Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mandalorian -- Star Wars -- News, rumors, etc. -- possible spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rennervision
I hope the series centers around Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, and the hard life of moisture farming. Come on! Who's with me?
Hey, Troops was funny. The domestic disputes of the Lars every week on Fox!
Old 10-07-05, 04:14 PM

More news about both the live-action and Clone Wars

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11485

"Star Wars" producer Rick McCallum talked about both the new 3-D animated Clone Wars series and the live-action series in development.

"The animation is being done right now as we speak, it's starting to prep," McCallum said about the animated TV show. "That's being done here at the Ranch. A lot of the effects will be done in Singapore. But that won't really start moving forward, I mean it's just now conceptual work and script work now. I think George is trying to get 13 scripts done first before we really get into the pipeline of it. But that'll start happening probably at the end of March."

He added that "the live-action television series is something we're planning for just at the beginning of 2007 and we're just starting to interview writers and trying to really figure out, you know, which direction... It is going to be much darker, much grittier, it's much more character-based. He envisions somewhere like 100 hours between 'Episode III' and 'Episode IV' with a lot of characters that we haven't met but have been developed in other novels and other things. So, we're really excited about that because I think finally we can have the opportunity to answer everybody's questions once and for all by the time we finish the series."

Asked where the live-action series will be shot and in what kind of format, McCallum said that "principal photography will take place all around the world, probably with a base in Sydney. And, yes, we will be shooting in hi-def. Or, if anything else evolves within the next 12 months, you know, that would replace hi-def. I don't see that happening, but there may be new and more, or less expensive cameras with more optical imagery or optical discs that we record on. But basically it will be hi-def, yes."

Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda in the films, was also present and addressed a question whether or not he and Yoda will be part of the two new series. "Rick and I haven't talked about it yet. I am involved in the animated series right now. We're here at the Ranch as Rick said and we're currently working on the project and I'm very excited about that. The live-action is a little further out, so we haven't had those discussions yet. But knowing George and knowing the franchise there's going to be animated characters in there, we just haven't discussed them yet."

Ian McDiarmid, who played Emperor Palpatine, was asked a similar question about revisiting his character in the TV series. "Nobody really knows the details of the television series, I don't think that's because people are being particularly coy. I just think a lot of things haven't been decided yet. But I know that George's intention is to follow one of the characters who's been less highlighted up to now, but has been very popular with audiences. And sure, if it's the period between the movies, the Emperor has to be referred to. But you'll remember he was referred to often without actually appearing in the first Star Wars movie. And Peter Cushing was his very effective representative. So, I suspect there might be a number of very effective representatives, but you know, I always answer my telephone."
Old 11-18-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
"Star Wars" TV Scoop - "Forced Alliance?"

From "The Beat."

If this is legit, I dunno...

It sounds too much like a video game plot than a tv series.

I was under the impression that the series would take place between Episodes III and IV, and this will take place well after ROTJ. Maybe this will happen instead of/take the place of Eps VII-VIII-IX?

Fingers crossed that GL doesn't fuck this up.
Old 11-18-05, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Doubt it. Sounds pretty much like the Extended Universe novels. I like 'em, but I doubt that is the show.
Old 11-18-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't believe it. They finished principle shooting and NO ONE heard about this before? Ya... right.
Old 11-18-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I dunno, I think there has been some pretty damn good video game plots.

Although I like the idea... I just don't believe Lucas could make it good and I don't think this is the direction he wanted to go anyway.
Old 11-18-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
What makes this "apparently legit" as the website claims?
Old 11-19-05, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
Sounds like a fan film to me.
Old 11-19-05, 09:35 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, definitely fake since all the talk about the series has said it would take place between Episodes 3 and 4 and wouldn't involve any major characters other than maybe a cameo every now and again.
Old 11-19-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"These Jedi have good hearts but sordid pasts--and their fighting style is a combination of The Force & good old street smarts."

Sounds like something they'd do on South Park.
Old 11-19-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the best thing for Star Wars is a few seasons on HBO of one hour episodes like the Sopranos or Rome. This way GL can tell a story over several story years and with the current cost of major productions, it will still make money. And hopefully this time GL will write up a general story and let someone else write the script and direct it.
Old 11-19-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lucas has said before they want to have the entire show (all seasons) scripted before they even start shooting. I believe they did something similiar when they did Young Indy.
Old 11-20-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by al_bundy
I think the best thing for Star Wars is a few seasons on HBO of one hour episodes like the Sopranos or Rome. This way GL can tell a story over several story years and with the current cost of major productions, it will still make money. And hopefully this time GL will write up a general story and let someone else write the script and direct it.
And we'll get to see C-3PO's cock.

HBO would definitely be the way to go. No commercials, not tied to the 1 hour format, longer story arcs, and access to HD delivery. I always thought there should be an HBO version of Rogue Squadron.
Old 11-20-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show will be on FOX, Im almost certain of that.
Old 11-20-05, 01:34 PM

It's already been confirmed by Lucasfilm that it will be taking place between Episodes III and IV:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....rs+live+action
Old 11-20-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by ENDContra

most likely, since GL likes to give FOX the business because they helped him get started
Old 11-20-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ENDContra

GOod. Fox needs a hit.
Old 11-20-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
So is the tv series going to follow
Spoiler:
Shaak Ti
?

Spoiler:
I know she dies in the "Sith" novel and then there's the deleted scene, but we didn't see her die on film, so one could assume that she escaped the Jedi purge. She seems to fit the mold of a character that was quite popular, but hardly ever on-screen
Old 11-21-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
And we'll get to see C-3PO's cock.
Bah! Been there, done that.

http://www.snopes2.com/movies/films/c3po.htm
Old 11-21-05, 12:22 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looking foward to it, hopefully there's not too much kiddy shit
Old 02-16-06, 09:27 AM

More news, looks like we have several years to wait:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...date_97164.asp

"Speaking of the future, you said the Star Wars TV show is years away...

Steve Sansweet: We're doing it in two phases. The first is Star Wars animation, which is CG 3-dimensional animation, like a Toy Story, that takes place during the period of the Clone Wars that takes place between Episodes 2 and 3. And that we're setting for Fall of 2007. Preproduction is underway, we're doing animation test, people are working on initial scripts. So we're well under way on that. And George is very much taking hand and is very much part of the whole process. I know some people thought maybe he would just hey "hey, go do it," but George is Star Wars and he's always gonna be very closely involved in this.

The other project is live action, and the live action is going to take place between Episode 3 and Episode 4. We're looking at a 1 hour show and [Producer] Rick McCallum has said the ideal would be to come up with 100 hours to really get into the story line and characters, and that's the direction we're going in. So that is really targeted more towards the end of the decade."
Old 02-16-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeesh. It just seems a bit funny that Lucas and all his vast tv/movie production companies can't seem to handle working on more than one thing at a time.
Old 03-15-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Rick McCallum has told the BBC that the TV series will run for at least 100 episodes...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm
Old 01-04-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Also the debut is fall 2006, Malcom will be gone, and 24 is iffy. Simpsons is tired. Maybe AI will have died down by then as well. Also likely that the OC audience has grown up and tired of thier show. So it could really go anywhere.
So with the OC announcing it is done, I remembered this thread. Specifically the above innocent comment which drew such hatred. So we just finished the fall 2006 season and the OC has announced it is over, Malcom is long gone, I thought I would get a jab in since two of my predictions were right(AI's fate this season hasn't been determined, though it is doubtful it will bomb, and 24 signed Kiefer for 3 years shortly after my post). Two out of four, and 24, honestly could have gone either way. So sometimes a little logical thinking wins out.

Originally Posted by Deftones
Malcom will be gone?

They just signed the show for next season. Pretty hard to predict that a show will be gone over a year and half into the future.
I guess it's hard to understand how you have foresight of the future. What will happen in 2006 is certainly not known, especially not by you. For you to comment about what the future of the show is that far in the future is pretty laughable.
Feel free to do so. Until then, anything you "speculate" is nothing more than that.
There were others less venomous by other posters

So Deftones, this one's for you.
Old 01-04-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here I thought this was new scoop.

You bumped a thread to "ha, ha!" a nearly 2 year old exchange in which you were proven right?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.