TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy -- "Brick" -- 10/04/11

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Brick" -- 10/04/11

Originally Posted by pelenor

Writer: The fans loved the whole Ireland story, they'll love this one too.

As horrible as that season was, at least kidnapping a baby is more believable than this plot line.
Old 10-06-11, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This show has always been a great big heaping mass of contradictions, inconsistencies, and illogical fallacies. Watching it requires a major suspension of disbelief.

Still, I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last season.
Old 10-06-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nevermind

As horrible as that season was, at least kidnapping a baby is more believable than this plot line.
Old 10-09-11, 06:06 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't like the John Teller stuff, it feels like it's the end of the show

The juice storyline, i don't understand it at all, what was he asked to do ? what hold does the sheriff have over him aside from the black daddy thing ?
Old 10-09-11, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I don't like the John Teller stuff, it feels like it's the end of the show

The juice storyline, i don't understand it at all, what was he asked to do ? what hold does the sheriff have over him aside from the black daddy thing ?
Nothing. All of the sudden, the Sons are racist, even though:

1) Their closet current affiliation is the Latino Mayans;

2) They buy all of their ammo from Native Americans; and

3) Their cousin club is the all-African American Grim Reapers;

Sutter is flat out of ideas, he's resorted to changing canon in the series and making himself a major character this season.

Pathetic. Close to giving up on this garbage.
Old 10-09-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first season was good; second season was great; third season was absolute garbage; and this season has been better than the third, but suffers from a lot of problems.

It started out great and looked as though the show was going to get back on track. New characters, back in Charming, and focusing on the club. However, it's quickly derailed with the Juice storyline, which makes no sense whatsoever and spits in the face of what's been firmly established on the show. They already have Hispanic members and are allied with other Blacks and Hispanics, and yet Juice being Black would be a problem for the Club?

Not only that, but do they actually expect us to believe that Juice being a nark would be viewed in a more favorable light by the Club than him being Black?

It's insulting, and what's worse is Sutter probably thinks he's doing a good job with this storyline, just like he felt the Irish storyline was great as well. Aside from the Juice stuff though, I really do like everything else that is going on with the Cartel, the US Attorney, and the letters. There's a lot of potential here, but it's being weighed down by an unnecessary and illogical plot.

Originally Posted by thelwig14
If Juice would have come clean, Tig would have made a race joke, everyone would laugh, and then Jax and Opie would have hugged Juice and said we don't care, we love you.

Originally Posted by pelenor
Writer: Well that was a cool way of getting rid of the undercover FBI agent.

Writer2: Yeah but with him gone, the set up we have with the DA isn't going to work now.

Writer: How about we involve Juice, you know he is Puerto Rican from Queens so we can have him have a Black father and be threatened with that being told to Samcro, who we all know hate Blacks and Mexicans, since neither are in the club, unless he becomes a snitch.

Writer2: Yeah, but didn't we establish that the Grim Reapers were a brother club and all black? Not to mention that the SAMTAZ chapter has hispanics, not to mention Happy?

Writer: The fans loved the whole Ireland story, they'll love this one too.

Old 10-09-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Nothing. All of the sudden, the Sons are racist, even though:

1) Their closet current affiliation is the Latino Mayans;

2) They buy all of their ammo from Native Americans; and

3) Their cousin club is the all-African American Grim Reapers;

Sutter is flat out of ideas, he's resorted to changing canon in the series and making himself a major character this season.

Pathetic. Close to giving up on this garbage.
didn't they also used to sell guns to black gang bangers?
Old 10-10-11, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's no use parsing business dealings for clues as to how SAMCRO members feel about the various races. When it comes to business, they only see green, and would get in bed with Satan himself to get it.
Old 10-10-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the Juice storyline is actually not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. If they told it right, it would be a good one.

I don't think the Sons would be thrilled to find out Juice knew about his black father and hid it, but I don't think they'd kick him out of the club at this point. He took a shiv for them. He's a brother to them, and you don't kick family out. I do think the lack of any black member suggests that while they might have good relations with the Bastards there is a wall there and we shouldn't ever expect there to be a black member of the MC. I don't think it's exactly racism. It's more like racial separation. I guess what I'm saying there is that the Sons wouldn't be the KKK members -- they'd be the businessmen who were all too happy to serve the blacks out of the back door but didn't want them coming in the front.

I think what is really missing here is a dialogue between the US Attorney and the deputy sheriff about how they need to convince Juice that the club would forsake him and some event that would in Juice's mind corroborate that. Frankly, I haven't ever found Juice to be the most streetwise member of the club or the one with the most common sense. I can buy him as the weak link, but I do agree they needed to set that up better.
Old 10-10-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
There's no use parsing business dealings for clues as to how SAMCRO members feel about the various races. When it comes to business, they only see green, and would get in bed with Satan himself to get it.
Their cousin club is the Grim Reapers, which immediately trashes your theory.
Old 10-10-11, 02:52 PM

As to Juice and the brick, maybe this is the way the Sons are split from the Cartel and Mayans, starting up another war, that comes to Charming where the Sheriff has to decide who's side he needs to be on to keep peace. This screws Clay getting his payday. It gets the storyline back on track that the Sons deal guns but not drugs. It brings them closer together since they have a powerful outside enemy to deal with. It brings the Sheriff in conflict with the USADA as to whose side he's actually on.
No, I can see quite a few stories playing out from the missing brick. As to the black thing, I think it gets dropped for the greater good of Charming. Most likely I see Unser being a casualty of the war. Hale gets his comeuppance with all the gunfire as no one wants to move to a war zone. I see lots of wins. Now will it go that way??
Old 10-10-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said before though, the biggest problem with the Juice storyline isn't that the Sons are racist (which I don't exactly think they are)...it's that Juice would actually think him ratting out the club is a better alternative to just telling them he's black. For the former they will undoubtedly kill him; for the latter they'll at worst kick him out of the club.
Old 10-10-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Their cousin club is the Grim Reapers, which immediately trashes your theory.
Huh? Are you referring to the Grim Bastards?
Not sure how having a cousin club that is all black trashes the theory that SAMCRO will deal with anyone when their is money to be made.