Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Talking Dead Thread (11pm ET on AMC) -- Possible Spoilers for The Walking Dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,032 Likes on 634 Posts
Re: Talking Dead Thread (11pm ET on AMC) -- Possible Spoilers for The Walking Dead

Originally Posted by DJariya
The host seems kind of douchey and that's the only turnoff for me.
Chris Hardwick can be very annoying at times, but he is a true geek/nerd/fanboy and I appreciate his enthusiasm.
Old 10-14-12, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Talking Dead Thread (11pm ET on AMC) -- Possible Spoilers for The Walking Dead

Originally Posted by DJariya
I have both BD's and nope they aren't there.
That's a bummer. I'd be tempted to pick up the season sets if they included the Talking Dead. They also have extra Talking Dead stuff on their website where they keep talking after the broadcast portion ends.
Old 10-14-12, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 209 Posts

I guess it can get dated after the season is over, but it has good pieces of info in it, and it shouldn't take extra effort to include.
Old 10-14-12, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"HOLY SHIT!!" lol
Old 10-15-12, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That Holy Shit opening made me really laugh out loud.
Old 10-15-12, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 824 Likes on 696 Posts

Anyone else notice the lack of actual content on this show? Cut out all the non-necessary material like the Subway fun facts and zombie death scenes, and it boils down to about 7 minutes of serious discussion about the Walking Dead.
Old 10-15-12, 12:49 AM

Yea, I mean it's definitely just thrown together to capitalize on the hype of the show. I still enjoy it though.
Old 10-15-12, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 274 Likes on 203 Posts

That viewer poll thing they do is really waste of time. It annoyed me tonight how much time was spent on it. Do we really need to know what the audience would do in a situation that has no basis in reality?

I was hoping to see the bottom half of Hershal's leg on the "In Memoriam" segment.
Old 10-15-12, 12:55 AM

And the most popular answer to the poll was obviously influenced by the episode.
Old 10-15-12, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^Yeah, that's usually how those polls work out. The most popular choice will be the one that has actually happened in the show or comic book. Total waste of time. But television nowadays has to be interactive! Gotta keep the attention of the kids, with their tweets, and likes, and hashtags.
Old 10-15-12, 02:47 AM

I hate, hate, hate the #hashtag crap that's showing up on shows now. Once at the beginning of the show is okay, but then there are shows like Glee that have them on screen anytime anything they show thinks important happens.
Old 10-15-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bdshort
I hate, hate, hate the #hashtag crap that's showing up on shows now. Once at the beginning of the show is okay, but then there are shows like Glee that have them on screen anytime anything they show thinks important happens.
The funniest hashtag I ever saw happened a few weeks ago on BBCA's Copper. During a sex scene, the hashtag "SEXHAIR" flashed on the screen.
Old 10-15-12, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The "In Memoriam" segments are sort of funny.
Old 10-15-12, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Anyone else notice the lack of actual content on this show? Cut out all the non-necessary material like the Subway fun facts and zombie death scenes, and it boils down to about 7 minutes of serious discussion about the Walking Dead.
And of that seven minutes four are devoted to questions the producers/writers can't really answer without spoiling future episodes. But I enjoy it just the same as long as I can DVR it. My kids who also watch the show are off at college so I end up watching the show myself, and Talking Dead's post show enthusiasm makes me feel a little less pathetic.
Old 10-16-12, 10:49 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently Glen is unaware of Left 4 Dead 2? The riot gear zombies seemed pulled directly out of that game, but he seemed to think it was an entirely new concept.
Old 10-16-12, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DRG
Apparently Glen is unaware of Left 4 Dead 2? The riot gear zombies seemed pulled directly out of that game, but he seemed to think it was an entirely new concept.
I didn't believe that at all, he had clearly seen zombies in riot gear from a videogame before writing this episode. But Hollywood writers are very touchy about where their ideas come from, because it's drilled into their heads never to admit you ripped an idea off from somewhere else, for fear of a possible lawsuit.
Old 10-18-12, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
The "In Memoriam" segments are sort of funny.
I remember last season they had a couple of episodes where they only had one zombie to pay respect to. This week, they had too many to include all of them.
Old 11-05-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 274 Likes on 203 Posts

Wow, Hardwick is getting worse with his pronunciation of people's names: Sarah Wayne "Kuh-lease". Ugh. She says it the way I always assumed it sounded: http://youtu.be/hV9yI0YHDAg

No one corrected him this time, unlike last time when he said Michonne in some weird way.
Old 11-05-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 739 Likes on 541 Posts

I think it's the way he talks. And it's so much verbal garbage so quickly that he can't even talk straight.

Was nice to see and hear about the cast staying to watch the final scene of a departing member. IronE was getting a bit emotional and that was super cool they gave him the signed riot shield.
Old 11-05-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I tried watching this a few times but Hardwick makes it really hard. He's nothing but a fan boy up there hosting a show he's all geeked out over. It's like watching a small Comic-Con panel with that kid that asks or says stupid shit and you want someone to take away his mic.
Old 11-05-12, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Couldn't agree more.

It's amazing that this and Comic Book Men are still on the air.
Old 11-05-12, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder how Sarah Wayne Callies feels about all this. I imagine she knows many viewers disliked her character and are happy to see Lori die, but she may have enjoyed working on the show and is sorry to be leaving. Yet she won't get the kind of fan-love that T-Dog got on Talking Dead. Kinda sucks for her.
Old 11-05-12, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Sarah Wayne Callies (a.k.a. Lori) talks about the latest 'Walking Dead' shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
I think it was also talked about in the video I posted on previous page.
I also think this is probably the only place she gets so much hatred from.
The AMC boards have a few but you guys are brutal