Old 12-07-11, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Suburgatory -- "The Nutcracker" -- 12/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"The Nutcracker" - When Tessa overhears George break up with his girlfriend, Zoe, on Skype, she blames herself for his failed relationship and decides that she's going to get them back together. Unbeknownst to her, though, George is really enamored with Tessa's cute art teacher, Aimee. He admits to Mr. Wolfe that he's over dating crazy city women, and that he's looking for love in the burbs. George decides to embrace the holiday spirit with a tree trimming party complete with ex-girlfriend, potential new girlfriend and the Royces, and he soon finds himself under the mistletoe with a special someone, on "Suburgatory," WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7 (8:30-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 9 of 22

Last new episode of 2011. Returns in January
Old 12-07-11, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Suburgatory -- "The Nutcracker" -- 12/07/11

Meh. Standard sitcom plot #17. Too many girlfriends show up at the same place And same time while daughter/friend tries to juggle everything to keep them separated.
Old 12-08-11, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Meh. Standard sitcom plot #17. Too many girlfriends show up at the same place And same time while daughter/friend tries to juggle everything to keep them separated.
Well sort of. That George is only interested in ONE of the women chasing him is the difference. What you described was the plot of several Three's Company episodes.

This seemed to me to be a character development episode. Tessa is starting to grow up a little more. She realizes now that her bitchy, pouty, freeze-out attitude can work on George and that she could really end up hurting him if she wields it malevolently since he will clearly do ANYTHING when it comes to her well-being. Anything except return her to the city that is.
Old 12-08-11, 02:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually loved this episode. The neighbor girl steals all the scenes she's in and I don't know why but Alan Tudyk's line "It's like the Joy Luck Club in here" had me rolling. I actually had to stop the playback cause I was laughing so hard. This show and Revenge are my two of my new favorites.