Old 01-15-12, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Pan Am -- "Diplomatic Relations" -- 1/15/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Ashley Greene ("The Twilight Saga" films) and Darren Pettie ("Mad Men") Guest Star

"Diplomatic Relations" - Dean is tapped to fly the first-ever commercial flight to Moscow, but the day of departure, a blowhard veteran pilot, Broyles, takes the controls and makes Dean co-pilot. While in Russia, Kate tries to pull off an important mission, but when Laura and another Pan Am stewardess are mistaken for spies, Kate tries to expedite their release with the help of an unlikely ally. Back at home, Congressman Rawlings and his staff work to track down whoever anonymously wrote the negative new story about him, and Maggie agrees to be his date at a fund-raiser. Can she keep her temper dealing with so many conservative political supporters and retain her cover as the article's author? Ted's relationship with Amanda gets serious, but Maggie learns something about her that may hinder this whirlwind romance., on "Pan Am," SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 11 of 14

Only 3 more weeks left after tonight.
Old 01-15-12, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Pan Am -- "Diplomatic Relations" -- 1/15/12

Originally Posted by DJariya
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Ashley Greene ("The Twilight Saga" films) and Darren Pettie ("Mad Men") Guest Star

"Diplomatic Relations" - Dean is tapped to fly the first-ever commercial flight to Moscow, but the day of departure, a blowhard veteran pilot, Broyles, takes the controls and makes Dean co-pilot. While in Russia, Kate tries to pull off an important mission, but when Laura and another Pan Am stewardess are mistaken for spies, Kate tries to expedite their release with the help of an unlikely ally. Back at home, Congressman Rawlings and his staff work to track down whoever anonymously wrote the negative new story about him, and Maggie agrees to be his date at a fund-raiser. Can she keep her temper dealing with so many conservative political supporters and retain her cover as the article's author? Ted's relationship with Amanda gets serious, but Maggie learns something about her that may hinder this whirlwind romance., on "Pan Am," SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 11 of 14

Only 3 more weeks left after tonight.
So this is canceled for sure? Damn.
Old 01-15-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by arminius
So this is canceled for sure? Damn.
Technically it's not officially cancelled yet. ABC keeps saying it's still in contention for a spot next season. Yeah right.

Judging by last week's numbers, yeah it's done after episode 14. I think once people saw that this only got picked up for 1 additional episode as opposed to the back 9, they stopped watching and assumed it was pointless to continue. I'll watch until the end.
Old 01-16-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after last night's episode I think I'm alright with this show being cancelled as they officially jumped the shark. That stewie just happily prances out of a KGB locked-down hotel, merrily calls on a local CIA spy (whose every move is being monitored), and then has her pilot friend send a few cartons of cigarettes to a politburo member to defuse a tense international cold-war incident. Wow. I remember the cold war (yeah, I'm that old) and these situations could easily lead to worldwide nuclear war. Believe me, they were not defused by bribing a politburo member with a few cartons of cigarettes.

Too bad because I think this show had a good premise. But I thought/hoped it would be more historically accurate. In addition, the acting is mediocre at best (especially the lady who plays the CIA spy -- good lord she's awful) with the glaring exception of the French stewie who I think has a very bright future.
Old 01-16-12, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Probably one of my least favorite Pan Am episodes.

The whole thing with Bridget and Laura being arrested for espionage was bullshit. the ending with Kate seeking out the big wig at the Kremlin and then blackmailing the captain to help get their release was so contrived.

at Ted's fiancee kissing Maggie. That was so forced.

Karine Vanasse is just awesome. I enjoyed all of Colette's scenes even talking to douche bag Dean. She has a really bright future ahead whether she does film or TV again.
Old 01-18-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear it's most likely canned. I've loved every episode including this past one. Fun show, more so than Desperate Housewives that precedes it.