Old 11-20-11, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Homeland -- "Achilles Heel" -- 11/20/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
As Carrie and Saul reel from the news that Walker is alive, the intelligence community clashes on the best way to capture him; Brody learns a shocking truth about his captivity.

Episode 8 of 12

Promo:

<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1270731484001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1270731484001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 11-20-11, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Homeland -- "Achilles Heel" -- 11/20/11

This show has been fantastic! I didn't see that twist coming at all last week with Walker. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Old 11-20-11, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I almost shit myself when I saw who was in the chair.

Did. Not. See. That. Coming.
Old 11-21-11, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need moar nao
Old 11-21-11, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Holy crap I didn't see that ending coming at all. I'll share more thoughts in the morning and after I read some other thoughts.
Old 11-21-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

The party scene was filmed at a house about 2 miles from here. Had I known Morena Baccarin was that close... well, OK, I wouldn't have done anything. But it's still kind of neat.
Old 11-21-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm super glad that they're keeping Brody involved with all this on some level. Yet again no one is in the clear, which is fantastic.
Old 11-21-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Okay, this was another solid episode.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from last night's twist, I'm getting that Brody is indeed involved with Abu Nazir and is a "Turned POW" Even though his motives are still unclear.

But, he didn't know that Nazir also kept Walker alive as a 2nd "Turned POW" and that's why he got mad and threatened that Nazir associate at the end.

I love how this show throws all these twists. BTW, this episode was written by former Dexter showrunner Chip Johannenssen. Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa have done a fantastic job with this show. Their writing staff is doing an awesome job and I'm sure they are loving the fact this is a premium cable show and they aren't strangleheld by network and FCC restrictions.

I also liked the scene where Carrie was confessing her affair with Brody to Saul. I liked how she didn't have to spell things out. It was good to see the characters make up after a few weeks of tension.

I had to laugh during the chase sequence with Walker that he conveniently ran into a Muslim mosque.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-21-11 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-21-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Or did he plan on walking into the mosque, knowing he could create such an incident?

Wasn't totally shocked that it was Brody in the chair at the end, as I suspected that he wasn't totally in the clear, what with the way this show is going. Love seeing how this is going to play out...

Some speculation based on the preview for next week:
Spoiler:
Nazir's associate has inside info that Brody is going to be involved with political office. The show has already hinted that the terrorists want Walker to assassinate the President, so it seems like one possibility for whatever the overall goal is is to have an agent (Brody) in some high level of the US Government. This might be a bit too much like 24, but is it possibly that even the VP or the lady who threw the party know about the plot?
Old 11-21-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Every episode has been great this year, not a dull moment for the full hour. As great as all the twists are in this show, I like that they are delving into the personal lives of all these people and how their professional lives take their toll on their personal lives.

"I'm think I'm going to be alone the rest of my life."
Old 11-21-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Every episode has been great this year, not a dull moment for the full hour. As great as all the twists are in this show, I like that they are delving into the personal lives of all these people and how their professional lives take their toll on their personal lives.

"I'm think I'm going to be alone the rest of my life."
Agree. That was an interesting line by Carrie. It showed that her dedication to this profession has taken a major toll on her personal life.

It was actually nice in this episode to see Brody and Jessica get along after several weeks of tension.
Old 11-21-11, 08:44 PM

Not much discussion on this episode?
Old 11-21-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by bdshort
I have to assume it's still sitting on alot of folks DVRs. And of course there's those lurkers who like to read threads, but have nothing to say.
Old 11-22-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
I had to laugh during the chase sequence with Walker that he conveniently ran into a Muslim mosque.
I don't think there was anything convenient about it. I'm assuming he has converted to islam as well as brody, and therefore probably has been in that mosque numerous times. That means he knows when people will be there, and how to get out of the place.
Old 11-22-11, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

With New York/Philly on Sunday night and New England playing on Monday night I have a feeling that people still have this sitting on the DVR.

I watched it late last night and thought it was another fantastic episode. The Brody twist was great but again, we still don't know his level of involvement. I want to say that it's safe to say he's been turned but I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another twist thrown in there.
Old 11-22-11, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just when I was thinking that Brody's storyline was going to become the family drama portion of the show, BAM!!
Old 11-22-11, 09:45 PM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Another great episode.

It seems like this show just started and there are now only 4 episodes left in Season 1.
Old 11-22-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Or did he plan on walking into the mosque, knowing he could create such an incident?
I think that's exactly what he did
might not have been planning it as soon as he ran, but if he had been spending time in that neighborhood he might have remembered the mosque was there during the chase and headed in that direction
Old 11-23-11, 01:52 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

With 4 episodes left after this one things were going way to smoothly for Brody not to be in the chair

I'm still enjoying it, but I hope it doesn't turn into 24 or The Killing with nonsensical twists and characters going back and forth between appearing good and evil. This show has developed much stronger characters than those other two.
Old 11-23-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I'm still enjoying it, but I hope it doesn't turn into 24 or The Killing with nonsensical twists and characters going back and forth between appearing good and evil. This show has developed much stronger characters than those other two.
I agree. The Killing was horrible for that... kept doing everything possible to make us think the person was responsible for Rosey's death, and then come up with some stupid twist/explanation to show us otherwise. It got old very quick and became so predictable that you'd just waste time watching them try to make someone look guilty when you know they aren't.

Let's hope this show doesn't go down that road. But at least the characters are great and so is the dialog. Keeps me interested. The Killing was lacking in so many departments.
Old 11-24-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
I agree. The Killing was horrible for that... kept doing everything possible to make us think the person was responsible for Rosey's death, and then come up with some stupid twist/explanation to show us otherwise. It got old very quick and became so predictable that you'd just waste time watching them try to make someone look guilty when you know they aren't.

Let's hope this show doesn't go down that road. But at least the characters are great and so is the dialog. Keeps me interested. The Killing was lacking in so many departments.
Even if it does, the ride at least has been enjoyable. The Killing was a chore to watch.
Old 11-25-11, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife and I started watching this show last Tuesday, it was a marathon session Tuesday and Wednesday. She loves spies shows and thought this was an excellent show. I also fell in love with it.

I thought every episode was perfect, top notch television. I decided to drop The Walking Dead, so this should fill that void on Sundays. And of course a big, huge, upgrade.
Old 11-26-11, 01:26 AM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
My wife and I started watching this show last Tuesday, it was a marathon session Tuesday and Wednesday. She loves spies shows and thought this was an excellent show. I also fell in love with it.

I thought every episode was perfect, top notch television. I decided to drop The Walking Dead, so this should fill that void on Sundays. And of course a big, huge, upgrade.
Yeah, me too. I quit on Walking Dead last season. Homeland is Must See TV for me.
Old 11-26-11, 12:18 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

I think that the main terrorist plot involves Brody achieving elected office for some as-yet-unknown reason and Nazir sent Walker back as a diversion to take attention/suspicion away from Brody.
Old 11-26-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
I think that the main terrorist plot involves Brody achieving elected office for some as-yet-unknown reason and Nazir sent Walker back as a diversion to take attention/suspicion away from Brody.
Yeah, that seems to be the case.

This show is awesome. I love how they don't really telegraph any of these twists, so you never know what the hell is going on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.