Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-15, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

If they cancelled both Texas and NY, why start one in Miami?
Old 09-24-15, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
If they cancelled both Texas and NY, why start one in Miami?
They're probably looking to strike gold twice. Even if the spin-off isn't a hit, they're cheap enough to make that it's probably worthwhile to keep trying. Plus, it could be a source of new blood for the original show, as Mary going from Texas to the original show illustrates.
Old 09-24-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Plus, Texas and NY had a lot of boring lockers. Miami might be more interesting.
Old 09-27-15, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Traxan
Plus, Texas and NY had a lot of boring lockers. Miami might be more interesting.
Would never think NY could have boring lockers. It's NY! Joe was constantly making tons of money.
Old 10-06-15, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well they wasted no time with this one. Happened in the first five minutes.

For those who missed it: Mary was clearly bidding on a locker but Dan missed her and sold it to Rene. Dave said he saw her bid. As they walked to the next locker, Dan talked to her and said he'd keep an eye on her next time. Dave kept harping on that he saw it. Yeah it was annoying but he's done way worse. Laura got into his face and told him to shut up or get out. Dave repeated he was just saying what he saw.

Next then you know Dan is in his face, Dave was yelling "open your eyes" and then did the last thing I would expect, he shoved Dan and it went to hell. Mostly it was Dan and Dave locking up but then Laura was smacking Dave in the head from behind, not hard shots, but he had the reflexive action of throwing Laura down, and that's when Dan started throwing fists. It was the bidders and A&E people who broke it up because you could see them throwing clipboards down to jump in and separate the men. Laura was livid and threw Dave out. She accused him of hitting her first when she was clearly smacking him in the head from behind. Again, it didn't warrant throwing her down but I can understand a reflexive reaction if you don't know who is hitting you from behind.

Now, assuming this wasn't scripted by a WWE writer, the Dotsons were out of line. Yes Dave was annoying. he was also right. Dan fucked up and missed a bid. But there was no excuse for that. A&E showed several shots of thermostats (it was 103, they were in Palm Springs) as if that was the reason.

On the plus side, next week is a special show called "Barry Strikes Back," which looks like him revisiting old episodes with the cast. The black dude he befriended is sitting with him. It almost looked like a late night talk show style. Sure beats that awful show he had.

Last edited by Traxan; 10-06-15 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-07-15, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

That actually sounds more interesting than I expected.
Old 10-07-15, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Miami was about what I expected. Lots of Spanish accents and goofy Floridians. Lots of eye candy, too. One of the women didn't hesitate to whip her top off and work in the sunshine in a bikini top. Now why can't Brandi do that?

I kinda liked the auctioneer. He was a retired news anchor who shifted to auctions, so he had the perfect voice for it.
Old 10-07-15, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Barry is back? I'm in!
Old 10-08-15, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Miami was about what I expected. Lots of Spanish accents and goofy Floridians. Lots of eye candy, too. One of the women didn't hesitate to whip her top off and work in the sunshine in a bikini top. Now why can't Brandi do that?

I kinda liked the auctioneer. He was a retired news anchor who shifted to auctions, so he had the perfect voice for it.
I don't think it'd work as well for Brandi. She's pretty but looks better in colorful clothes, hats and sunglasses.
Old 10-13-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So the Barry special is in his garage, with all the cool cars, where he and Kenny watch past episodes in a MST3K form with Barry making snides.

The show added another couple. The cast is getting a bit big now. They did do something different: for once they showed crap lockers no one would bid on. Usually every locker gets bought and valuables are found but this episode had a bunch of no-go lockers.

Last edited by Traxan; 10-14-15 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-14-15, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

So the Barry special is in his garage, with all the cool cars, where he and Kenny watch past episodes in a MST3K form with Barry making snides.
I'm recording that. My DVR shows it as just another episode of Storage Wars, with the episode title "Barry Strikes Back," airing 10/20.
Old 10-14-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It looks like they just took one episode for last night's 'Barry Strikes Back' episode, rather than draw from a bunch of episodes. So at that rate, they will have plenty of fodder for him and Kenny. It's a nice way to get Barry back involved without him going to the auctions, which he seems to dislike. he can just sit in his garage and make jokes. But Kenny is useless. He just sat there and laughed stupidly.
Old 10-14-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I enjoyed Barry ripping on the others. Barry's place is a little strange, like a museum of garbage he's won in auction.
Old 10-15-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still watching but mostly fast forward to see what's in the locker an skip the bidding nonsense.

The Miami show cast is... no bueno. I feel it took the original cast a little while to become stereotypes of themselves. These jokers are already there.
Old 10-15-15, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah. I'm not enjoying the Miami one at all. I'll just stick to the original.
Old 10-15-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like the cast of Miami better than the Texas or New York attempts. There is no super annoying person on the Miami cast like those shows.
Old 10-15-15, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Miami isn't bad. They are just trying to play up the Miami persona and character. The accents are way to contrived. I don't mind them.
Old 10-19-15, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Off to a good start.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/19/storag...viewing-party/

“Storage Wars: Miami” star Kevin Pew tackled and wrestled a gun out of his son’s hands after he allegedly shot and killed a family friend … this according to a police report obtained by TMZ.

The story of the shooting surfaced last week, but we've now learned the TV show was the backdrop for the violence.

Pew, his son and others were at a viewing party in Pembroke Pines, FL for the 'Storage Wars' spin-off.

Cops say the Pews and family friend Janel Hamilton were watching when Hamilton left the room to grab a blanket. They heard a gunshot, ran into the room and saw Hamilton on the floor. Kevin’s son, Hashim, allegedly walked over, fired a second shot at her and said, “She’s dead as f***, dawg.”

According to the police report, Kevin tackled his son to the ground, wrestled a .9mm out of his hands and restrained him until cops arrived and took the 23-year-old into custody.

The son has been charged with first degree murder.
Old 10-19-15, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That is crazy, I wonder how much these reality shows investigate the people they cover before putting them on the air.
Old 10-19-15, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I doubt they care, especially given some of the cast of Bering Sea Gold. Plus, Jarred Schulz did some time in the can, too.
Old 10-20-15, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow....a nonsensical shooting resulting in a arrest on murder charges. Thats a rare thing to happen in the USA. I admit though that watching an episode of this show these days would probably make me want to kill someone. Started off fun.....finished being fun around series 2.
Old 10-20-15, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Something a little different tonight. Rene's dad Gunter joined him on the auctions. I thought it was BS but he was the real deal. Gunter Nezhoda was a hired gun musician who played bass for Pat Travers, Leslie West, Michael Schenker, George Lynch, and Aynsley Dunbar among others. He quit music 10 years ago to be an actor. Not sure what kind of work he gets looking like that, basically Rene with long gray hair. And a German accent.

Oh, and Hester returned. :\ And do any MMA fans recognize Maverick?

Last edited by Traxan; 10-20-15 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-21-15, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Never seen Maverick (or Mavrick, depending where you look) fight at all. But I think he was pretty low-level. From what I've read, he had a bunch of fights against some guys who apparently were known for throwing fights. then he had 3 against real opponents and lost them all ...

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mavrick-Harvey-6523

Looks like he also did some terrible reality show too ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgW_poFCvU

And here he is getting taken out with one punch in a kickboxing contest ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyi-TacCZws
Old 10-21-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Geez the ring entrances took longer than that kickboxing fight. And it didn't look like a hard hit, either.
Old 10-21-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phodg
Never seen Maverick (or Mavrick, depending where you look) fight at all. But I think he was pretty low-level. From what I've read, he had a bunch of fights against some guys who apparently were known for throwing fights. then he had 3 against real opponents and lost them all ...

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mavrick-Harvey-6523

Looks like he also did some terrible reality show too ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgW_poFCvU

And here he is getting taken out with one punch in a kickboxing contest ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyi-TacCZws
Ok, now do some research on his wife/GF.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.