DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Stephen King's Under The Dome - Season 1 Discussion - CBS (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/606852-stephen-kings-under-dome-season-1-discussion-cbs.html)

redsea 12-05-12 02:27 AM

Re: Stephen King's Under The Dome - Spielberg Produced - CBS

Dana Delany should play the reporter.

Tommy Ceez 12-05-12 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by lisadoris (Post 11491035)
Good book with an unfortunate ending. CBS probably won't change the ending but I wouldn't be mad if they did.

Did the ending even matter. The interesting part was the town turing into a Cluster-mug

Shannon Nutt 12-05-12 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson (Post 11490365)
I wish Showtime didn't pass on this. Will likely watch regardless.

Showtime really didn't "pass"...Showtime is owned by CBS. It was just a decision where to put the show...on Network or Cable.

DVD Josh 12-05-12 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by lisadoris (Post 11491035)
Good book with an unfortunate ending. CBS probably won't change the ending but I wouldn't be mad if they did.

The ending is just a plain ripoff (I'm sure King would say homage) of TZ and TOL episodes.

dex14 01-25-13 04:33 PM

Life Unexpected and The Secret Circle star Britt Robertson has been cast in a drama series for the CW sister network CBS. Robertson has joined Under The Dome, CBS’ 13-episode summer series from Steven Spielberg and Stephen King. Based on King’s bestselling novel, Under The Dome is set in Chester’s Mill, a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away. Robertson will play Angie, an attractive young waitress and aspiring nurse who’s always dreamed of escaping the town of Chester’s Mill.
:thumbsup:

TheBigDave 02-11-13 02:45 PM

Amazon Prime signed a deal to stream the episodes 4 days after they air on TV.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...on-make-420330

dex14 02-11-13 02:51 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-_7MOKzbU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mhg83 02-11-13 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 11574815)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-_7MOKzbU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That just looks like the cover art from the book :lol:

dex14 02-11-13 06:09 PM

I guess thats why they call it a teaser.

lwhy? 02-12-13 01:46 PM

The main leads from the book aren't even cast yet. I doubt they have even shot anything. CBS greenlit the show without a pilot which is kind of rare. I've been reading the book on my kindle in anticipation of the series. I'm about 87% through the book and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm a huge Brian K. Vaughn fan and I'm interested to see how he adapts it.

dex14 02-14-13 02:11 PM

Things are getting crowded Under the Dome.

Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris is the latest actor to join the cast of CBS’ anticipated summer series, TVLine has learned.
Norris will play Big Jim, the successful owner of Chester’s Mill’s used car dealership and also a town councilman, an office he takes very seriously.

The 13-episode drama, an adaptation of Stephen King’s 2009 novel, takes place in the New England community of Chester’s Mill, which inexplicably finds itself trapped beneath a massive, transparent barrier. Chaos soon breaks out.

Norris joins an ever-growing cast that includes Pan Am‘s Mike Vogel, True Blood‘s Aisha Hinds, Life Unexpected‘s Britt Robertson, CSI: NY‘s Natalie Martinez, Supernatural‘s Colin Ford, Jolene Purdy (Gigantic) and Nicholas Strong (Nashville).

Michael Corvin 02-14-13 02:33 PM

:up: to Norris.

DJariya 02-14-13 02:41 PM

Wonder when in the summer this is airing. That would be funny if this aired during the same Breaking Bad's last 8 episodes are airing with Norris on both shows.

TheBigDave 02-14-13 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11579003)
Wonder when in the summer this is airing. That would be funny if this aired during the same Breaking Bad's last 8 episodes are airing with Norris on both shows.

Monday, June 24th at 10pm on CBS. It runs for 13 weeks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ettable-411729

dex14 02-14-13 02:53 PM

So there will be an overlap.

Dash 02-14-13 03:45 PM

has anyone checked out the website that was posted during the super bowl add?

wishbone 02-14-13 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Astrofan (Post 11489323)
When I was 16 I saw Arch Obler's terrible 3D movie--The Bubble. About a town sealed off in--a dome-like bubble.

I have wondered about this movie since I saw it on TV during an early '80s Saturday matinee. :lol:

This is the movie that has
Spoiler:
a chair that the guy rips the back apart and exposes veins or blood vessels within the chair?
That and the guy digging at the dome are the only parts I remember.

Deftones 02-18-13 08:25 PM

"Breaking Bad" actor Dean Norris has scored a lead role in CBS' sci-fi drama "Under the Dome" based on the Stephen King novel.

Norris will play Big Jim, the successful owner of Chester's Mill's used car dealership and a town councilman who takes his position seriously.

Michael Corvin 02-18-13 08:42 PM

Post #43 meet Post #36.

:)

movieking 02-19-13 01:17 PM

Not sure I buy Dean Norris as Big Jim. Can't remember how he was described physically in the book, but I was thinking about an older guy, someone maybe like a Sam Elliot type of guy.

Rob V 02-19-13 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by movieking (Post 11584362)
Not sure I buy Dean Norris as Big Jim. Can't remember how he was described physically in the book, but I was thinking about an older guy, someone maybe like a Sam Elliot type of guy.

I couldn't help but picture a Boss Hog type character.

tellybox 02-20-13 10:14 AM

I pictured J.T. Walsh as Big Jim while I was reading the book

dex14 02-20-13 10:28 AM

Rachelle Lefevre (A Gifted Man, Off the Map) is making her way Under the Dome, CBS’ anticipated summer series based on Stephen King’s 2009 novel.
The 13-episode drama takes place in the New England community of Chester’s Mill, which inexplicably finds itself trapped beneath a massive, transparent barrier. Chaos soon breaks out.

Lefevre plays an investigative reporter living in the leafy town.

The actress joins an ever-growing cast that includes Breaking Bad’s Dean Norris, Pan Am‘s Mike Vogel, True Blood‘s Aisha Hinds, Life Unexpected‘s Britt Robertson, CSI: NY‘s Natalie Martinez, Supernatural‘s Colin Ford, Jolene Purdy (Gigantic) and Nicholas Strong (Nashville).

Neal Baer will serve as an exec producer alongside Steven Spielberg and Lost‘s Jack Bender.
Nice... I've had a thing for her ever since What About Brian

dex14 04-01-13 09:37 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Irc2IcgkPKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Didn't know Niels Arden Oplev was directing. :thumbsup:

lamphorn 04-01-13 01:04 PM

Love the premise of the story, and got through about 300 of it's 1200 pages before I sort of lost track of the book (god, who can read that much if you're not a teenager? I used to read books this big from ages 12-18 but as an adult I just don't have time for it), but I will check this out. I don't have high hopes for this because it seems like network TV is incapable of producing anything of quality. If this were an HBO or Showtime miniseries, I'd be very stoked. Network TV is just so full of awful acting, too-pretty actors with perfect hair and painted-on 5 o'clock shadows), and hacky directing and writing.