TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Da Vinci's Demons -- New Starz series from David S. Goyer -- Coming in April

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-13, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Da Vinci's Demons -- New Starz series from David S. Goyer -- Coming in April

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m_IYtf_MUC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Premieres Friday April 12th

Synopsis:

In a world where thought and faith are controlled, one man fights to set knowledge free.

The secret history of Leonardo Da Vinci's tantalizing life reveals a portrait of a young man tortured by a gift of superhuman genius. He is a heretic intent on exposing the lies of religion. An insurgent seeking to subvert an elitist society. A bastard son who yearns for legitimacy with his father.

He finds himself in the midst of a storm that has been brewing for centuries. A conflict between truth and lies, religion and reason, past and future. His aspirations are used against him by the opposing forces of the time—luring him into a game of seduction where those who despise his intellect need him most.

Leonardo must take up the fight against foes who use history to suppress the truth. A hero armed only with genius,
Da Vinci stands alone against the darkness within, and the darkness without.

Facing an uncertain future, his quest for knowledge nearly becomes his undoing as he explores the fringes of his own sanity. Da Vinci throws himself into his genius and emerges as an unstoppable force that lifts an entire era out of darkness and propels it into light.

His story becomes a mirror into our own world, calling us all to join his fight to Free the Future.

David S. Goyer is the creator, writer, showrunner and director of this series.
Old 01-05-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Da Vinci's Demons -- New Starz series from David S. Goyer -- Coming in April

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/da-v...ern-prism-tca/

Goyer said that the show is about 85% historically accurate to the life of Leonardo Da Vinci.
Old 01-05-13, 04:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Da Vinci's Demons -- New Starz series from David S. Goyer -- Coming in April

Hopefully it's better than Camelot.
Old 01-05-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/da-v...ern-prism-tca/

Goyer said that the show is about 85% historically accurate to the life of Leonardo Da Vinci.
Thanks for that. It answered the first question that popped into my head after reading the initial post. I don't know a lot about Da Vinci and it'd be nice to be entertained while learning a bit too. I'm in. Of course at any given moment, you could be watching the 15% that's made up, but I'll find a way to cope with that.
Old 01-05-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting. I like what Starz is doing to compete with HBO/Showtime. I wonder if people will think it's a spinoff of the Tom Hanks' movies though based on the title?
Old 01-06-13, 07:22 PM

I thought it was a continuation of Da Vinci's Inquest and Da Vinci's City Hall.

Anyway, I'm interested in the person, but I think the trailer looks pretty crappy. The main actor looks too modern, like he just stepped out of a current-day beer ad.
Old 01-06-13, 07:30 PM

Who did they cast as Ezio?
Old 01-06-13, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I guess Da Vinci will be straight and a playboy type, sort of like the Bruce Wayne of Renaissance Florence. His real life sexuality was far murkier, with the general consensus that he was gay.