TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Malibu Country -- Fridays (ABC) -- Reba McEntire returns to TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-12, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Malibu Country -- Fridays (ABC) -- Reba McEntire returns to TV

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In the premiere episode, "Pilot," Reba McKenzie very publicly discovers that her country music legend husband, Bobby Gallagher, has been cheating on her. Determined to get a fresh start and perhaps revive her own country music career, Reba packs up her sharp-tongued mother and two kids and drives cross country to live in Bobby's Malibu beach-front party pad. Once there, gregarious and over-sharing neighbor Kim immediately reaches out with an offer to mentor Reba as she adjusts to Southern California. With a new home and a much more liberal west coast set of rules, Reba, her kids and mom welcome the change, but soon realize that the open-mindedness of Southern California goes much farther than they'd expected. When Reba finds that trying to get her foot back in the music business is going to be an uphill battle, she befriends Geoffrey, the assistant to her record label's president -- who never seems to be in the office. Though overwhelmed and feeling out of place, Reba realizes that, all in all, family is what matters most, and they must learn to view their new Malibu lifestyle as a chance for a new beginning.

Read more: Listings - MALIBU COUNTRY on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2BIaSFuY9

Did anyone here watch this Friday night? I actually thought it was pretty hilarious. It's definitely a traditional 90's style sitcom like TGIF. It's multi-cam with a studio audience (unless you all can't stand that format) It was the same format as Reba's old sitcom. Reba was really good and funny as the Mom. I thought the opening press conference where she mocked her husband for cheating on her was kind of a parody on what The Good Wife did. Lily Tomlin was hilarious as the wise cracking grandma. at the grandma picking up the marijuana lolipops. Interesting note that Dave Stewart, the former member of Eurythmics, is a Producer on this show.
Old 11-04-12, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Malibu Country -- Fridays (ABC) -- Reba McEntire returns to TV

I forgot to DVR it but will this week, I like Reba.
Old 11-05-12, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really enjoyed her last show, and still watch it from time to time in syndication. She's no actress, but it's fine for a broad sitcom and she has a very likeable way about her.
Old 11-05-12, 08:32 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I have all 6 season of Reba on DVD and find myself going back them often as time killers. Love Reba!
Old 11-05-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I didn't recognize Sara Rue.
Old 11-05-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I didn't know who Sara Rue is.

Like that they have another nice looking red head daughter.