Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Judge, Jury, Executioner" -- 3/04/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 868 Likes on 609 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Judge, Jury, Executioner" -- 3/04/12

I know the typical zombie movie had that element, but I never got the super strength of a zombie being able to rip someone's stomach open - especially when that same zombie didn't even have enough strength to pull his legs out of the muck earlier. And I know that Dale is old, but this zombie couldn't have weighed more than 50 pounds - Dale has to be able to push him off or roll him over.

I don't care what characteristics they give the zombie, I just want some consistency.

T-Dog has to be the most useless character on this show. He barely does or says anything.

Carl is a little shit who can't control himself. What's with these shows with kids named "Carl" (ie. Shameless)? Do they all need a beating?
Old 03-05-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,255 Likes on 864 Posts

Gather 'round children ... yet another chapter in Abob Teff's Random Page 3 Thoughts!

Dale: I knew he was going to die when he said he couldn't live in a world like that ... I sure as hell did not figure it was going to be in the same episode though! I thought his death would end the second season.

Carl: At times I really don't like him ... I can't tell if the kid is a mediocre actor or a terrific actor portraying a budding psychopath. Everything before the swamp was *meh* ... everything after was pretty good.

Daryl: I don't know if Madcougar believes Daryl is going to die or if he simply confused the names ... however I agree with (sorry, I can't find the post now) ... as soon as Carl stole (and lost) the gun I thought "That's going to come back to haunt Daryl."

The Kid: Since we are losing at least two characters, is it possible he may join the group to fill some of the void? Could The Kid become the new "moral voice" to replace Dale?

Possibility of losing three characters: How many did we lose at the end of the first season? It was at least three ...

Zombie Cow: I was really pulling for this ... it could have been pretty entertaining!

My question ... what will Dale's death do to Rick? Will Rick swing back to trying to be the moral compass for the group?
Old 03-05-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Says the guy who basically trolled The Drive thread in Movie Talk, equating the main character to a retarded person.

Pot meet Ma' Kettle.
Yeah, that would be me.

I basically dug that movie Just some parts drove me insane. Maybe it's just the way we consume media nowadays. In my circle of friends, films like Goonies and return of the living dead (80's schlock) are held in such high regards where as every current movie and TV show are heavily scrutinized.
Old 03-05-12, 08:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I know the typical zombie movie had that element, but I never got the super strength of a zombie being able to rip someone's stomach open - especially when that same zombie didn't even have enough strength to pull his legs out of the muck earlier. And I know that Dale is old, but this zombie couldn't have weighed more than 50 pounds - Dale has to be able to push him off or roll him over.

I don't care what characteristics they give the zombie, I just want some consistency.

T-Dog has to be the most useless character on this show. He barely does or says anything.

Carl is a little shit who can't control himself. What's with these shows with kids named "Carl" (ie. Shameless)? Do they all need a beating?
my friend said when he appeared in this most recent episode: "oh!... he's still around?"
Old 03-05-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why did the Zombie stop feeding on the cow to attack Dale?! They've already established that zombies will ignore live humans if there is another food source. Plus we've seen that zombies will eat animal meat just as readily as they will eat humans. That cow should have kept him occupied for quite a while.
Old 03-05-12, 09:18 PM

I, for one, am hoping for an extra on the second season set called "T-Dog's Take", containing every single moment of him on-screen. It should run about, oh, 3-5 minutes. I'd suggest starting a drinking game where you would take a shot of MD 50/50 every time he appears on screen, but I'd think you'd have to watch a few episodes in fast-forward just to get a buzz.
Old 03-05-12, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Dale did have a point about the need to maintain humanity. Someone else needs to fill that void now.

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
The Kid: Since we are losing at least two characters, is it possible he may join the group to fill some of the void? Could The Kid become the new "moral voice" to replace Dale?
I think that torch was just passed on to Daryl. I think Dale's death is going to affect him even more than Sophia.
Old 03-05-12, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a big zombie nerd, that's to say I've put way too much thought into the subject. Here are some thoughts for your concerns.

I think that zombies tearing and biting chunks out is pretty acceptable because in their mind, there is nothing stopping them. Where if a living person tried to do it, we mentally wouldn't allow ourselves. Zombies wouldn't have that voice telling them to stop. That's also why I'm ok with running zombies, after rigor mortis, there is no pain stopping them form pushing as as much as they can.

I did think it was funny that T-Dog started voicing his opinion, and Dale was basically like "Shut up!" lol.
Old 03-05-12, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 211 Posts

I also like how Carol was like "Don't drag me into this!" when nobody even asked her to speak. It's like "Really? You could have just kept your mouth shut and the end result would be the same."
Old 03-05-12, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Reality tv has taught me when they finally give T-Dog an episode where he talks or reveals his back story is the episode they kill him off. Stay silent my friend, you deserve to outlive these morons (except Daryl).
Old 03-05-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,255 Likes on 864 Posts

T-Dog is silent because he is still regaining his strength from when he scratched his arm ... since then Carl has recovered from a gunshot and subsequent surgeries, Daryl recovered from nearly beating himself to death, and "The Kid" has recovered from impaling himself on a fencepost and having his leg almost ripped off ... T-Dog should be almost healed enough to talk next week ...
Old 03-05-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I also like how Carol was like "Don't drag me into this!" when nobody even asked her to speak.
Yeah, it felt like they cut out a scene which provoked that response. Seems they don't know what to do with Carol and T-Dog especially: those two are goners for sure.
Old 03-06-12, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not really all that difficult to rip open someone's stomach once you get through the skin, even for a skinny zombie. For a human it might be difficult, because we have a natural aversion to such things and would likely be hesitant. On the other hand, a zombie doesn't have any such mental block, they're ready to tear you open and get his lunch on.

I'm glad we didn't get a zombified cow. If this infection was able to jump species, then mankind would be extnct within a matter of weeks, maybe even days.
Old 03-06-12, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,812 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Zombies have to be able to kill you. If they're not a threat, this stuff would be boring.
Old 03-06-12, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Dale: I knew he was going to die when he said he couldn't live in a world like that ... I sure as hell did not figure it was going to be in the same episode though! I thought his death would end the second season.
Jeffrey DeMunn is actually not a regular TV actor outside of guest shots and a movie or two. I think it's possible that he told the producers at the outset that he was on for a limited time. A series can be hard work and very long hours. Even a limited one like TWD.

I think The Kid is just as dangerous as the two scumbags killed at the bar. I thought he was telling that horrible story of the father and his two daughters to Daryl in the barn to get sympathy but looking back I think he misread Daryl as a stupid uncaring redneck and was trying to tantalize him with it. Just the same way he was telling Carl what he wanted to hear when he was in the barn with him. And I think the very perceptive and sharp Daryl totally picked up on it, hence the unmerciful beating.

My question ... what will Dale's death do to Rick? Will Rick swing back to trying to be the moral compass for the group?
If he does, I won't need Sominex to get a good night's sleep. When his back is truly against a wall, like in the bar, Rick is one the most badass characters ever on TV. But man, his back has to be right up against it.

Last edited by JesseCuster; 03-06-12 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-06-12, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Zombies have to be able to kill you. If they're not a threat, this stuff would be boring.
Yes, but there has to be some rules of what they can and can't do. If they're strong enough to do one thing, then they should be strong enough to do something else which requires less strength. Consistency is all I ask for.
Old 03-06-12, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I also like how Carol was like "Don't drag me into this!" when nobody even asked her to speak. It's like "Really? You could have just kept your mouth shut and the end result would be the same."
I think everyone in the room were asked to provide their opinion, hence the reason they were there to take some sort of vote. They didn't ask her specifically, but they did expect her to provide an opinion like everyone else and she only chimed in when she couldn't take the arguing.
Old 03-06-12, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Honestly, I thought that Daryl would see his gun was missing and instantly think it was dale (since Dale had visited him early on in the episode) and Daryl would go bonkers.

That missing gun will play a part at some point.
Spoiler:
Odds are Carl will pick it up again in the season finale if the leak is accurate. Just left out there for him to use later.
Old 03-06-12, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JesseCuster
I think The Kid is just as dangerous as the two scumbags killed at the bar. I thought he was telling that horrible story of the father and his two daughters to Daryl in the barn to get sympathy but looking back I think he misread Daryl as a stupid uncaring redneck and was trying to tantalize him with it. Just the same way he was telling Carl what he wanted to hear when he was in the barn with him. And I think the very perceptive and sharp Daryl totally picked up on it, hence the unmerciful beating.
Yes, definitely.

They provided hints as to how dangerous he can be. When he killed the zombies back at the school he seemed like he was having a bit of fun. He sounded creepy when he mentioned the teenagers were "really cute" in the midst of a rape story. Plus the way he tried to manipulate Carl didn't help.
Old 03-06-12, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde
Complaining that a zombie show is using typical zombie plot devices is pretty god damn silly.
Zombies have always been able to be stealthy when needed.
Zombies have always been super humanly strong and able to rip people apart.

Yep, and that guy was an awesome zombie. Great movements.

I disagree. Getting ripped apart by zombies is always the best way to go out in this genre.
Getting his legs eaten by cannibals is more awesome.
Old 03-06-12, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RagingBull80
I actually thought this as well. I was hoping this was true but then comes fumanstan to ruin my day.
Oh I still think the info was accurate, but it was purposely released so this episode could punch us in the gut.
Old 03-06-12, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ringo20000
I'm kind of surprised by the number of people who were shocked by the ending...As soon as Andrea said she was going to tell Dale you had to know something bad was going down. I actually thought they were going to find he had committed suicide after he left the meeting saying this was a world he didn't want to live in.
For those of us who've read the comics from the beginning, anytime they deviate from the comics and how they do it has been extremely shocking.
Old 03-06-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I would also bet that
Spoiler:
Laurie Holden's time on the series won't be for much longer either. Her loyalty lies with Darabount, not AMC. Just like Bernthal and DeMunn.
Spoiler:

I hope Andrea stays around. Even though I'm not her biggest fan now, it sounds like she becomes pretty cool in the comics, though I've only read the first book.

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
So basically Season 2 is going to wind up with
Spoiler:
Walking Dead's two most interesting characters - Shane and Dale - no longer part of the show. Which SUCKS. You get rid of the most moral and the most morally tortured characters in a few episodes...leaving us with only Daryl as a character worth watching (Rick is weak, T-Bone rarely has a scene, and the rest are just plain annoying)
Spoiler:

My hope is that they will pick up additional characters along the way to fill the voids. I believe that's what happens in the comics, anyway.

Yes, definitely.

They provided hints as to how dangerous he can be. When he killed the zombies back at the school he seemed like he was having a bit of fun. He sounded creepy when he mentioned the teenagers were "really cute" in the midst of a rape story. Plus the way he tried to manipulate Carl didn't help.
Absolutely. I don't trust that kid. If I were Daryl, I think I would have shot him right after hearing the creepy way he told that rape story.
Old 03-06-12, 08:37 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

How much do you want to bet that as soon as they were cast in their respective parts they went running to read the Walking Dead comics to try and figure out how long they would be collecting a paycheck?

OOPS.
Old 03-06-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
How much do you want to bet that as soon as they were cast in their respective parts they went running to read the Walking Dead comics to try and figure out how long they would be collecting a paycheck?

OOPS.
Doesn't seem to matter, as so far we've seen characters last a lot longer or a lot shorter then in the comics.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.