Old 06-30-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
Louie -- "Bummer/Blueberries" -- 6/30/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Louie has an unsettling encounter on his way to a first "non-date," prompting some sparkling conversation. ("We're constantly on the edge of existence and nothing.") He also receives an intriguing proposition while dropping off Jane at school. Stand-up topics include the New York subways and negative body image (his own).

Episode 2 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MCjCfVUyp9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-30-11, 10:05 PM
Li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Louie -- "Bummer/Blueberries" -- 6/30/11

Wow that was weird and depressing. What the hell is going on with this show? I loved the first season, but I'm not sure I'm liking the direction it's going now. I just feel... bad after watching it.
Old 06-30-11, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought last week was disappointing, and this...it just missed the mark completely. Didn't even feel like the same show. Since when does Louie easily get women? Seemed to go against the grain of what this series set up last season.

Felt like a completely experimental episode.
Old 06-30-11, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"His head came off?"
Old 07-01-11, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked it. Even though it was dark I found it way more fun than depressing.
Season 1 one had dark and weird stuff too.
Old 07-01-11, 04:22 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, this was right in line with Season One. Anybody looking for a sitcom with hugs and a laugh track should look elsewhere.
Old 07-01-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn't find this very funny, but that doesn't seem to bother me with this show.

The series feels surreal and can be pretty depressing and the situations and characters are usually awkward. I don't have a problem spending 20 minutes an episode watching this. I actually find it interesting even if it's somewhat pointless.
Old 07-01-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Louis CK's reactions are what make the show for me. What really had me ing was watching Louie while the woman was talking about all the things she needed from the drugstore, and Louie realizing this sexual encounter was pathetic even for him.
Old 07-02-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Louie and Futurama almost make me want to pay for cable. Almost.

Does Louie stream anywhere 'legit' online? I hate Megavideo and those places.
Old 07-04-11, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought the premier episode was okay, but thought this episode was fantastic. My favorite show of the first season was the Crucifixion episode. There are a lot of shows that make me laugh, but nothing that keeps me as luridly fascniated as this show.

My jaw was on the floor when the bums head came off. I mean, Jesus! What show does that?

I remember when Curb Your Enthusiasm was first on, and I was shocked at how black and edgy it was. That show seemed to get lighter and more cartoony as it went on. I love this Louie show. Alot.
Old 07-05-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

I just caught this today and liked it. Louie's reaction after the bums decapitation was hilarious. I didn't get the whole date/encounter with that chick. Have we met her before? It looked like she was getting dressed after having sex with someone when Louie called.

The Blueberry segment was hilarious mainly for what a whack job Dolores was. The fact that she changed in such a granny night gown and had major Daddy issues was hilarious. I loved Louie's reaction when she broke down after he spanked her.
Old 08-15-11, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PacMan2006 View Post
Thought last week was disappointing, and this...it just missed the mark completely. Didn't even feel like the same show. Since when does Louie easily get women? Seemed to go against the grain of what this series set up last season.

Felt like a completely experimental episode.
He had sex with a 26-year-old who basically throws herself at him last season. I mean, the guy IS a celebrity as the girl in the first segment says. And the second chick... well it's not like he "scored" big with that nut job.

Loved the episode. Wish Hulu wouldn't make me wait an entire month to watch them.
Old 03-17-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
Louis CK's reactions are what make the show for me. What really had me ing was watching Louie while the woman was talking about all the things she needed from the drugstore, and Louie realizing this sexual encounter was pathetic even for him.
This is exactly how I feel. All this surreal weirdness keeps unfolding around him, and it's fun and funny to watch how he deals with and processes it all. I couldn't understand how after confessing what he saw (i.e. homeless freak decapitation) to the first chick, she just bails on him for continuing to go on the date in spite of it, after seeming so in sync with his honesty about how the everyone's priorities are messed up.

The 2nd part clearly shows how much shit and inconvenience a man will put up with and go through to get pussy. I thought that the pay off would be that he would end up not getting any, but he took her to an even better and more disturbing place. That's what I love about this show.

I just watched this episode on cable for the first time, but already bought the DVD and will look forward to listening to Louis CK's always informative and interesting commentary for this episode.