Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV's "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes" starts 1/25/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-12, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: MTV's "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes" starts 1/25/12

If they're truly trying to win the money, you throw Johnny and Camilla in. They could easily beat the other 2 teams, so getting rid of 1 of the 2 teams you can't beat is obviously the move.

That said, they'll throw in Dunbar and Paula.
Old 03-17-12, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see they threw in the Brazilian and the Banana.

It's late in the season to add this, but these are available in HD the after air on mtv.com (with after shows):

http://www.mtv.com/shows/rwrr_challe...s/series.jhtml

They're pulled shortly after that, probably because of an agreement with hulu, but are added again after that delay window expires.
Old 03-17-12, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarBluth
Glad to see they threw in the Brazilian and the Banana.
Johnny and Camilla? They were automatically going since they came in last in the challenge. CT/Diam chose Mark/Robyn to go into the dome against them.
Old 03-17-12, 08:49 AM

You're right. I read the last post before mine and forgot there was another episode between them.
Old 03-19-12, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Glad that Mark and Johnny are being pitted against each other, and that CT and Diem recognized that Ty and Emily deserved to be there more than anyone, even if they're arguably the strongest team and probably should have been thrown in if they were playing smart.

CT is easily my favorite cast member, so I'm glad him and Diem have finished so strong. If they don't win though, I wouldn't mind seeing Ty and Emily win either.
Old 03-19-12, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Same, I'm rooting for CT and Diem
Old 03-19-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Can't believe I'm rooting for CT. He along with Abe and Wes are my all time most hated cast members. CT finally matured some I guess.
Old 03-19-12, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CT is the best.... its the other POS's that i hate.. they really need to make this more competitive as opposed to the same shits winning it year after year
Old 03-19-12, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
CT is the best.... its the other POS's that i hate.. they really need to make this more competitive as opposed to the same shits winning it year after year
CT is my favorite, too, flaws and all. I think he really changed a lot after his brother died. You saw that in the Challenge: Rivals when he partnered with Adam. When Adam screwed up majorly and caused them a spot in the finals, CT's reaction was everything you could ask for.

And yeah, I'm sick of Johnny bananas and his stupid crew. The thing is, I'm sure it would be more competitive if some of the people they invite, who decline to participate, actually came. I mean, if Alton kept coming back, he would dominate. I can see Leroy doing well in the future, too.
Old 03-22-12, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was sad to see Mark and Robin get beaten by Johnny and Camila, but I definitely expected it. Good start to the final challenge. Glad that CT and Diem have gotten off to a great start as well. I was laughing at CT running almost faster than the dogs were. Honestly I think that's why their team won that leg of the race, because the dogs weren't pulling hardly any weight; CT was pushing that sled the whole way. I love that guy. I used to be so-so on him, but after he lifted Johnny on his back and got him kicked off a few challenges ago, I've loved him.

It seems like the first person to the finish line won't necessarily be the winner though? They seem to be tallying the times and that's what matters. Or maybe day 2 will be just a straight through race to the finish.
Old 03-22-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kory
I was sad to see Mark and Robin get beaten by Johnny and Camila, but I definitely expected it. Good start to the final challenge. Glad that CT and Diem have gotten off to a great start as well. I was laughing at CT running almost faster than the dogs were. Honestly I think that's why their team won that leg of the race, because the dogs weren't pulling hardly any weight; CT was pushing that sled the whole way. I love that guy. I used to be so-so on him, but after he lifted Johnny on his back and got him kicked off a few challenges ago, I've loved him.

It seems like the first person to the finish line won't necessarily be the winner though? They seem to be tallying the times and that's what matters. Or maybe day 2 will be just a straight through race to the finish.
Yeah, not only did I expect Bananas and Camilla to win, but last week's after show had both him and Mark and I've seen Bananas long enough to have read his body language to know he went on to the finals.

CT and Diem really don't have a real lead. What is it, like 5 seconds? That running into the freezing water thing turned out to be silly because unless a team failed, there was no way to really make up any time. CT and Diem had the worst time and it was only 2 or 3 seconds behind first place.

I want to see CT and Diem to win, mostly because I just like CT now (not to say I'd bet a dollar that he still isn't a ticking time bomb in life).

I live in AZ and I get chilly when it's in the 60's, so this challenge may be my favorite to watch, because I just can't imagine doing this stuff in the frigid cold. I'd rather pass out in the heat than to freeze like that. I honestly thought the worst part of the first part of the challenge was just having to sleep all night out there.

Overall, this has been kind of a disappointing season because I didn't really like the cast very much. Diem is probably the most liked person left and she's not very pretty and not very strong. Emily and Camilla definitely give their partners more. The dog sledding thing seemed kind of dumb since I always thought the idea was the dogs were supposed to pull you, when it seemed like all the teams had to do a lot of running along with the dogs.

I also thought the dome challenges were pretty boring. Will still hope for CT to get the big check, but Bananas and Camilla are the team to beat. Oh, it happens every season, but it never stops amazing me when people like Johnny and Mark seem to get pissy if they don't get their way. The one thing that still makes these MTV challenges not as compelling as it can be is just how much it always favors these alliances and people who just seem to run the show from day 1. Mark finally said goodbye (I won't miss him), but he'd done all those challenges and that was his first time ever having to go into a challenge to stay in the game. That's just ridiculous.
Old 03-22-12, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
I was sad to see Mark and Robin get beaten by Johnny and Camila, but I definitely expected it.
Robin didn't stand a chance. She was very emotional in a physical challenge. You don't get points for making a speech about how hard your 12 hour labor was right before you lose.

And WHY do they all insist on drinking like college kids the night before the final? It's bad enough that they binge during the show, but at this point? Have some water and get some sleep. Celebrate after the final.
Old 03-23-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Robin should get slapped everytime she starts crying.
Old 03-23-12, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Robin should get slapped everytime she starts crying.
Amen! What a waste she is....plus she sounds like a man. Good riddance!
Old 03-26-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarBluth
And WHY do they all insist on drinking like college kids the night before the final? It's bad enough that they binge during the show, but at this point? Have some water and get some sleep. Celebrate after the final.
I firmly believe most of that is for the cameras. There's no way, even these idiots, would go drinking the night before they have a chance at $75k
Old 03-29-12, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Too bad. Like many in this thread I was rooting for Chris and Diem. But, really, who could have called that? Before this challenge I figured that if they lost it would be b/c Diem couldn't keep up. Instead, she kicked ass, and CT ran out of gas (not that I'm judging, b/c I sure as Hell couldn't have done that).
Old 03-29-12, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, it was weird to see CT be the one that ran out of gas. I was hoping they would win too. This one ended kind of interesting, in that everyone ended genuinely happy and enjoying their team and partners.
Old 03-29-12, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Too bad. Like many in this thread I was rooting for Chris and Diem. But, really, who could have called that? Before this challenge I figured that if they lost it would be b/c Diem couldn't keep up. Instead, she kicked ass, and CT ran out of gas (not that I'm judging, b/c I sure as Hell couldn't have done that).
I was pretty surprised too. I thought Bananas and Camilla would win, because Camilla would be the strongest female.

Diem was amazing. If it had been each person for their own, Diem would have won. She didn't even seem tired at the end.

At least Diem and CT got second place.
Old 03-29-12, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I love is how MTV is subtlety telling Johnny Bananas how stupid his attempt at a lawsuit against Wahlberg and the people behind Entourage is.

Calling the final challenge Viking Quest, which is the name of the show the Drama character was on when he was younger has to be on purpose.

Not happy with the winner. Anytime anyone from that circle of morons wins, its nothing but a downer.
Old 03-29-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it is funny how this show is easily the roughest reality show to win money on. I think it beats One Man Army, Ninja Warrior and Survivor easily. Even if you tack on The Ultimate Fighter and WWE Tuff Enough, I think The Challenge still wins thanks to the ridiculous finale challenge each season.
Old 03-29-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd be forever indebted to the poster that posts a gif of Diem running in her bra from "the shit they didn't show"
Old 03-30-12, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I'd be forever indebted to the poster that posts a gif of Diem running in her bra from "the shit they didn't show"
That really was fantastic. Almost wore out my remote on that one.
Old 03-30-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Well, looks like we'll have plenty of chances to see more of Johnny Bananas and Paula in the future.

MTV has ordered new seasons of veteran reality franchises The Challenge and The Real World. The Challenge has been renewed for a 23rd season, The Real World for 28th. Both hail from Bunim/Murray. The most recent Challenge: Battle of the Exes cycle was the most-watched in seven seasons, averaging nearly 2 million viewers a week, while the two most recent editions of Real World delivered the franchise’s best season average (The Real World: Las Vegas) and highest-rated debut (The Real World: San Diego) in five seasons. Real World‘s 27th season, The Real World: St. Thomas, is now filming for a premiere later this year.
Have there really been 22 seasons of The Challenge?
Old 03-30-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

good news. A friend told me after the last season that they might cancel the Challenge. Good to hear that she was just a dirty, stinking liar.

And I hope Robin doesn't try to make a return. Even though it's all self inflicted I actually feel bad for her. If you watch her season of the Real World she was this young, bubbly teenager. You could tell she wasn't all there but she was generally happy. Then as the seasons wore on she's been slowly breaking down. It's sad, really.
Old 03-30-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
good news. A friend told me after the last season that they might cancel the Challenge. Good to hear that she was just a dirty, stinking liar.

And I hope Robin doesn't try to make a return. Even though it's all self inflicted I actually feel bad for her. If you watch her season of the Real World she was this young, bubbly teenager. You could tell she wasn't all there but she was generally happy. Then as the seasons wore on she's been slowly breaking down. It's sad, really.
A life of drunken whoring will eventually do that to a person. Robin I mean, not your friend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.