Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: One World -- "Thanks for the Souvenir" -- 3/21/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-12, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: One World -- "Thanks for the Souvenir" -- 3/21/12

I have never been more intrigued by how a game will play out at the merge. It's completely wide open and seems like it will be unpredictable. So far everyone left has gotten a reasonable amount of face time except the 1 young guy. So besides him and Alicia I think everyone seems like a plausable winner.

Whatever happens I just hope Kat and Tarzan stay in the game a long time they are both such awesome comic relief.
Old 03-21-12, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
He's gone!!!
Get rid of the C-word!

Spoiler:

Old 03-21-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
I seem to remember something like that happening as well. I just looked on Youtube, but couldn't find anything.
The grave digger (James?) had his knee examined and came back with a brace during one of the allstar seasons. It only seemed like he was gone for a few hours though
Old 03-21-12, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As bad as Colten looked I think we may be falling for creative editing. How is it that not one person in the game did not talk shit about him? Everyone (even the Asian chick) seemed to actually like him.
Old 03-21-12, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
As bad as Colten looked I think we may be falling for creative editing. How is it that not one person in the game did not talk shit about him? Everyone (even the Asian chick) seemed to actually like him.
But even one of his closest allies (and self-proclaimed "bitch"), Jonas, made that comment about Colton's injury and karma.

Originally Posted by wirefan
The grave digger (James?) had his knee examined and came back with a brace during one of the allstar seasons. It only seemed like he was gone for a few hours though
I think I remember that. Didn't he end up beating someone in a race on the beach after he returned?
Old 03-21-12, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

How is it that not one person in the game did not talk shit about him? Everyone (even the Asian chick) seemed to actually like him.
Christina (the Asian chick) called him a jerk and Sabrina called him a virus. I think the reason more shit talking wasn't happening was because the rest of the players fell into one of these categories: 1) they're just as vile as he is (Alicia), 2) they're idiots (Tarzan, Kat), 3) they're cowards/pussies (Jonas, Leif), or 4) they're taking the high road (Bill, Monica)

While editing can do a lot, Colton was just doing way too much shit to people's faces for me to think his villainy was manufactured in the editing room. Though I think many players wanted to like him at first. Colton was one of the youngest players and he seemed to be a fish out of water in the game. It wasn't until they spent more time in the game that they realized what he really was about.
Old 03-21-12, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wondered this too. But then figured the rest of his tribe were such non-confrontation/low-self esteem-types that they just didn't have the balls to say "fuck you" to him. (See: Christina's head rubs and Leif's embarrassing attempts to reason with Tarzan.)

Which is why it's so f'ing amazing that the tribes ended up being formed the way they did. The only way Colton would ever experience any power at all in the game was to be paired with the show's other misfits...and he was.

So glad he's gone.
Old 03-22-12, 01:12 AM

Ahh sweet karma plants its foot right up Colton's ass. Next up: Alicia.
Old 03-22-12, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Damn, I wanted Colton out but not like this. He deserved to be outmaneuvered by someone he had totally dismissed and belittled, then when he would try to play the idol, he'd activate some odd rule that would also take out Alicia in a double elimination. This way, I almost felt... bad for him.

OK, that's enough of that--he's gone! But I will use no banana for his being in pain.

Last week's preview showed someone in distress, then the clip of Christina saying she didn't know how bad it was implied that it was someone in the misfit tribe. Oddly, that turned out to be true. The frustrating thing was that Alicia has been seemingly targeted for elimination twice, then for whatever reason her tribe hasn't voted that week. I just can't stand how she and Colton go out of their way to be nasty to people, but maybe she'll tone it down now that she's not in control.

Didn't expect that early of a merge, but maybe the producers realized every challenge was going to be a blowout the way the tribes were stacked. Would have been fine with me, though.
Old 03-22-12, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by joliom
Ahh sweet karma plants its foot right up Colton's ass. Next up: Alicia.
Yeah, right up his ass, past his colon and on up to his appendix.

All I can say is they better not bring this guy back as a villain in a future show. He's just a hateful person that doesn't need any more screen time.

Alicia is disgusting too. Her family should shun her.
Old 03-22-12, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More racism.

Old 03-22-12, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

^^^ What a racist piece of shit. Same goes for that trash bitch Alicia.

Good riddance to that asshole. Hopefully Alicia isn't too far behind.

Honestly, I was really annoyed how badly the Manono tribe has been treating Christina. Unless Christina can make some alliances with some of the Salani members, she's pretty much dead in the water. She seems like a nice person, but has played a very poor social game.

A Salani member is without a doubt going to win this.

How is Tarzan a plastic surgeon/doctor? He seems borderline senile.
Old 03-22-12, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya

Maybe its all an act.
Old 03-22-12, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Sweet, I skipped the last few eps waiting for Colton to get out. Now that he is, I'll jump back into this season.
Old 03-22-12, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.
More racism.

Spoiler:
And that would have been in this episode had it made the cut. What do I win?

Originally Posted by dino88
We need a poll for which group of people we think Colton will offend in each episode. I'm going with the Asians tonight.
Old 03-22-12, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

When Christina found Colton writhing in agony on the ground she should have kicked him in the stomach as hard as she could and then shit in his mouth while he was screaming.
Old 03-22-12, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
When Christina found Colton writhing in agony on the ground she should have kicked him in the stomach as hard as she could and then shit in his mouth while he was screaming.
Old 03-22-12, 10:15 AM

After the way Colton and Alicia laid into her, calling her a cockroach and refusing to let her sleep in the shelter, I was hoping she would have blown off the reward challenge and used her turn to whale coconuts at their heads. I think a broken nose and a few missing teeth might help to improve their dispositions.
Old 03-22-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
He stay at the Holiday Inn.
Old 03-22-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Just a nitpick about the reward challenge. Everyone would throw their coconut and stand there and wait to see where it hit. Each person should have immediately ran back to the mat after their throw so the next person could get their throw in quicker. Once you've thrown, standing there doesn't affect the outcome.
Old 03-22-12, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

wasnt Colton's idol only good for a "guy"? thats how he got it since the one gal couldnt use it
Old 03-22-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
wasnt Colton's idol only good for a "guy"? thats how he got it since the one gal couldnt use it
I think it was interpreted Sabrina found the HII intended for the Manono tribe which she had to give to someone there. So, Colton could have given it to one of the members of his Manono tribe if he so chose to but he is a d-bag.

Colton's appendix should have been nominated for player of the week.
Old 03-22-12, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems Colton tried to give the HII to Alicia. This is what was posted by someone at ew.com:

I agree the editing was bad, but what happened was that Colton was removed from the game by the medical staff. At that point, he cannot give an idol once he's been pulled from the game. He took it off to give it to Alicia, then Probst said "its your decision" but got word from the producers that in fact he couldn't. That part was cut. He then explained why to him (but not us), then Colton said "oh well" and we heard "thanks for the souvenir". And to anyone who says that Colton should be allowed to pass on the idol, think of it this way -- he could pass it on BEFORE his fate was known. As all Survivors do. To allow him to pass on an idol and affect the game once HIS game is over and he answers to no one, would have been unfair.
Old 03-22-12, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Jeremy's Power Rankings for Episode Six

1. Sabrina
2. Kim
3. Jonas
4. Troyzan

Eliminated:
Everyone else
Old 03-22-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Just a nitpick about the reward challenge. Everyone would throw their coconut and stand there and wait to see where it hit. Each person should have immediately ran back to the mat after their throw so the next person could get their throw in quicker. Once you've thrown, standing there doesn't affect the outcome.
It's a good point, but I think there is value in seeing how your shot goes before you take your next one. Do I need more power, should I aim elsewhere, etc. Of course, the learning factors are somewhat diminished by using uneven coconuts, which will always react differently when they hit.

No way I was feeling sorry for Alicia when Jeff was picking on her performance. I'm sure it will be a reunion question: "How did your friends and family react to seeing you be a total bitch?". Then again, maybe she's always like this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.