Old 11-29-11, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: South Pacific -- "Cult Like" -- 11/30/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Season 23, Episode 12
Episode Synopsis: The alliance between Coach and Cochran strengthens.
Old 11-29-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: South Pacific -- "Cult Like" -- 11/30/11

I think I missed an episode. Was last week's a clip show?
Old 11-29-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep
Old 11-29-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

So let's say Coach wins this season (or even Ozzy pulls it off), would that make it less likely they'd bring back returning players again? After Rob's victory, and the success of these two, it's obviously a huge benefit to have played the game before.
Old 11-30-11, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

While I enjoyed watching Rob dominate last season I do hope they don't bring back old contestants anymore. I still think that being a returning player has it's positives and negatives but we've seen how Coach and Rob have changed their games from last time to come off as team players and earn trust. I would think that since these people have seen last season that they'd be smart enough to make a power play.

They revealed a little "twist" to next season that makes me think that there won't be any returning players and no Redemption Island.

I wouldn't mind seeing another survivor all star season in a few years but only with players that have played the game once. And if they can pull it off, only players that have won the game before.
Old 11-30-11, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another Brandon breakdown. As I said over a month ago, they really did the kid a disservice in life by casting him. He's just got a screw loose and being there is making it worse.

I think Coach is leading these idiots around by a lease worse than Rob was last season. Last season was funny. The fact that these people saw last season makes this season just pathetic.

Last edited by aktick; 11-30-11 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-30-11, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I would think that since these people have seen last season that they'd be smart enough to make a power play.
Originally Posted by aktick
The fact that these people saw last season makes this season just pathetic.
I'm pretty sure none of these people saw last season before they played. The next season is usually being filmed while the current season airs.
Old 11-30-11, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

These dips need to now make their play against Coach. Do they really think they have a chance of winning against him? Edna? No. Rick? No. Brandon? No. "Prince Albert" ? Naw. The only two I can see possibly winning against him are Ozzy or Sophie.
Old 11-30-11, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I'm pretty sure none of these people saw last season before they played. The next season is usually being filmed while the current season airs.
they had a chance to watch last season as it aired. Christine talked about pulling a Matt and coming back from Redemption Island when she was still on RI.
Old 11-30-11, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved Sophie's reaction to Jeff's question about "This has been a bit of an eye opening tribal... hasn't it?":

"No"

Jeff's reaction was a mix of surprise and how dare you not just go along with my leading questions so I can drum up drama.... Sophie had it dead on, and Jeff needs to stop trying to guide the game for drama's sake. I think this is where being producer and host is really an issue and those roles need to be separate. And rather than simply ask her why, he just twice tries to move her off the position to the one he really wanted "No?" "Really?"... how about asking some questions that are neutral rather than loaded? ("has this been an eye opening tribal?"... "Why hasn't it been?")

What did Jeff think was eye opening? That Cochoran and Edna were on the bottom of the totem pole, or that Brandon was obstinate, lacked social skill, is borderline crazy, and is just going to speak his mind with no filter? That tribal was about as predictable as they come and people's comments were pretty much right in line with what you'd expect them to say.

Even at the end he states "this has been one of the most interesting and revealing tribals in the game" (it pretty much revealed nothing extraordinary, unless sticking to the plan is revealing, and it was not really all that interesting)
Old 11-30-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still creeped put by Cochran mentioning he gives his Mother massages.
Old 11-30-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Not that it would have made a difference, but Cochran would have been better off with a "You want to take me to the end, since I'm not a threat" strategy than the constant "You owe me!" whining.
Old 12-01-11, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
So let's say Coach wins this season (or even Ozzy pulls it off), would that make it less likely they'd bring back returning players again? After Rob's victory, and the success of these two, it's obviously a huge benefit to have played the game before.
Not to mention Fans vs Favorites where the returning players all dominated or the season where Stephanie and Bobby Jon returned and Steph dictated the votes against her fans/tribemates and made the end.

Its pretty much like the Varsity Football team playing against the Freshman team.
Old 12-01-11, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree on the whole no more past players...its run its course. I'm wondering if Brandon is on meds and didnt take them anymore once on the show? Its almost like he is a different person after a couple weeks on the island.
Old 12-01-11, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wirefan
I loved Sophie's reaction to Jeff's question about "This has been a bit of an eye opening tribal... hasn't it?":

"No"

Jeff's reaction was a mix of surprise and how dare you not just go along with my leading questions so I can drum up drama.... Sophie had it dead on, and Jeff needs to stop trying to guide the game for drama's sake. I think this is where being producer and host is really an issue and those roles need to be separate.
I loved that! I agree with your post.
Old 12-01-11, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

As I figured would happen, you chose poooooorly, Cochran.
Old 12-01-11, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan

"No"

Jeff's reaction was a mix of surprise and how dare you not just go along with my leading questions so I can drum up drama.... Sophie had it dead on, and Jeff needs to stop trying to guide the game for drama's sake. I think this is where being producer and host is really an issue and those roles need to be separate. And rather than simply ask her why, he just twice tries to move her off the position to the one he really wanted "No?" "Really?"... how about asking some questions that are neutral rather than loaded? ("has this been an eye opening tribal?"... "Why hasn't it been?")

What did Jeff think was eye opening? That Cochoran and Edna were on the bottom of the totem pole, or that Brandon was obstinate, lacked social skill, is borderline crazy, and is just going to speak his mind with no filter? That tribal was about as predictable as they come and people's comments were pretty much right in line with what you'd expect them to say.

Even at the end he states "this has been one of the most interesting and revealing tribals in the game" (it pretty much revealed nothing extraordinary, unless sticking to the plan is revealing, and it was not really all that interesting)

I thought her answer and his reaction were priceless too. Everything went according to script, but Jeff just wants to manufacture drama.

And it was tremendously lame to recycle past challenges (that weren't interesting to begin with) from this very same season.
Old 12-01-11, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really like Sophie. I hope she and Albert figure out a way to get rid of Coach. She'd be a deserving winner. She does well in challenges and while she hasn't exactly made any big plays she at least seems to be an independent thinker, which is a far cry from the Brandons, Ricks and Ednas of the game.

Sophie just needs to make that big play to get rid of Coach.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
As I figured would happen, you chose poooooorly, Cochran.
I'm not too surprised this happened either but I still can't say he chose poorly. He was the bottom of the totem pole on Savaii too. Best he could have done was finish 6th.. which I guess is still better than 7th. At least this way he got to see the jackasses that he didn't like get pegged off first.

I hope they give them a complicated puzzle on RI next week. Give Cochran a chance.

Originally Posted by chowderhead
they had a chance to watch last season as it aired. Christine talked about pulling a Matt and coming back from Redemption Island when she was still on RI.
Yep. This caught me off guard when she said it because usually they don't get to see the prior season before filming. I guess they had to hold off on filming this season a little to wait for favorable weather.
Old 12-01-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd like to see Rick make a little bit of a run, I was hoping he'd win immunity and show a little bit more of him.
Old 12-01-11, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I thought her answer and his reaction were priceless too. Everything went according to script, but Jeff just wants to manufacture drama.

And it was tremendously lame to recycle past challenges (that weren't interesting to begin with) from this very same season.
Agree on both accounts.
Old 12-01-11, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Poor Sharon Tate.
Old 12-01-11, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Not that it would have made a difference, but Cochran would have been better off with a "You want to take me to the end, since I'm not a threat" strategy than the constant "You owe me!" whining.
I agree. No one on his old tribe, who comprise a good chunk of the jury will EVER vote for this idiot.

I wonder what the over/under is for Brandon killing his family day.

If I was Ozzy, I would consider raping Cochran on RI.
Old 12-01-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

coach is probably trying to hit the final 3 with edna/bradon, rick/brandon or rick/edna since trying for a final 3 with edna/cochran would have been risky
Old 12-01-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

At this point, I think if Coach makes it to the final three, he's set to win against just about anyone except Ozzy. Otherwise, Sophie seems to have the best chance, maybe Albert.

Edna, Rick, Brandon...none of them seem to have a real chance against anyone.
Old 12-01-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
coach is probably trying to hit the final 3 with edna/bradon, rick/brandon or rick/edna since trying for a final 3 with edna/cochran would have been risky
I think Edna is going next week. No one in the group of five has shown any hint of wavering from their plans and Edna is the only one left on their hit list.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.