Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fringe -- "The End of All Things" -- 2/24/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-12, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fringe -- "The End of All Things" -- 2/24/12

Originally Posted by atxbomber
You think so? I felt it pretty much confirmed it. The Observers are trying to undo the damage September inadvertently did to the timeline in 1985 and are desperately trying to prevent Henry from existing since he's apparently an incredibly dangerous anomaly sometime down the road. What's the point of the Observers dicking around in Orange if he still exists in Blue/Red? Why were Walter and Olivia having visions of Peter if Orange had been completely separate from Blue?

And Walter and Astrid's conversation about the palimpsest wasn't exactly subtle.
Clearly Blue was overwritten by Orange, and now things are bleeding through. The memory card was a pretty good metaphor for this as well, obviously.
Agreed. This was my take on it as well. I was surprised when I came here and people were thinking otherwise.
Old 02-27-12, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think so? I felt it pretty much confirmed it. The Observers are trying to undo the damage September inadvertently did to the timeline in 1985 and are desperately trying to prevent Henry from existing since he's apparently an incredibly dangerous anomaly sometime down the road. What's the point of the Observers dicking around in Orange if he still exists in Blue/Red? Why were Walter and Olivia having visions of Peter if Orange had been completely separate from Blue?

And Walter and Astrid's conversation about the palimpsest wasn't exactly subtle.
Clearly Blue was overwritten by Orange, and now things are bleeding through. The memory card was a pretty good metaphor for this as well, obviously.
Originally Posted by buzzdalf
Agreed. This was my take on it as well. I was surprised when I came here and people were thinking otherwise.
Well that makes at least three of us then, as I was thinking similarly, as well.
Old 02-28-12, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good episode tonight. Sucks about the 4 week wait, but at least we get 2 months of non-stop action.

Was really surprised the captured Nina turned out to be the impostor.

I guess the theory that this was possibly the Blue Universe was thrown out the window tonight by what September revealed tonight.

Now I'm curious to understand how Olivia's feelings and memories are being transferred to this Olivia.
Uh, spoiler alert? But I thought it was pretty obvious.
Old 02-28-12, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Astrofan
Uh, spoiler alert? But I thought it was pretty obvious.
The episode already aired. Why would he spoiler alert anything?
Old 02-28-12, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

And we don't generally take theories here.
Old 02-28-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

The memory card was a pretty good metaphor for this as well, obviously.
Mind. Blown. How did I miss that? They did put that right in our face. I guess I needed a big neon arrow telling me that was a clue.
Old 02-28-12, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

If they are trying to prevent Henry, shouldn't September have told Bolivia (not sure if hats supposed to be Orange Bolivia) and not OOlivia (Orange Regular Olivia) that she must die?

So I'm clear:

Blue - Original
Red - Alt
Orange/Yellow - Revised Combo

Or have I missed something where the new original and alt have distinct colors?
Old 02-28-12, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This time I'll be part of the minority (?). Although your theories seem convincing, I still think that we have, at least, 4 universes, blue, red, orange, yellow.

There should be some plot "holes" in that theory. From what we have learned, in this orange universe lives were quite different from the blue universe, so for me Peter will always be a stranger in this universe. Besides, Olivia is having these double memories because of her abilities.
Old 02-29-12, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Just watched the first 14 episodes in a span of a few days

Damn good season IMO, gonna be sad if this doesn't come back but will be happy I got 4 years of great tv

I think the Universe Peter is in right now is the original, just made drastically different once he was erased

Really have no idea though and I love it
Old 02-29-12, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3
This time I'll be part of the minority (?). Although your theories seem convincing, I still think that we have, at least, 4 universes, blue, red, orange, yellow.

There should be some plot "holes" in that theory. From what we have learned, in this orange universe lives were quite different from the blue universe, so for me Peter will always be a stranger in this universe. Besides, Olivia is having these double memories because of her abilities.
I always thought the differences were because Peter wasn't in this universe anymore. His death cascaded into a regular game of dominoes of things ending up differently. It's not a different universe, it's how the blue universe would have ended up if Peter died.
Old 03-07-12, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Looks like there's some movement on a fifth season:

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/2012-r...on-the-bubble/

Ausiello has upgraded Fringe's renewal chances to "safe bet." It was originally a "long shot," then went to "could go either way."
Old 03-07-12, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Looks like there's some movement on a fifth season:

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/2012-r...on-the-bubble/

Ausiello has upgraded Fringe's renewal chances to "safe bet." It was originally a "long shot," then went to "could go either way."
Please please please please.
Old 03-07-12, 03:32 AM

If Fringe pulls off a fifth season I will be absolutely gob-smacked. In a good way of course, I've just gone into this season expecting it to be the last, so this is blowing my mind at the moment. I will never talk shit about FOX cancelling my shows again if they give it another season.
Old 03-07-12, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Please please please please.
What he said.

Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
I will never talk shit about FOX cancelling my shows again if they give it another season.
I'll hold you to that. I almost never blame networks for cancelling shows since if I were in their position, I'd do the same thing most times. It isn't about which shows I like, it's about which shows are earning their keep. If a show isn't, it's usually not the network's fault. If a show's costing $5M/episode and earning $5M/episode, I can't in good conscience expect them to continue airing it, as they wouldn't be making any money. When the show is special enough, I only ask that they do everything they can to exploit alternative revenue streams (foreign markets, home video, etc.) to give it every possibility. Fringe is a special show.