Old 09-19-11, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- Season Premiere -- "Ha'i'ole" -- 9/19/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
While McGarrett sits in prison awaiting trial for the murder of the governor, Danny brings him a surprise visitor to help clear him. Meanwhile, Kono is suspended for the force, pending an internal investigation, on the second season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0.

Guest starring:

Terry O'Quinn (Lost)
Richard T. Jones (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles)

O'Quinn and Jones are going to be recurring guest stars this season. I like their additions.

Trailer:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uq5DRz390ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To the 5-O gang coming back. Can't wait. I'm also picking up season 1 on BD at Best Buy on Tuesday.
Old 09-19-11, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Hawaii Five-O -- Season Premiere -- "Ha'i'ole" -- 9/19/11

Forgot to mention

Masi Oka (Hiro from Heroes) is a new series regular this season. He played Dr. Max Bergman last season.

Lauren German (Hostel 2, Happy Town) is also joining the cast as a possible series regular.
Old 09-19-11, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Hell to the yea! Can't wait! I can finally watch in glorious HD now. I feel so privileged. hahaha
Old 09-19-11, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, McGarrett is crazy!

I wonder if the writers for this show watched AMC's The Killing.

Last edited by Dragon Tattoo; 09-19-11 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-19-11, 10:04 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Wow. They pulled so much stuff out of thin air and found neat little ways to tie things up and make things pretty, kinda like watching an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

But I lived it!!!

That last scene with Wo Fat and the revelation of his "mole" was a WTH?! moment.
Old 09-19-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Wow. They pulled so much stuff out of thin air and found neat little ways to tie things up and make things pretty, kinda like watching an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

But I lived it!!!

That last scene with Wo Fat and the revelation of his "mole" was a WTH?! moment.
Did not see that coming! Glad this show is back. Danny calling Bergman "Kermit" had me
Old 09-20-11, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

that big boat got an awefully huge lead on the speed boat in a really short amount of time
it was just pulling out of the dock and then suddenly it's miles off shore?
Old 09-20-11, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Wow, that episode was jam packed. Lots of action.

I liked O'Quinn as Joe White. I hope he sticks around awhile as an unofficial member of the team.

I actually felt bad for Danno that wasn't his kid with the ex.

That twist at the end was fucked up. I was actually starting to like Jenna. That prison was pretty damn quiet and how the hell did Wo Fat just casually walk in there and brutally murder Victor Hesse with noone around. At least they are keeping Wo Fat around as the recurring villain.

at Max Bergman's key chain and license plate= "Warp 9" Again, if you don't get it....Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who are writer/producers on 5-0 wrote the Star Trek reboot movie.
Old 09-20-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A mole! You should be ashamed, Alex Mack.

at Danno and Chin just casually parking in front of the Governer's mansion, walking into the office and destroying government property. And I guess since he was exonerated from the murder charge, they'll just forget McGarrett escaping from prison, beating the shit out of the EMS guy, assaulting an officer, and stealing a cop gun & police car. Water under the bridge!

Loved seeing Kono kicking some ass.

to the lieut. gov. taking away Five-0's immunity. Nobody puts Five-0 in a corner, pal.

Nice to have this show back.
Old 09-20-11, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
A mole! You should be ashamed, Alex Mack.

at Danno and Chin just casually parking in front of the Governer's mansion, walking into the office and destroying government property. And I guess since he was exonerated from the murder charge, they'll just forget McGarrett escaping from prison, beating the shit out of the EMS guy, assaulting an officer, and stealing a cop gun & police car. Water under the bridge!

Loved seeing Kono kicking some ass.

to the lieut. gov. taking away Five-0's immunity. Nobody puts Five-0 in a corner, pal.

Nice to have this show back.
yeah but I liked how McGarrett highly emphasized if he gets put in a really dangerous situation and has to make a split second decision. Then the Governor said...Okay.

Poor HPD Cop and EMS guys. They got their ass kicked for nothing.
Old 09-20-11, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
yeah but I liked how McGarrett highly emphasized if he gets put in a really dangerous situation and has to make a split second decision. Then the Governor said...Okay.
True. Hopefully that means the boys won't think twice about hanging people off buildings or threatening to feed them to sharks.
Old 09-20-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

absolutely loved the premiere! I haven't been that shocked by a twist since the days of 24. kickass!
Old 09-20-11, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got a definite 24 vibe from this episode. Great stuff.
Old 09-20-11, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Hell to the yea! Can't wait! I can finally watch in glorious HD now. I feel so privileged. hahaha
Watched the show last night on my new 55 Inch Samsung, wow!

Loved it.

Over The Air for free, no Comcast.

The last 3 seconds of the show blew me away, I was not ready for it.

But, I did tell me wife last year something funny was up with that character, could be working working for the "Fat". The problem is I forgot about it as I started liking the character.
Old 09-20-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI,
If your going to pick up the Best Buy Exclusive Hawaii Five-O season 1 Blu-Ray, I would call 1st to see if they even have it in stock. I picked up the last copy at my local store. 2 other stores in my area were sold out. I have a feeling since this is a Best Buy exclusive, quantities might be limited.

I know not many of you want to pay $40+ for TV on BD, but this show deserves to be watch on BD and if more people purchase this set, it might entice CBS to release more of their shows on BD. I'm more than happy to support a show I'm a fan of and pay that price.
Old 09-21-11, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

But I lived it!!!

Yep. Did a very loud "WHAT?" when the scene played when I watched it on DVR today.
Old 09-21-11, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

We'll apparently just look past the 3 people you assaulted during your jailbreak, McGarrett.

The state of Hawaii apparently hires complete retards for security in their prisons and gov's mansion.
Old 09-22-11, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Yeah, never mind the whole judiciary system and skip submitting new evidence to clear your name and expedite your release from prison. We'll just take the cuffs off a fugitive in broad daylight and let him on his way.
Old 09-22-11, 10:56 AM

Action was too much, too soon. This would have played better as a 2 parter to build more character and back story.

As to submitting new evidence, was he ever tried and found guilty? If the answer is no then the cops can release him without the courts. Happens all the time. Well not really because as effed up as our system is once the cops decide you are guilty they stop looking for anyone else and even exclude evidence that may prove your innoncence, but that's for a different topic.
Old 09-24-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Kono not reinstated into 5-0, but it's all good that she can kill the German with no repercussions. Nice surprise ending, but too bad it's a mole. Will have to go back to where she was first introduced to see if the scenario works.

C'mon Grace, you've been in Hawaii a while now, get your pidgin down.

I don't see why it's hard to belive Wo Fat could walk into prison and kill Marsters. He was the one that originally set up McGarrett being shanked so he certainly has the guards in his pocket.
Old 09-24-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Amazing episode! Best thing ive watched this week
Old 09-25-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really like this show and the ending was good, but the whole gov. shooting was wrapped up a little to quick and neat and as one poster said "out of thin air". It would have been nice for them to make a good arc out of it. But it still is the best "cop" show on TV right now, so I'll continue to tune in.
Old 09-25-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Didn't see the mole coming at all, but it was a great twist...especially because I find her character annoying.

So...my biggest laugh this episode was when they jumped in the speedboat. Where did that boat come from? Where did they get the keys? Did I miss something? LOL

I agree with That'sAllFolks--I wish they'd have given 5-0's return a story arc of a few episodes to happen. Don't know why they felt they needed to wrap everything up nicely in episode #1 of the season.

Still, great fun show if you just go with it. :P
Old 09-25-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to see the laughs are back, best comedy show on tv right now!
Old 09-25-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Didn't see the mole coming at all, but it was a great twist...especially because I find her character annoying.

So...my biggest laugh this episode was when they jumped in the speedboat. Where did that boat come from? Where did they get the keys? Did I miss something? LOL

I agree with That'sAllFolks--I wish they'd have given 5-0's return a story arc of a few episodes to happen. Don't know why they felt they needed to wrap everything up nicely in episode #1 of the season.

Still, great fun show if you just go with it. :P
I think they wanted to get the 5-0 team back together ASAP because while Wo Fat as of right now is the running arc, most of the episodes have to be standalone plots for international sales and the new syndication deal with TNT.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.