Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Old 12-07-11, 03:39 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 61,866
Received 461 Likes on 342 Posts
The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Remaining Contestants:

Josh Krajcik

Melanie Amaro

Rachel Crow

Chris Rene

Marcus Canty


This week they are performing 2 songs each as selected by viewer voting.
Old 12-07-11, 04:11 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,627
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I can't get into this show. Too many kids making it this far.
Old 12-07-11, 04:21 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 61,866
Received 461 Likes on 342 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
I can't get into this show. Too many kids making it this far.
Too many kids? Rachel is the only "kid" at 13. The rest are all adults.
Old 12-07-11, 05:25 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Posts: 1,698
Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Will this be another double elimination week?
Old 12-07-11, 05:45 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,627
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Too many kids? Rachel is the only "kid" at 13. The rest are all adults.
They seem like kids to me. Up until last show there was 4 under 20 years old now of the 5 three are under twenty.
The only one who seems old or I should say adult is the hairy chubby guy.
Old 12-07-11, 05:54 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 61,866
Received 461 Likes on 342 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
They seem like kids to me. Up until last show there was 4 under 20 years old now of the 5 three are under twenty.
The only one who seems old or I should say adult is the hairy chubby guy.
Melanie is 19

Marcus is 20

Chris is 28

Josh is 30

Rachel is 13

I don't get why their age is an issue with you? 4 adults, 1 kid. What's the big deal? They made it this far because America voted them here.
Old 12-07-11, 06:02 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,627
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I don't know really, something about this group bugs me.
Old 12-07-11, 06:10 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 61,866
Received 461 Likes on 342 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

^^^ Your argument about their ages is so petty.

Unless the shit hits the fan, it's going to be a Melanie vs Josh finale.
Old 12-07-11, 06:29 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,627
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Petty? I just don't like the group. They seem too young to me oh well.
No biggie, I don't need to see it anymore this season.
Old 12-07-11, 07:42 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 61,866
Received 461 Likes on 342 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Petty? I just don't like the group. They seem too young to me oh well.
No biggie, I don't need to see it anymore this season.
Yes, petty. There is 2 weeks left in the competition after tomorrow and on episode 21 you come up with some cockamamie argument that you don't like this group because of their ages? C'Mon man talk about nonsense. If you don't like this group because you don't think they are talented, then that's another story. But, then again why the hell would you watch 21 of 26 episodes and have some epiphany that this group sucks because they are "Too Young" For the record, Josh is pretty damn talented as well as Melanie.

Sounds like you need to go back to watching America's Got Talent with jugglers, magicians and dancing dogs.
Old 12-07-11, 07:54 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,627
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

This feels like Americas got Talent. I don't like that either.
I haven't watched every episode. I've tried a few times to watch but it just isn't working for me.
Old 12-07-11, 08:26 PM
  #12  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I'm really disappointed in this show, it gets worse each week. I've watched American Idol for several years now and I've never seen Simon do so many standing ovations and give so much praise for mediocre performances. It seems obvious to me he's over doing it to try and make the show a success
Old 12-07-11, 08:33 PM
  #13  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Rachael has got the most potential. Josh wants to be Joe Cocker
Old 12-07-11, 08:40 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
tommyp007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 5,886
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I'm burnt out too, but I'll finish the show. I don't care who wins now ( I Liked LeRoy Bell). With X-factor, The Sing-off, AI and America's got Talent on the family schedule, I feel like it's the same show running year round.
Old 12-07-11, 09:04 PM
  #15  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I feel the exact same way, I don't bother voting anymore either.
Old 12-07-11, 09:06 PM
  #16  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I liked Leroy Bell and Stacy Francis
Old 12-07-11, 09:08 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 5,038
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Work that post count!
Old 12-07-11, 09:24 PM
  #18  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,503
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by tommyp007 View Post
I'm burnt out too, but I'll finish the show. I don't care who wins now ( I Liked LeRoy Bell).
Sadly, there's only room for one Michael Bolton in the world.
Old 12-07-11, 09:30 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 5,038
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Just when I get tired of Chris Rene, he totally redeems himself!
Old 12-07-11, 09:31 PM
  #20  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I feel the exact same way, I don't bother voting anymore either.
Old 12-07-11, 09:41 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Earth ....
Posts: 4,773
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Yes, petty. There is 2 weeks left in the competition after tomorrow and on episode 21 you come up with some cockamamie argument that you don't like this group because of their ages? C'Mon man talk about nonsense. If you don't like this group because you don't think they are talented, then that's another story. But, then again why the hell would you watch 21 of 26 episodes and have some epiphany that this group sucks because they are "Too Young" For the record, Josh is pretty damn talented as well as Melanie.

Sounds like you need to go back to watching America's Got Talent with jugglers, magicians and dancing dogs.
Maybe whotony did not like to watch Drew completely break down and bawl her eyes out because the judges eliminated her. Or, maybe, whotony got tired of watching Astro be a brat and cop an attitude on stage each week or watch precocious Rachel sing old songs each week. I actually don't care about any of the remaining contestants but the kids were the worse. It's called a personal opinion.
Old 12-07-11, 09:50 PM
  #22  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,503
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by chowderhead View Post
Maybe whotony did not like to watch Drew completely break down and bawl her eyes out because the judges eliminated her. Or, maybe, whotony got tired of watching Astro be a brat and cop an attitude on stage each week or watch precocious Rachel sing old songs each week. I actually don't care about any of the remaining contestants but the kids were the worse. It's called a personal opinion.
The variety in contestants is what's supposed to make this show interesting. It's what this show was based on, and they didn't exactly lie about it in promotions. Complaining about it just seems ridiculous.

Also, the kids are some of the MOST talented. Crow is amazing and even the fact that Astro wrote his own songs each week is hugely impressive. These kids aren't exactly Justin Bieber.
Old 12-07-11, 09:50 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: howell nj
Posts: 4,400
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

If you dont watch or dont care why even open the thread and comment.

I like Josh and Rachel.. Chris does his own stuff great. other peoples songs, not so great.
Old 12-07-11, 09:52 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,319
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

I skipped many of the performances tonight gosh what a bore fest. The only act I enjoyed was the first act of Marcus because his dancer girls had amazing asses on them.

I say get rid of them all right now and give the trophy to Melanie.
Old 12-07-11, 10:12 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 19,627
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: The X Factor -- Top 5 Perform -- 12/07/11 (FOX)

Originally Posted by tommy28 View Post
If you dont watch or dont care why even open the thread and comment.

I like Josh and Rachel.. Chris does his own stuff great. other peoples songs, not so great.
Conversation. Also is this discussion only for the love of the show? No one is allowed to offer the opinion that they think it stinks.

I wanted to like the show because I like Simon and Scherzinger but I wasn't thrilled to have to see

One thing that really turned me off on this season was the little rapper guy. Right from his first appearance he was a little brat.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.