Old 03-12-12, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Alcatraz -- "Clarence Montgomery" -- 3/12/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-16

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Clarence Montgomery (guest star Mahershala Ali), the only innocent man in Alcatraz, returns to present day, but is now committing crimes. Why? Find out in the all-new "Clarence Montgomery" episode of ALCATRAZ airing Monday, March 12 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (ALC-107) (TV-14 L, V)

FYI, this was the episode that was supposed to air 2 weeks ago, but got postponed because of NASCAR. The episode order doesn't matter for this as it's pretty much self contained.

Episode 10 of 13

There are 2 more airings left (the 19th and 26th) The 26th will be 2 episodes back to back
Old 03-12-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Alcatraz -- "Clarence Montgomery" -- 3/12/12

A total throwaway episode. Really no point in even watching it, especially since the episodes after this one (which we've already seen) didn't even touch on the Clockwork Orange experiment that was performed on Clarence.

I will say that his ribs looked delicious though.

Oh and what does Hurley do when Juggs takes off running after a suspect? He doesn't even attempt to keep up even for a second or two.
Old 03-13-12, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Oh and what does Hurley do when Juggs takes off running after a suspect? He doesn't even attempt to keep up even for a second or two.
after they showed that side profile shot of him near the start of the ep, I seriously doubt that he can run at all in real life so it is not going happen for tv role.. I don't care that he is a big dude and clearly he is still getting work so good for him but he will not be chasing anyone down until maybe season 2 or 3 and that's only if he makes some lifestyle changes..

That's what bugged me about the ep with the kidnapped kid a while back, he might not be able to chase someone but he could of just hip checked the guy when he walk past with his 400+ pound frame.

as for this ep.. meh.. I'm still intrigued by the larger story arc but IMO the different "case of the week" are getting more and more boring..
Old 03-13-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with all the comments, about Hurley and the episode.

Next!

OK, I really like the warden, I think the actor is doing a really great job with that character.
Old 03-16-12, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Finally saw this tonight.

Agree, total throwaway and forgettable episode.

The experiment that turned Montgomery into a killer was interesting, but since it wasn't even mentioned again in the next 2 episodes that aired last week, there seemed to be no point for it as Whoopdido said in this post.

I did get a chuckle when the cute Coroner indirectly asked Diego on a date and he looked dumbfounded. Then the camera panned to Rebecca and she said something like "Oh God"
Old 03-16-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, I waited to watch this and haven't watched the other two yet. Not seeing the other two this seemed like an important episode finding out what they're doing to inmates.