Old 09-12-11, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Lying Game -- "Over Exposed" -- 9/12/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Emma worries about running for homecoming queen in the guise of Sutton, relying on Ethan to get her through it while jeopardizing the secrecy of their relationship. Elsewhere, Alec's suspicions about Sutton being missing grow.

Episode 5 of 10

Looking forward to chatting with myself tonight about this episode.
Old 09-12-11, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's getting good. I've always liked Alexandra Chando since she was on As The World Turns. Hard to believe she's 25. Now I get to see twice as much of her.
Old 09-14-11, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Lying Game -- "Over Exposed" -- 9/12/11

Getting pretty good. However, it doesn't look like this will get the back 10 episodes. The ratings have been horrible compared to Switched at Birth and Pretty Little Liars.

So all we know is that Ted and Alec are behind some kind of coverup with Sutton and Emma's Mom. I wonder why the hell is she locked up in some psych ward?

And seriously, especially in the Internet age, that was pretty stupid for Emma and Ethan to kiss and then have their photo taken and Sutton obviously sees it on the school page. And of course Sutton has revenge sex afterwards.

The storyline with Mads and Eduardo is pretty stupid.
Old 09-14-11, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I didn't get - Why was Sutton upset that Emma was running for homecoming queen? If it was true that Sutton had wanted to be homecoming queen her entire life, wouldn't she be pissed off if Emma *didn't* run, thus missing her chance to be homecoming queen that year? If Emma is supposed to be taking Sutton's place, I think a big part of that would be filling in on any major high school deadlines.
Old 09-15-11, 09:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Deadline reporting that The Lying Game got the back 12...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/abc-...ls-nine-lives/

UPDATED: I hear that ABC Family has canceled freshman drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King after one season, while giving back 12 order to another freshman, The Lying Game. Both are based on Alloy books and have been softy in the ratings. Nine Lives opened low in June with 2.2 million viewers. The Lying Game launched last month with 1.4 million viewers. ABC family’s breakout summer hit, Switched at Birth, has been renewed for a second season.
Old 09-16-11, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Wow, that's a surprise and good news. I wasn't expecting this to make it considering how bad the ratings have been. The producers must have done a great job selling ABC Family on giving them a full season and probably making it cost-effective too.

If ABC Family is smart, they will schedule the back 12 episodes with Pretty Little Liars 2nd half.