TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Biggest Loser tv show thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Biggest Loser tv show thread

Didnt see one started but....

Adrian had no chance.. the whole red team were just looking for reasons to get rid of him. I felt so bad for him. They just didnt like him no matter what
Old 02-08-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: Biggest Loser tv show thread

He honestly came across as an asshole the whole time and wouldn't keep his mouth shut. He sealed his own fate. If he had come in, worked hard and didn't talk so much I think he would have had a better chance.

I kinda liked him at the beginning of last week's show (his child sob story did help some) but then couldn't stand him by the end of that show and basically hated him all thru last night's show. He is as obnoxious as Conda (or whatever her name is).
Old 02-08-12, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

not sure what else he needed to do.. what talking did he do? they asked him a question of how he worked out and he answered... not sure what else..

plus the girls already didnt like him before anything..
Old 02-08-12, 09:11 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think both sides were at fault. Some of the red team, particularly Conda, clearly had it out for him the instant he showed up, without giving him a chance. But his reaction was to push back in a childish way that did nothing but reaffirm their negative opinions of him, and turn the neutral ones against him.
Old 02-08-12, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there anyone more unlikeable than Conda? I absolutely cannot stand that bitch. Kim isn't much more likable.

Originally Posted by raven56706
not sure what else he needed to do.. what talking did he do? they asked him a question of how he worked out and he answered... not sure what else..

plus the girls already didn't like him before anything..
Him opening his mouth last week about people voting for Nancy pretty much sealed his fate. As others have said, if he just kept his mouth shut he might still be there.

I do agree that Kim and Conda had it out for him from the start.
Old 02-08-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What an awful season, Conda and Kim both have to go. What a difference a season makes, I loved last season and was rooting for a number of people, this season I really don't like anybody.
Old 02-09-12, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there are some likeable contestants, it's just that the loud and dramatic people are getting most of the attention. For example I think most of the black team is likeable.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Adrian go. I found his personality to be really irritating. He could have stayed if he toned it down a bit, but I got the feeling he just liked to talk. Hope Conda is next. She is THE WORST. Kim was much better this week, but last week when she and Conda were acting like highschool girls in the cafeteria? I was hoping they both got the boot right then and there.
Old 02-09-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I was watching and just stopped because of Kim and Conda... Seriously hope they there's away they can both be kicked off soon so I can start watching again.
Old 02-14-12, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Yeah I was watching and just stopped because of Kim and Conda... Seriously hope they there's away they can both be kicked off soon so I can start watching again.
The producers must be listening to the feedback online, because they toned both of them down considerably this week. As far as the person that got the boot
Spoiler:
Roy got screwed. Everyone said he's distracted, yet he looses nine pounds? My vote would have been for Mark or Kimmy.
Old 04-18-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Anybody watch the show last night with the walkout?

Just great, the 2 contestants that I hate the most - Kim & Conda - are the finalists. This season has just been the worst so far.

As for the 2 who left, Mark & Buddy, they are just ungrateful bitches. Let's see, the show picks you over millions of applicants, gives you world class trainers, sends you on a vacation in Hawaii, sends you to the White House, and you quit the show because of a "twist" that has happened on the show several times before? I hope the show does not invite them back for the finale.
Old 04-18-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sinned
Anybody watch the show last night with the walkout?

Just great, the 2 contestants that I hate the most - Kim & Conda - are the finalists. This season has just been the worst so far.

As for the 2 who left, Mark & Buddy, they are just ungrateful bitches. Let's see, the show picks you over millions of applicants, gives you world class trainers, sends you on a vacation in Hawaii, sends you to the White House, and you quit the show because of a "twist" that has happened on the show several times before? I hope the show does not invite them back for the finale.
Agree with you on all counts. I can't stand either girl and I hope whoever wins the final spot in the finals beats both of them. Buddy and Mark made themselves look like fools for leaving. Who would give up a chance to win $250,000 after making that far?
Old 04-18-12, 06:30 PM
Banned

Yeah, this has been the worst season by far. None of the contestants have been very likeable. Conda is just horrible though, and her being in the finals is disgusting. Her brother Jeremy is also really creepy the way he is always hitting on female guests. I don't know her name, but the female chef that sometimes comes on the show, you can tell she was creeped out by him and only talked to him because it was her job.
Old 04-19-12, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Worst season ever, glad it's almost over!
Old 04-19-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope they don't let Mark or Buddy compete in the finals either. Those are two of the most ungrateful people I've ever seen.

As long as it's not Adrian or his sister... he was AWFUL and she was an idiot... I would be happy with any of the others who were sent home winning (except Jeremy, of course). And Buddy or Mark, since they were not sent home, but chose to leave. They shouldn't even get any more air time.
Old 04-19-12, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best part of the whole walkout was every single person had a comeback for their crying.

Allison: We should have told you? Ummm it's a twist.
Bob: We always do it every year. Do you watch the show?

The best by far was the show's lawyer pulling out the contract. "You read this?" "Yeah" "You signed it?" "Yeah" Read this here: "Eliminated contestants will receive....."

Greatness.

Other than that the show has sucked horribly. I never thought I'd say it but I miss Jillian.

Bob and Jillian have gone over and been on Biggest Loser Australia, I'd like to see those trainers come over here. Commando would eat these people alive.

Last edited by Keith6601; 04-20-12 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-19-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Umm.... who's Michelle?

Took me a couple of minutes (no google searching) but I finally remembered the name of the female trainer a couple of seasons ago: Jillian. I do have to say that Dolvett was a great addition to the cast. You could tell that Anna Kournikova was not enjoying her experience, and I don't remember the name of the other female trainer who came in the same season as Dolvett (short girl who was a boxer).

So apparently Mark posted a letter/note/diary entry (or whatever its called) on his facebook account with his "explanation" of his side of things. Basically he was saying that it was god's plan for him to quit at the time. He also goes on posting about all these bible sayings/passages and how it relates to him. So apparently he's not just an ungrateful bitch, but also an ungrateful religious nut job.

Look forward to next week to see if he allows his son Chism to enter the competition to be the finalist. If so, then we can add "hypocrite" to the list.
Old 04-20-12, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those dudes walking out looked like the biggest tools this show has ever seen. I can totally see how they can loose perspective when they were so engrossed in the biggest loser world, but there is nothing I can think of that would justify them walking out. They were this close to winning the prize. So silly. I bet they both end up really regretting this.
Old 04-20-12, 08:35 AM

I'll go with total brain fart on calling Jillian Michelle. Although her last name is close so yay for excuses.

I'm sorry but the simple fact is those two are just idiots. But it's ok, they got healthier and more time to live and that's their prize, they don't need money. That's always a great comment until you're so close you can smell the money.
Old 04-20-12, 08:52 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I don't get it either. They can sit through having cameras in their faces 24-7. They can endure being away from their families for an extended period of time. They're okay with getting manipulated into revealing their most personal traumas to the world. They don't have a problem with the producer's coldblooded 'temptations'. They can even tolerate the trainers constantly trying to convince them that Extra Dessert Delights gum is *just* as good a slice of cheesecake or Key Lime pie. They put up with all all that and *this* is what they have a problem with???
Old 04-20-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by leeta
I hope they don't let Mark or Buddy compete in the finals either. Those are two of the most ungrateful people I've ever seen.
They can't. By quitting the show they forfeit their eligibility for any further competition, including the $100,000 at-home prize.
Old 04-20-12, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
They can even tolerate the trainers constantly trying to convince them that Extra Dessert Delights gum is *just* as good a slice of cheesecake or Key Lime pie.
Have you tried them? They are really good.

It's obviously true that they don't cause the same endorphin rush as the real deal, but in terms of flavor I really do like them.
Old 04-20-12, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DRG
Yeah, I don't get it either. They can sit through having cameras in their faces 24-7. They can endure being away from their families for an extended period of time. They're okay with getting manipulated into revealing their most personal traumas to the world. They don't have a problem with the producer's coldblooded 'temptations'. They can even tolerate the trainers constantly trying to convince them that Extra Dessert Delights gum is *just* as good a slice of cheesecake or Key Lime pie. They put up with all all that and *this* is what they have a problem with???
Its funny because the "twist" wasn't really a twist anyway. Practically every season they have given the eliminated contestants a chance to come back. Heck, they already did it once earlier this season with Adrian and Daphne.

Its even more hilarious because the lawyer showed where it was even outlined in the contracts they signed that the eliminated players would be in the final challenge for a chance to win a spot in the final three. So they knew it was coming right from the beginning. Unless they signed the contract without actually reading it, which at this point wouldn't surprise me if they were that dumb.

I also wonder if Conda didn't initiate the whole thing. She has been a manipulative bitch the whole season. Her and Jeremy had no chance of making the final three if she didn't get the other players to quit. So I bet she and Jeremy never planned to quit but instead wanted to talk the others into quitting so she and Jeremy would automatically be in the final three. Mark and Buddy fell for her trick, but Kim wised up. I really started to think that's what really happened at the final weigh-in when Jeremy ended up eliminated, and Conda starts giving this fake sob story about how he deserves to be there more than Kim. WTF. I don't like Kim because her attitude is just as rotten as Conda, but there is no denying that Kim worked hard all season long, much harder than Jeremy, and deserved to be there more than him. If I was Kim I would have walked over to Conda and punched her in her fat face.

And what's up with Bob constantly defending Conda, saying she has improved and is a much better person? She really isn't at all. She's as rotten now as she was on day one. The producers have to be feeding Bob that line of bull because he can't honestly believe it himself.
Old 04-24-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jeremy makes it into the finals with Conda and Kim...someone pass the barf bag.
Old 04-24-12, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Obey The D
What? Really? I haven't watched it yet, but he won the final challenge between all the eliminated contestants? I find that just too unbelievable if true, so it had to have been staged (much like Tara beating Rulon in the car pull a few seasons ago).
Old 04-24-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I'll pass it but I have already used it! Not happy about any of the final 3 but that is the way it goes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.