So you're telling me there's a chance?
Want
Old 11-09-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Netflix/AMC renews The Killing for a 3rd season

Originally Posted by dex14
Just an idea of their possible upcoming programs:

Untitled Diamond Trade Drama - A drama set in the world of diamond trading executive produced by Ridley Scott and Tony Scott. No premiere date or official title announced yet.
I guess this is old info.
Old 11-09-12, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I'd rather AMC give Rubicon another shot than this pile of shit show. Rubicon was actually a fairly interesting show looking back on it and it's too bad they didn't give it a second season.

The Killing has an interesting concept and the first few episodes or so it was okay but the story was just drug out too damn long that by the time season one was over I didn't really care anymore. Let alone the fact that the same damn investigation continued all through season two.

I suppose AMC is scrambling for new shows now that one of their big shows (Breaking Bad) is ending next year and their other big hit (Mad Men) only has two left in it. They probably want to try and keep what they have going until they can find replacements.
Old 11-09-12, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
AMC hasn't stood for "American Movies Classics" since 2002.
No? Really?

And enough with networks changing their names but keeping their acronyms. Dumb.
Old 11-10-12, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boring show. Not worth bringing back.
Old 11-10-12, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I'd rather AMC give Rubicon another shot than this pile of shit show. Rubicon was actually a fairly interesting show looking back on it and it's too bad they didn't give it a second season.
Yeah Rubicon had potential. If they focused less on the conspiracy gobbledygook and more on the intelligence work it would have been a much more coherent show.
Old 11-30-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118062923

It's official. The Killing is even closer to being back from the dead. The writers are back to work. They expect season 3 to launch in May 2013.

Edit: The studio and network have yet to officially confirm the news though.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-30-12 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-30-12, 04:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The writers are back to work.
Old 12-03-12, 08:38 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Forbrydelsen S3 has started airing in the UK
Old 11-16-13, 11:54 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
The Killing ...returns, but only on NetFlix.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...v-amc/3609183/

The Killing is getting a new life — again.

Netflix is bringing back the canceled police drama for a fourth and final season of six episodes that will be available to its 40 million members worldwide.

The Killing, a serialized murder mystery that ran on AMC, was canceled after its second season but was later brought back for a third season. It was canceled again after its most recent run.

Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman play Seattle homicide detectives Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder, respectively, in the series, which is based on the Danish drama, Forbrydelsen. The pair investigated the Rosie Larsen murder in the first two seasons and tracked a serial killer in Season 3.

The first three seasons are available on Netflix. The streaming service did not announce when new episodes would be available for viewing.

"The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send-off," Netflix vice president Cindy Holland said in a statement.

"It's a true testament to The Killing creator Veena Sud and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman that fans remained so passionate about the show," said David Madden, president of Fox Television Studios, which produces the show.
Old 11-16-13, 12:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Killing ...returns, but only on NetFlix.

too bad Netflix didn't revive 'Southland' that could have had a final season better than the humdinger series finale.
Old 11-16-13, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Smart of them to call this the final season. If it's a turd they don't get the bad press associated with canceling it yet again. If it works, easy enough to announce a fifth and "final" season.
Old 11-16-13, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think a 6 episode season has a chance to work much better and will force a much tighter storyline.

One of my biggest problems with the show was the excess filler/mood setting/grief scenes and it also may cut down on the red herring of the week stuff. If they could have tightened up the previous seasons (especially 1 and 2) I think it might have still been on cable.
Old 11-16-13, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by wirefan
I think a 6 episode season has a chance to work much better and will force a much tighter storyline.

One of my biggest problems with the show was the excess filler/mood setting/grief scenes and it also may cut down on the red herring of the week stuff. If they could have tightened up the previous seasons (especially 1 and 2) I think it might have still been on cable.
This is why I stopped watching Person of Interest. A wonderful premise preformed wonderfully but way too much filler.
Old 11-16-13, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk God

I have to give Veena Sud some credit. Despite all the shit she got for the season 1-2 storyline, she's a damn good salesman. I mean she's pitched the show out of cancellation twice. She could have easily said screw it, I'm going to look for another job on another show or sign a new development deal. But, she must be really passionate about this show.
Old 11-16-13, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly I don't get why there's so much interest in this show that it keeps getting revived. Not trying to thread crap but it was never that great of a series where it's really worthy of having not only a second but now a third chance. The show was always just a so-so at best crime procedural in my opinion. Nothing really special.
Old 11-16-13, 10:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Honestly I don't get why there's so much interest in this show that it keeps getting revived. Not trying to thread crap but it was never that great of a series where it's really worthy of having not only a second but now a third chance. The show was always just a so-so at best crime procedural in my opinion. Nothing really special.
I agree ... and I still don't understand what Peter Sarsgaard's character in the last season was all about.
Old 11-19-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The show was always just a so-so at best crime procedural in my opinion. Nothing really special.
I thought last season elevated it to something special...but then it ended with so little resolution, that I'm glad Netflix is doing this, to send it off on a high note. It was so-so at best for the first 2 season yes, but most of season 3 was pretty fantastic.
Old 11-19-13, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

I have to give Veena Sud some credit. Despite all the shit she got for the season 1-2 storyline, she's a damn good salesman. I mean she's pitched the show out of cancellation twice. She could have easily said screw it, I'm going to look for another job on another show or sign a new development deal. But, she must be really passionate about this show.
My only concern is that Veena will give us another cliffhanger. She knew damn well AMC was going to cancel the show, and she still chose not to wrap things up in the finale. I'd like to see these characters with someone else running the show, but I guess I'll take what we can get.
Old 11-19-13, 08:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

First two seasons were poop, but the third season was great. Without that third season, I don't think you'd see any interest in the Netflix revival.
Old 11-19-13, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm also with the "third season was great" crowd. The first had a mix of great/good-enough episodes, with a turd of a finale. The second was two episodes stretched into an entire season (with a decent finale). The third gave us good characters that we actually now care about (with probably the best drama within a prison any show has ever had... like it belonged in a side story from "The Wire"), but gave us a cliff-hanger finale.
Old 11-19-13, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
My only concern is that Veena will give us another cliffhanger. She knew damn well AMC was going to cancel the show, and she still chose not to wrap things up in the finale. I'd like to see these characters with someone else running the show, but I guess I'll take what we can get.
The difference being that now she is being told this is the "Final" season. And they haven't started work on season 4 yet.

Also, the episodes are produced months in advance compared to their air date. There was no way for her writing staff to know that AMC was going to cancel the show. They would have to have been told months in advance that they had absolutely no intention of giving it a 4th season.
Old 11-21-13, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The difference being that now she is being told this is the "Final" season. And they haven't started work on season 4 yet.

Also, the episodes are produced months in advance compared to their air date. There was no way for her writing staff to know that AMC was going to cancel the show. They would have to have been told months in advance that they had absolutely no intention of giving it a 4th season.
Truthfully though, after being brought back from a cancellation and a lot of people being on shaky grounds about giving it another chance it probably wasn't the smartest idea for the show to end on a cliffhanger. I know that a lot of serialized drama shows do them but in a case like this I think it would have been safer to have had an ending with closure just in case it wasn't brought back again and if they had been brought back they could have just went from there (I realize it's a moot point now but still).
Old 01-16-14, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/joan...edium=facebook

Joan Allen has joined the cast for the final season

dex14 -- Can you rename this thread? Something like The Killing (Netflix) -- Final season news
Old 01-16-14, 04:40 PM

I have to agree that the 3rd season for me was good. I don't think I even finished the second season but looking forward to this one. I think the longer season worked when they were searching for a serial killer and this shorter season hopefully will work with a single killing. Stretching one crime over a full season was hard to watch, especially all the red herrings each episode.