TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Netflix considering ordering 3rd season of Jericho

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts
Re: Netflix considering ordering 3rd season of Jericho

Originally Posted by RichC2
I'm the guy that loved Terriers and didn't care for Firefly, I'm odd man out as they call it.
Same for me.
Old 05-01-12, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 277 Likes on 206 Posts

Can they just pick up "Awake" when it gets cancelled by NBC? It would be easier to keep a show like that going than try to get everyone back together and resume the storyline for a show like Jericho. Yeah, I know they talked about doing it for Terra Nova and The River so chances are slim. Why do they wanna go back to Jericho then?
Old 05-01-12, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 762 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
FlashForward and Veronica Mars are great ideas. Firefly can't come back since most of the cast can't do it. Journeyman and Day Break would be good possibilities. What about The Tick or Greg the Bunny?
I like the Veronica Mars idea as well.

Most of the cast from Firefly wouldn't be able to do it? Would that really be true? I immediately thought of Nathan Fillion because of Castle, but I couldn't think of anything any of the other main cast members are doing right now. If Joss Whedon got a green light to bring back Firefly, I think Fillion would totally be on board and they would work around his schedule. Of course, this is all moot because there's no way Firefly is getting brought back.
Old 05-01-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Why do they wanna go back to Jericho then?
The reason was stated in the article and is probably why none of the other shows mentioned in this thread are considered for revival:
Repeats of Jericho remain popular on Netflix's on-demand service, even four years after the show's cancellation.
Old 05-01-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,632 Posts

I would think Firefly would be too expensive. Jericho is sci-fi but not all that futuristic. I could see stuff like Flashforward and the Event. Veronica Mars would be great, but it was kinda trending downhill at the end there, too.
Old 05-01-12, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by clckworang
I like the Veronica Mars idea as well.

Most of the cast from Firefly wouldn't be able to do it? Would that really be true? I immediately thought of Nathan Fillion because of Castle, but I couldn't think of anything any of the other main cast members are doing right now. If Joss Whedon got a green light to bring back Firefly, I think Fillion would totally be on board and they would work around his schedule. Of course, this is all moot because there's no way Firefly is getting brought back.
That is the answer Joss gives when asked. I think he is also talking about the writing & production crew. The other answer he gives is the set-pieces were all destroyed and that is a HUGE factor in sci-fi shows starting up. It is basically why we also wont see a Babylon 5 or Farscape again.
Old 05-01-12, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Now and Again!
Old 05-01-12, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windom
Can they just pick up "Awake" when it gets cancelled by NBC? It would be easier to keep a show like that going than try to get everyone back together and resume the storyline for a show like Jericho. Yeah, I know they talked about doing it for Terra Nova and The River so chances are slim. Why do they wanna go back to Jericho then?
This.

Also, I know, I know, but I love the show, can they talk with WB about Fringe? Please!
Old 05-01-12, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

Weird show to bring back, but I'd watch it again. It was moderately interesting. I do agree, though, bringing back a more recently canceled or soon to be canceled show would make more sense.
Old 05-01-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts

If repeats are popular on netflix, it's probably the same 10 nerds watching it over and over.
Old 05-01-12, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
If repeats are popular on netflix, it's probably the same 10 nerds watching it over and over.
If they do do this, you know there are going to be people desperately trying to get Netflix view numbers up for other shows in the hopes of possible resurrections.
Old 05-01-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Just took a quick glance at some of the key cast members on IMDB.com

Most of them seem to be available. Skeet Ulrich has nothing lined up after Law and Order LA was canned last year.

The only actors who are questionable are:

Lennie James (Hawkins): He has a Pilot on ABC in consideration for the Fall.

Brad Beyer (Stanley): He's on GCB as a regular

Alicia Coppola (Mimi): She's on the new USA show Common Law.

Getting all the key actors back is 1 thing, but all the sets will have to be re-built, and they have to get back all the writers and producers of the series. Honestly, I don't think the odds are in their favor.

Like I said earlier, if this does get officially greenlit, they need to get back Lennie James.
Old 05-02-12, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would re-new my lapsed susbscritpion for this....
Old 05-02-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Navinabob
That is the answer Joss gives when asked. I think he is also talking about the writing & production crew. The other answer he gives is the set-pieces were all destroyed and that is a HUGE factor in sci-fi shows starting up. It is basically why we also wont see a Babylon 5 or Farscape again.
Yeah, I can see the writers and crew being a *much* bigger problem than the cast. And I realize that about the sets. The show is way too expensive to bring back. I just didn't think the cast would have been an issue. Most of those actors would probably be pretty easy to secure!
Old 05-02-12, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I don't know if you are being serious or note, but I'd assume they have some way to account for this.

If there's interest, why not? I'm excited about Arrested Development but I don't think the show will feel the "same," even with the same people involved. But I'm willing to be surprised!
Old 05-02-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Trying desperately not to get my hopes up for this...Jericho = one of my favorite shows ever.

Originally Posted by clckworang
This is rather surprising news. I wouldn't have pegged Jericho fans as being as passionate as Arrested Development fans.
Um...were you not alive for the "NUTS" movement? Jericho fans are extremely passionate and dedicated, even now.

Originally Posted by DJariya
IIRC. A 3rd season of Jericho was supposed to about a 2nd Civil War.
You are correct.
Old 05-02-12, 12:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm up for a 6th season of Friday Night Lights if all of the main characters from the first 3 seasons move back to Dillon Texas.
Old 05-02-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
Um...were you not alive for the "NUTS" movement? Jericho fans are extremely passionate and dedicated, even now.
Yes, I'm very aware of the campaign that was done. So, because people sent nuts to CBS that means Jericho fans are as passionate as AD ones? The AD fans I know still talk about that show and quote it. I have never heard anyone quote or reference a Jericho episode to me, either while the show was on or after it was canceled. Hell, I don't even know anyone in real life who actually stuck with the show other than me. Plus, while I've seen many people clamor online for additional seasons of AD since its cancellation, I haven't read of too many Jericho fans saying the same thing. I can't even think of Jericho coming up in any of those "shows canceled too soon" types of threads that come up here from time to time.

Would you say Roswell fans are every bit as passionate as AD and Jericho fans? They sent bottles of Tabasco. Those are breakable, unlike nuts. Maybe their passion is even greater because they had the nerve to send something breakable in the mail. Maybe we should be expecting another season of that show some time soon, too.

I realize there were people who watched Jericho and really liked it. I was one of them, but it's clear from this thread that I wasn't the only one who saw the thread title and thought, "Huh?!" To me, that indicates those fans aren't *that* vocal about their support for this show.
Old 05-02-12, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, to follow your point, I've never known a single person "in real life" that ever watched Arrested Development, and I don't even really know anything about it, other than that a bunch of people want it back - same as Jericho.

"Sending nuts" wasn't the only thing the NUTS movement was about. The movement even had the producers and the showrunner, Carol Barbee, involved - members of the cast and crew did interviews on podcasts and everything trying to save the show. It was an effort from the top down.

You thought "Huh?!", and you have that right. I had that exact same reaction about Arrested Development. It just means we both aren't aware of the fanbase behind each others' respective shows, or why they feel the shows should be brought back.
Old 05-02-12, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 336 Likes on 251 Posts

I don't think there's any arguing the that fan base for Arrested Development is significantly larger than the one for Jericho. Now if you were comparing Arrested with Firefly, then I think it would be more of a toss-up.
Old 05-02-12, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
Well, to follow your point, I've never known a single person "in real life" that ever watched Arrested Development, and I don't even really know anything about it, other than that a bunch of people want it back - same as Jericho.

"Sending nuts" wasn't the only thing the NUTS movement was about. The movement even had the producers and the showrunner, Carol Barbee, involved - members of the cast and crew did interviews on podcasts and everything trying to save the show. It was an effort from the top down.

You thought "Huh?!", and you have that right. I had that exact same reaction about Arrested Development. It just means we both aren't aware of the fanbase behind each others' respective shows, or why they feel the shows should be brought back.
Um ... were you not alive during the Arrested Development show? AD fans are extremely passionate and dedicated, even now.
Old 05-02-12, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's my point...so are the Jericho fans. But you weren't aware of that, and I wasn't aware of AD. I'd never even heard of AD until a year or two ago.
Old 05-02-12, 03:25 PM

I'm hopeful for this. I think the "post catastrophe" thing is popular right now and the talk of a civil war, which is where it was going, really is something I think people are interested in.
Old 05-02-12, 03:31 PM

Netflix is such a cock tease. Last month they said that they were considering bringing back Terra Nova.

I wonder what kind of numbers they need to actually pull the trigger on one of these projects?
Old 05-02-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Bring back Lost!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.