Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "End Times" -- 10/2/11

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Breaking Bad -- "End Times" -- 10/2/11

They obviously know that the laundry facility is under scrutiny, as Walt was bringing Hank there. It's not a shocker that they would completely clean the place up just in case there was more visitors. Of course they were ready for it. They did the same thing with the chicken farm.
Old 10-03-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

LOVED IT.

I wonder what made Gus not go to his car?
Old 10-03-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

After watching this episode, I thought Gus was responsible for poisoning Brock, but after reading this forum and other places, I'm starting to have doubts. Could it have been Walt after all. The evidence seems to be that he seemed to be waiting outside by the pool for someone to come and kill him unti he spun the gun and it pointed away from him. Then he seemed to get a new idea. Was it to poison Brock? Or was it to just hole himself up inside his house. I hope this gets resolved in the finale.
Old 10-03-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
Also, what was the point of the gun spinning and landing on the plant? That seemed to be a trigger for Walt, something clicked for him when that happened.
I think it could have had a couple different meanings. Walt had just said goodbye to his family and was not expecting to ever see them again. The first two times he spun the gun it landed on him, confirming his belief that he wouldn't survive. The last time it pointed away from him, which gave him a slither of hope that he could make it out of this alive. The fact that it pointed towards the plant could also have triggered the idea to make a bomb. You could tell that the wheels started turning after staring at the plant. I'm no bomb expert, but I think fertilizer can be used to make one.
Old 10-03-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
LOVED IT.

I wonder what made Gus not go to his car?
Cause he's always thinking 10 steps ahead. Mental note, never play chess with Gus...
Old 10-03-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

If that's the case, then Gus should pull this up on his laptop every once in a while.

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...-crap.php#more
Old 10-03-11, 03:36 PM

I don't think there's any reason to believe Gomie or the other guys are working with Gus, they very clearly only shut off the machines in the meth lab after the agents started looking around, like they were taken by surprise.

At first I thought that Brock had sneaked a smoke from Jesse, and then maybe thought he'd found a drug he could snort inside, to try and 'be cool'....but now the whole timeline of what happened with the ricin is kind of murky. I don't think Saul's bodyguard is quick-fingered enough to pull a specific cigarette out of Jesse's pack that fast?
Old 10-03-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
Then how did the manager know to expect them? Was there another DEA agent in the room when Hank started pressuring Gomez? It had to be either Gomex or the canine cop, or is Gus so good that he has influtrated the canine training facility and had the dogs trained to not recognize the blue scent?
as for your comment as to the manager, i'm not sure what you mean. it didn't look like he was expecting anyone. he seemed sort of confused by it all and was more interested in not getting in trouble with the law enforcement rather than his boss.

as for your comments about the drug dog, drug dogs aren't bloodhounds. they usually only detect drugs when they are right up on it. that's why you see the handler pointing to specific areas for the dog to come up to smell to see if they get a scent. secondly, the underground lab has a ridiculous ventilation system. we see them pop it off the big equipment all the time. third, the dog is in a place were all the other chemicals are readily used, so just because it may smell a precursor chemical used in making meth, it's not going to hit on it as a drug because it is synthesized into something completely different.
Old 10-03-11, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think Walt poisoned Brock. As the main character, we see the horrible decisions he makes. They show us exactly what he does and says to get himself in trouble.

If he poisoned the little kid, he would not have left the gun on the couch when Jesse came over. He had no idea that Brock was poisoned.

He was freaking out, holding a gun, and watching out the window. He was not composed. He was not waiting for or expecting Jesse. If Walt poisoned Brock or thought Jesse believed that Walt had poisoned Brock, he would have held onto that gun when Jesse came to his house.
Old 10-03-11, 06:54 PM

To me, the ending implicated immediately that it was either Walt who poisoned the boy, or the boy wasn't poisoned at all. I think the fact that Gus thought about it, and decided he had been led into a trap means he had nothing to do with it.

I'm leaning towards the kid not being poisoned at all, but they did a good job of leaving it open. Most likely though, I think Jesse just went a little insane at the thought he was responsible and immediately got all paranoid about it. The fact that it was never corroborated by the doctors that the kid was actually poisoned is significant to me. The mom shaking her head could just as easily be suspicion that Jesse was using again and that's why he had freaked out.

This way, the boy lives, but Jesse's paranoia over who to trust ultimately forced everyone to show their hand, and Jesse will now be on Walt's side once again.
Old 10-03-11, 07:31 PM

Btw, this video clip on the AMC website pretty much points to exactly who is behind the poisoning: http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...-412-end-times
Old 10-03-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

I also dont think the boy was poisoned at all. The timelines don't work from any perspective and it would be difficult to do without anyone noticing (other than Jesse - and we know he didnt do it obviously).

As for Gomez, I suspected he had some involvment a few episodes ago - but his actions this episode don't seem to point that way. I think his pause at the one scene was just for dramatic effect - since he wound up taking the picture anyways. Is Hank suspicious of Gomez though? He seems to have an attitude with his police work and after his comment while looking at the pictures "clean as a whistle... or so he says".

I still find it odd that Hank can piece together that the new threat on his life is related to his snooping around, yet he still doesn't wonder about Walt suspicious behaviour.
Old 10-03-11, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
as for your comment as to the manager, i'm not sure what you mean. it didn't look like he was expecting anyone. he seemed sort of confused by it all and was more interested in not getting in trouble with the law enforcement rather than his boss.

as for your comments about the drug dog, drug dogs aren't bloodhounds. they usually only detect drugs when they are right up on it. that's why you see the handler pointing to specific areas for the dog to come up to smell to see if they get a scent. secondly, the underground lab has a ridiculous ventilation system. we see them pop it off the big equipment all the time. third, the dog is in a place were all the other chemicals are readily used, so just because it may smell a precursor chemical used in making meth, it's not going to hit on it as a drug because it is synthesized into something completely different.
Wasn't there a scene at the end of the warehouse search when the manager got on his cell and told Tony Todd that they were clear? He has to be in on it, heck the employees knew something was going on.

And the comment about the drug dogs was just a joke.
Old 10-03-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

^Who the hell is Tony Todd? Do you mean Tyrus? That's who the manager called to give the all clear.

I don't think Walt had anything to do with the poisoning, it was all Gus' doing. He's very meticulous and plays it safe, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had bugged Walt and Jesse's homes/phones to learn about the cigarette.

And there's nothing that tipped Gus off to the car bomb. If you were someone in Gus' position wouldn't you take every precaution and be extra paranoid? People want you dead. If I realized as I was walking back to the car that had been left unattended I wouldn't take the chance either.

Last edited by Osiris3657; 10-03-11 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-03-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He's obviously in on the drug operation, but Gomez isn't.
Old 10-03-11, 08:46 PM
DBP
Cool New Member

The second-to-last shot of the episode, the last close-up shot of Walt, pans up to show Walt's glasses on top of his forehead center frame. This image is held a little longer than normally would be the case, suggesting Gus was possibly spooked by the sun glinting off of the glasses. It was a pretty careless mistake.
Old 10-03-11, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
snip...

And there's nothing that tipped Gus off to the car bomb. If you were someone in Gus' position wouldn't you take every precaution and be extra paranoid? People want you dead. If I realized as I was walking back to the car that had been left unattended I wouldn't take the chance either.
Yes, we can't forget... Gus is "a very cautious and careful man."

Of course it could be argued that being cautious and careful would mean not leaving your vehicle unattended when it could be vulnerable to tampering.
Old 10-03-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by andicus
Yes, we can't forget... Gus is "a very cautious and careful man."

Of course it could be argued that being cautious and careful would mean not leaving your vehicle unattended when it could be vulnerable to tampering.
Especially in an empty parking garage.
Which by the way, made me laugh. Have you ever been to a hospital in the middle of the afternoon and find the parking garage that empty?
Old 10-03-11, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AVP77
Btw, this video clip on the AMC website pretty much points to exactly who is behind the poisoning: http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...-412-end-times
Yeah, but it's basically a commentary by the actors. Nothing official.
Old 10-03-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In the video they were talking about Gus choosing to go to edge of the very top floor for that reason.
Old 10-03-11, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Especially in an empty parking garage.
Which by the way, made me laugh. Have you ever been to a hospital in the middle of the afternoon and find the parking garage that empty?
In the video they were talking about Gus choosing to park on outer edges of the very top floor to be isolated.
Old 10-03-11, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clip from next week's episode:
Spoiler:
<object id="flashObj" width="456" height="388" classid="clsid<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1196112566001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fbreaking-bad-sneak-peek-episode-413-face-off&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1196112566001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fbreaking-bad-sneak-peek-episode-413-face-off&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Old 10-03-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DBP
The second-to-last shot of the episode, the last close-up shot of Walt, pans up to show Walt's glasses on top of his forehead center frame. This image is held a little longer than normally would be the case, suggesting Gus was possibly spooked by the sun glinting off of the glasses. It was a pretty careless mistake.
Good catch, I didn't put it together that that's what might have tipped Gus off. I was just worried the light was gonna reflect off them and really give Walt away...
Old 10-03-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kstublen
Clip from next week's episode:
Spoiler:
<object id="flashObj" width="456" height="388" classid="clsid<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1196112566001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fbreaking-bad-sneak-peek-episode-413-face-off&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1196112566001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fbreaking-bad-sneak-peek-episode-413-face-off&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Spoiler:
I think that gun will finally find a use.
Old 10-03-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

God this show is so damn good. Can't believe that next week is already the season finale . I really don't know what to think on what happened to Brock. Walt didn't really seem to have the time to be able to do it and as bad as he is I don't know that he would go that far. I could see Gus having done it for as Walt told Jesse, it would've given Jesse the perfect reason for wanting to finally kill him and Gus knew that Jesse probably wouldn't have budged on allowing him to take Walt out without some consequence. Plus as others have mentioned I really don't think Walt would have just left the gun lying there if there was a chance that Jesse would kill him if he thought that he poisoned Brock. I'm kind of glad that Walt's pipe bomb idea didn't work out. I mean I realize that at this point he's desperate to take Gus out but he has to realize that would be a bad idea to assassinate Gus and his crew so publicly.

Last edited by Mike86; 10-03-11 at 11:27 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.