

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.