Old 03-02-12, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Spartacus: Vengeance -- "Chosen Path" -- 3/02/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-26

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Spartacus rallies the rebels to begin training in order to be ready to defend their new sanctuary, while Glaber welcomes powerful new recruits to his forces.

Episode 6 of 10

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3rFALyOe18k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-03-12, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Spartacus: Vengeance -- "Chosen Path" -- 3/02/12

Definitely a step down after last week, but it set up would could be some very interesting events for the rest of the season. Ashur and his band of merry men should be fun to watch, and Glaber has become a slightly more interesting villain now that he's really taken the gloves off. I was a bit disappointed by the brevity of the Spartacus/Gannicus dust-up.
Old 03-03-12, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

weakest episode in a while but still good

Gannicus is pissing me off
Old 03-03-12, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

That big egyptian from the well was badass! Can't wait to see him facing the gladiators.
Old 03-03-12, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
That big egyptian from the well was badass! Can't wait to see him facing the gladiators.
I have a feeling he'll end up killing Agron.
Old 03-04-12, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde
That big egyptian from the well was badass!
All he needed was a curb.
Old 03-04-12, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Watched this tonight.

I don't think you can compare this episode with how kick ass last week was. I think episode 5 was more the culmination of the events from the 1st half of this season. I think it made sense for it to be full of action, bloodshed and insanity. It made sense for me that they took a break and re-assemble alot of the pieces from last week.

So Glaber basically commissioned Ashur to put together a freak show hit squad to target Spartacus. the Egyptian was pretty freaking badass. I'm looking forward to his eventual fight with Sparty.

Gannicus is being kind of an ass, but like I said last week, I don't think he has any real motivation to work with Sparty and his men.
Old 03-04-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since Spartacus and Gannicus are from two different "eras" of the Biatus house, it's kind of nice to see them interacting with Crixus as the bridge. I'd have to believe Gannicus would always hold some sway amongst gladiators as the only one we've seen who has ever earned his freedom in the arena. He just holds such a fatalist outlook on life, though. He has truly been mentally enslaved. Even after earning his freedom, he believes it's a gladiator's calling to have a honorable death in the arena. He was free, but he almost seems to hate being free because it makes him a ... citizen, not a gladiator / warrior. I'd imagine it's a bit like being a soldier responsible for facing life and death situations and keeping your country safe, then coming home to work in Jiffy Lube.

Gannicus doesn't irritate me. He's not a man without honor, he's a man without understanding (and place). His purpose for living is stripped. He experienced love (?) and longing, only to have it be with his best friend's woman. Better to go back to whores, and drinking enough so that you don't have to think about everything. And as Djariya said, his motivations aren't the same. He is so mentally enslaved that I'm not even sure he dislikes the people who consider him less than a man (Romans).

I don't know what's going to happen in the story, but putting history aside, it would be nice if Spartacus (and maybe Crixus and O) could help free his mind. Then again, O didn't do so well either when stripped of his purpose. We'll see. For me, the show is about so much more than the blood and guts and when it pays proper attention to those things, it's better for it.
Old 03-04-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't get over how much Mira looks like Olivia Munn. It's weird that I never noticed it until this season.