Dallas -- "Truth and Consequences" -- 7/04/12

Old 07-04-12, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dallas -- "Truth and Consequences" -- 7/04/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-06-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Drama peaks between newlyweds Christopher and Rebecca as the deed to Southfork is revealed, shattering familial ties and bonds. Meanwhile, Ann counters J.R.'s machinations with help from a mystery person from her past; and Christopher concludes that he must take the gloves off and fight hard.

Episode 5 of 10

Sorry this thread is a litle late for those in the East. Yes, even though it's a holiday there was a new episode tonight. I fully expect the ratings to take a hit tonight.

Can't believe the season is halfway over.

In case you missed the news last week, Dallas was renewed for a 15 episode 2nd season.
Old 07-04-12, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Dallas -- "Truth and Consequences" -- 7/04/12

Loved this episode! Watched it twice already. The first act was great.

My favorite part was when Ann told J.R. she couldn't have imagined in her wildest imagination that he would steal Southfork from Bobby, and he responded: "Well, Annie, you're just gonna have to work on your imagination."

This is just speculation...

I'm wondering if Rebecca might announce she's pregnant. Considering how mad Christopher is at her right now, a baby might be the only reason he'd take her back.

So glad this show's been renewed. And we get more episodes next year!
Old 07-05-12, 10:50 AM

What a cliffhanger! Will John Ross put his relationship with Elaina over that of JR and the deed to Southfork?

Annie going to her ex-husband to have him pull the Ryland trucks, what does JR, or rather John Ross, do next to move their oil? Buy Ryland? Blackmail Ryland? Find a smaller company? I can see JR doing either of the 1st 2 but will John Ross?

Isn't this why we tune in?
Old 07-05-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Second episode this season with no Linda Gray. Can't the writers find something interesting for her?

So is Larry Hagman missing the next few episodes? That's the impression I got. There's only four more left, correct? I'm guessing a episode without him in it is going to be really DULL. He may be the oldest cast member, but there's little doubt he's the STAR of this show. I only pray he can stay healthy enough to continue...I'm not sure the show could survive without him.
Old 07-05-12, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Second episode this season with no Linda Gray. Can't the writers find something interesting for her?

So is Larry Hagman missing the next few episodes? That's the impression I got. There's only four more left, correct? I'm guessing a episode without him in it is going to be really DULL. He may be the oldest cast member, but there's little doubt he's the STAR of this show. I only pray he can stay healthy enough to continue...I'm not sure the show could survive without him.
There should be 5 episodes left. Have they said on the show what Sue Ellen does for a living nowadays?
Old 07-06-12, 08:59 AM

She's a fund raiser for campaigns and is considering a run for Governor herself and appears to some backing.
Old 07-06-12, 11:48 AM

I suspect they used Hagman and Duffy to just stir up shit with the next generation. It's not hard to see that the writers have already given Bobby a reason to die (again.) With how they wrote the story with JR, Hagman could die tomorrow and they could continue with the character for years.

I know that everyone loves the original characters but this has been portrayed from the beginning as a series about the new generation rather than Season 15 of the original. The writers have done a masterful job of creating a ton of new storylines just by having Hagman and Duffy appear in 5 episodes.
Old 07-06-12, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

"You're just going to have to work on your imagination"

assistant director skinner. hope he'll be recurring
and jerry jones whoring himself out was actually kind of cool as it showed that even after all these years JR Ewing is still a recognized name in the fictional universe

Last edited by mikehunt; 07-07-12 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-07-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
"You're just going to have to work on your imagination"

assistant director skinner. hope he'll be recurring
and jerry jones whoring himself out was actually kind of cool as it showed that even after all these years JR Ewing is still a recognized name in the fictional universe
Jerry appeared in one of the TV movies too.
Old 07-07-12, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't know if any of you know, but when season 1 was being filmed Hagman was being treated for throat cancer. I'm guessing that he and the writers worked out a good end point for him to cut down his work load so he could get treatment. I did notice he appeared in one of the scenes for next week's episode.

He did say in a recent interview that he's in remission.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Lots of little twists and turns. Loved the cameo from Jerry Jones and JR's appearance at a Cowboys game. I did think they handled the resolution to the e-mail storyline pretty clumsily.

So far this season Bobby has been a pretty integral part of the story arc. I can't see them dropping him anytime soon. The character IMO is the moral center of the show.
Old 07-07-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

So far this season Bobby has been a pretty integral part of the story arc. I can't see them dropping him anytime soon. The character IMO is the moral center of the show.
Agreed. In that sense, I think he's doing what Miss Ellie used to do (or at least try to): keep J.R. in line. Without Bobby, J.R. would run over everyone else and always win. This is why I think Southfork will soon be back in Bobby's hands. If J.R. owns it, it's too easy for him to kick off anybody who opposes him.
Old 07-08-12, 10:25 PM

"Hello, you have reached JR Ewing's cell phone. After the beep, tell me what you know."

Dallas has been a blast so far!