Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "J'ai Obtenu Cette" -- 12/04/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "J'ai Obtenu Cette" -- 12/04/12

Man did Tara get fucked this episode. Gut punched by Gemma, seeing Wendy, about to get smacked by Jax, and then the arrest. Next, the promised "double fisting" in prison.

Damn, Otto is one crazy mutha. Would love to see some flashbacks of him and the Original SAMCRO.
Old 12-05-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BTW, wasn't Venus Van Damme suppose to be in the finale with Tig? I thought Sutter tweeted about it. Maybe he meant the dog.
Old 12-05-12, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it not obvious to everybody else that the main reason for Otto's craziness is Sutter's obsession with himself?
Old 12-06-12, 12:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by aktick
Is it not obvious to everybody else that the main reason for Otto's craziness is Sutter's obsession with himself?
No, because Sutter himself said he hates playing Otto and wishes he'd never introduced the character. The tongue thing was most likely a clever way of making sure he never has to speak on the show again.
Old 12-06-12, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I must say I was unimpressed with Tig just shooting Pope - after watching his daughter burn because of Pope, I'd have thought he would have gone medieval on him and that would have been more in keeping with his character. Especially being in a relatively abandoned area and Jax using a silencer on the others. Of course then the Clay gun setup wouldn't have worked as well... so who cares if the characters act like Sutter has set them up to act throughout the show.

---

It seems like they were trying to point to Gemma being behind Tara's arrest, which makes me think it is Clay or the ex-Marshall.

I fear it might be Clay and they could be setting up a deal with him and Jax (Jax tells the police someone was setting Clay up for the Pope murder and Clay backs up on Tara providing the cross).

The other thing which was rather minor was Gemma told the police that Clay took his cut and left for a few hours. The club had already taken his cut so if anyone in the club wants to backup Clay (Juice? Bobby?) they could mention that Gemma's story is BS since he no longer had a cut. He also has the fact that his tats were blacked out to back this up as well.
Old 12-06-12, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

How did To Sir With Love make sense within the context of this episode? Or did Katey Sagal really just want to sing it?
Old 12-06-12, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pelenor
But was't leaving to Oregon part of Jax's plan as well? It was established he wanted to leave but only stayed to get the club out from under Pope and the Cartel wasn't it?
Jax's stated plan, or Jax's real plan? Because so far, Jax's "plan" closely mimicks all those people who "plan" to quit smoking on January 1st of each year. They really were going to do it, but something always comes up.

Tara knows this. She loves Jax, but she sees where this is going. That's why she says, "I took the job. I'm taking the boys. If you want to come, fine. If not, oh well." That's an important underline to how she sees the situation. We get more detail by watching Jax's reaction to her news. He doesn't respond with a look of happiness and a celebratory, "Yeah, let's blow this joint." He's upset she's forcing his hand.

Further evidence is provided earlier in the episode when Jax is telling Nero that Nero is close and to get out of the game. Nero throws it in Jax's face and says Jax is close too, and that he (Nero) will get out of the game if Jax will. Then there's that knowing look between them which signifies nobody's going anywhere.

If it wasn't, how can Jax ever forgive Gemma for doing that to his wife? On top of him blaming her for his fathers death, which Tara can tell him was also in the letters but Gemma never gave to him. Getting high and almost killing his kids? I understand it's his mother but theres only so much one can forgive.
We have to see that all play out, but you would be amazed what sons can forgive their mothers. It's made tremendously easier by Tara's power play. Gemma stopping Tara from running off with Jax's boys (if she's the one who made the call) could go a long way towards earning her a space at the table. Jax is also now going to need someone he trusts to watch the kids.
Old 12-06-12, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
I must say I was unimpressed with Tig just shooting Pope - after watching his daughter burn because of Pope, I'd have thought he would have gone medieval on him and that would have been more in keeping with his character. Especially being in a relatively abandoned area and Jax using a silencer on the others. Of course then the Clay gun setup wouldn't have worked as well... so who cares if the characters act like Sutter has set them up to act throughout the show.
Don't forget that Tig was still riding one hell of an emotional roller coaster at that point. The dude thought Jax betrayed him to Pope and that he was going to die a few moments before Jax came back in.
Old 12-06-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought it was a pretty good season overall. However, 7 seasons is just too long for its story arcs to be completed. That being said, I'll be there next year.
Old 12-06-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah, I wondered about Clay too. It's been a long time since I took Crim Pro and Evidence (two of my worst classes no less), but I don't think hearsay rules apply to an arrest warrant. Not that I expect this show to take a Law & Order approach anyhow.
You're correct. The prohibition against hearsay doesn't typically apply in probable cause determinations.
Old 12-06-12, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
How did To Sir With Love make sense within the context of this episode? Or did Katey Sagal really just want to sing it?
Yeah, I thought it was a horrible choice. Sometimes just the right song can really be powerful, but by the same token a bad one can do way more harm than good.
Old 12-06-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

I did like the callback to the final shot of last season, but with Gemma in place of Tara, which itself was a callback to the JT/Gemma pic.

So I'm expecting Jax will bang his mom next season.
Old 12-06-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didn't Gemma say he took his gun and went out? I thought she said gun, not cut.

Hearsay only matters at trial. At trial, they'd need Gemma or perhaps video from the storage place in order to convict. They absolutely do not need that until they reach trial. This is 100% the law in Virginia, and while I am not barred anywhere else I know of no reason why that would be different elsewhere.

Most of all, I think it has to be Clay because the authorities need a very compelling reason to keep him alive or else he's a dead man in very short order. Remember the bounty.
Old 12-06-12, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...hos-returning/

Well this confirms who gave up Tara
Old 12-06-12, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for that. It looks like I interpreted all the events correctly (which I did purely based on what was on the screen), though some of the other options presented here were also feasible.
Old 12-06-12, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I should have known.

With that said, I'll say this about Sutter -- I don't believe for a second he has next season plotted out. He may have Machete dropping the dime on Tara by the time things are filmed.

That said, it is very clear what his intent is from that. Good find.
Old 12-10-12, 01:04 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 124 Likes on 112 Posts

Thank Fuck that's over. Out for sure of the show, and won't miss it.

Chibs and Tig are the only 2 likeable characters left. So much absolute idiocy in here.
and now it's not enough to end with a 4 minute dirge of a song, but we are starting out episodes with a similar song?

I have no empathy to any of the characters. Jax is so stupid, yet pulls off the killing of Pope?

enjoy the last 2 seasons.
Old 12-10-12, 08:32 AM

While I'm not a fan of Gemma singing or To Sir with Love for that matter it does kind of fit the situation.

Those schoolgirl days of telling tales
And biting nails are gone
But in my mind I know
They still will live on and on

But how do you thank someone
Who has taken you from crayons to perfume?
It isn't easy, but I'll try

This could referring to when they met. She was really young and when she fell in love with John. And then Clay showed her how to be a
woman with power.

The time has come for closing books
And long last looks must end
And as I leave I know
That I am leaving my best friend

A friend who taught me right from wrong
And weak from strong
That's a lot to learn, what
What can I give you in return?

Except for the fact that in return she's betraying him and sending him to jail these lyrics pretty much fit the outcome.

So while I can understand not liking the song IMO it isn't completely off base.
Old 12-10-12, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Jax is so stupid?

Um, ok, I think you'd have a hard time selling that one....
Old 02-11-13, 06:07 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just caught up with this series, watched the whole season in a week

Overall it was a good season. I was a bit disappointed with Pope being MIA for much of the middle of the season. he was set up early to be a really powerful big bad but it didn't really turn out that way

I cannot stand the Gemma Tara power struggles. Gemma as a character, along with clay have run their course

Jax have really changed a lot, probably too much to be realistic. In season 1 he was wary of hurting anyone. Now he has no problem killing innocents (the prison guards wife) and anyone who gets in his way.

Jimmy Smits as Nero was the season highlight . Can't believe LA law was 25 years ago !

I still hated Machete and Acevada being Feds. Real waste of great actors and characters

So we have Gaalan with a grudge against the sons, the brother of the nurse and even the Grim reapers aren't too happy with the sons

Throw in Zorbelle and Season 6 could be a good one
Old 02-11-13, 02:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man, everytime i see the title of this episode it makes me cringe.

As a frenchie that title makes no sense.

I guess it translates to 'I acquired this' but it just makes no sense in french. lol
Old 02-11-13, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rumor has the next season being focused on past & future flashbacks with both John Teller and a 24 year old Abel. Horrible.
Old 02-11-13, 07:47 PM

^ yikes. That sounds horrendous (especially going in both directions in the same season).

It almost sounds like filler to drag things out before the inevitable Jax/Clay showdown - Sutter said the plan was 7 seasons (?), so he needs to fill 2 seasons of "why hasn't Jax killed Clay yet?"
Old 02-28-13, 12:03 PM

Received 4,730 Likes on 3,206 Posts

News I think we were all hoping for...

Sons of Anarchy is making Jimmy Smits a full-time member.

TVLine has learned that Smits — who joined the FX smash last season as gangbanger-turned-”companionator” Nero — is not only returning in Season 6, but will appear in all 13 episodes.

In December, series creator Kurt Sutter told TVLine that he was anxious to further examine the relationship between Nero and Katey Sagal’s Gemma, but noted that Smits’ busy schedule could be an obstacle.

“I dig [them],” said the boss. “In the finale, when he’s all twisted up about being back in the life, that’s the thing that makes Gemma the most comfortable. She knows what to do with those kinds of men; she knows how to be strong for those kinds of men. So, what does that look like? It’s a culture clash that we haven’t explored yet. To plug her into that world, which is traditionally somewhat misogynistic, could be interesting to see played out a little bit and to see what that looks like. I’d love to keep that going.”

Despite the fact that Smits is signed for all episodes produced in Season 6, he won’t technically be billed as a series regular.

SOA, which currently stands as FX’s highest-rated series ever, is slated to start production on Season 6 in early summer ahead of a fall 2013 launch.
Old 02-28-13, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Sutter just has certain fantasies about his wife in bed with a hispanic man.

Not that I'm complaining -- Nero was a serious breath of fresh air in a show that has had trouble introducing good characters or breathing fresh air into its premises.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.