Old 05-23-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
House -- Season Finale -- "Moving On" -- 5/23/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Well-known performance artist Afsoun Hamidi (guest star Shohreh Aghdashloo) is admitted to the hospital, but when the team learns that her symptoms may have been self-inflicted as part of a documentary for her latest performance piece, they begin to question whether treatments are necessary and if they are unwittingly participating in the creation of a piece of her art. Meanwhile, a situation prompts House to do something that could change his relationship with Cuddy and Wilson permanently in the all-new "Moving On" season finale episode of HOUSE airing Monday, May 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Episode 23 of 23

Goodbye Lisa Edelstein. You are going to be missed. Hopefully FOX and NBC Universal have enough sense to bring you back for the Series Finale next May.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xE0378pKMHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-23-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: House -- Season Finale -- "Moving On" -- 5/23/11

Wow...no comments?

Taub pulled an Arnold!
Old 05-23-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Loved it. They did a great job selling that House was going to go over the edge. Seems like he may actually be on the path of figuring things out for the last season. Also a pretty decent way to explain why Cuddy won't be there next season, intentional or not. House has always delivered great finales.
Old 05-24-11, 12:06 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

What a horrible ending.
Old 05-24-11, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Wouldve been great if he ran Cuddy over and killed her if shes leaving the show anyway. Then they could wrap up the series with the last season with House in prison treating the prisoners or something.
Old 05-24-11, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't realize Lisa Edelstein was leaving. I thought Robert Sean Leonard was making noise about departing. Is next season really the final?

It was a good episode, and everything flowed logically up to the final scene. I just don't really care about Taub that much. He's kind of a schlub, and I just expect nothing good to come of how he handles this current situation.
Old 05-24-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

House easily could've killed all four of them; amazing no one even got hurt, almost too convenient. In any event, that's basically attempted murder, so now House is just a fugitive? Not sure where they're going with that, but I do like that he just left.
Old 05-24-11, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought the whole episode was pretty mediocre. The case was kind of dumb and the woman and guy were just annoying.
Old 05-24-11, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm dropping this show. Oh good, House has emotions! Oh good, he's also insane. What revelations! This finale didn't leave me wondering what was going to happen next season at all.
Old 05-24-11, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I didn't realize Lisa Edelstein was leaving. I thought Robert Sean Leonard was making noise about departing. Is next season really the final?

It was a good episode, and everything flowed logically up to the final scene. I just don't really care about Taub that much. He's kind of a schlub, and I just expect nothing good to come of how he handles this current situation.
FOX asked NBC Universal to cut costs for season 8 in order for them to renew the show. All the actors, except Hugh Laurie and Olivia Wilde, who already had contracts for season 8, took paycuts. Lisa Edelstein passed and decided to move on. And yes, it's believed that season 8 will be the last. Hugh Laurie recently said he's done with the show after season 8 since it's the last year of his deal. Plus, the ratings are down and the show is getting more expensive to produce each year. NBC U said they can't afford to produce the show any cheaper than $5M an episode, which FOX had them cut the budget down to.
Old 05-24-11, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

As for the finale, I didn't really care for the case. It wasn't a compelling medical mystery at all.

This was probably one of the weaker House season finales. I think the best one was the season 4 bus crash with House and CTB. Last season with the crane accident and House/Cuddy hooking up was also good. This just felt like an hour of House being an ass and then finally exploding at the end. Rather than destroying her House and nearing killing everyone including Wilson, I would have rather seen a scene with dialogue between them.

I really hated how House and Cuddy's relationship just crashed and burned in the last 1/4 of this season. I know alot of people didn't like the House and Cuddy relationship for whatever reason, but I liked how it helped his character grow and mature from his childish antics, especially being in a mature relationship with someone who was for the most part his ally.

Where the hell was House at the end anyways? It looked like he was in Hawaii or something.

And Taub being a father to 2 different women.

I would probably give this finale a C or C-
Old 05-24-11, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

How was Wilson injured exactly? I missed that part.

Watching The Chicago Code tonight, I thought if they wanted to recast Cuddy (which they won't) that Jennifer Beals would make a good replacement. Or she would make a great new head of the hospital although she is probably too physically similar to Lisa Edelstein.

BTW, for people that live in Chicago, the actor who plays Taub is Walter Jacobson's (of Channel 2 News) son.
Old 05-25-11, 01:36 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I love this show, but I thought the ending was kind of, well, creepy.
Old 05-25-11, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by windom
He had to dive out of the way of the car.
Old 05-25-11, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
NBC U said they can't afford to produce the show any cheaper than $5M an episode, which FOX had them cut the budget down to.
wow.... I had no clue a show like house could run that level of coin.... It not like we are seeing in on the screen, they spend the bulk of every ep in the same building. Must just be star salaries or something being they do have a pretty big cast.. Still, 5million per!?

as for the final, I only watch the show on and off so as a sometime watcher I was like "Errr ok that's a bad break up" but that's about all I got from it..
Old 05-25-11, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom
I had to rewind it to figure that part out myself. He landed kind of weird on his hand when he dove out the way.

As for the finale, I liked it, but I'm wondering what was going through House's mind at that point. Seemed like he was going for a murder suicide? I mean, he drove as fast as he could right into the room that they were sitting, and wasn't wearing a seatbelt. It would've been more realistic if pretty much everyone died at that point.
Old 05-25-11, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uteotw
House easily could've killed all four of them; amazing no one even got hurt, almost too convenient. In any event, that's basically attempted murder, so now House is just a fugitive? Not sure where they're going with that, but I do like that he just left.
Not to mention Cuddy's daughter could've been there. Unbelievably douche move on House's part. I don't see how this will get reconciled without House serving prison time.

I guess next season he will mostly be a wandering diagnostician, treating people on the streets from town to town.
Old 05-25-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
wow.... I had no clue a show like house could run that level of coin.... It not like we are seeing in on the screen, they spend the bulk of every ep in the same building. Must just be star salaries or something being they do have a pretty big cast.. Still, 5million per!?
Well they don't do it as much anymore, but they did used to do that special effects zoom into the patient/potential-patient's body and show something internal totally clogging, mutating, contracting or otherwise screwing up either as the initial problem or explaining the real cause of the illness. In the beginning of the show, it was almost their signature thing. Now they only seem to use it sporadically probably for budgetary reasons.
Old 05-25-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
This was probably one of the weaker House season finales. I think the best one was the season 4 bus crash with House and CTB. Last season with the crane accident and House/Cuddy hooking up was also good. This just felt like an hour of House being an ass and then finally exploding at the end. Rather than destroying her House and nearing killing everyone including Wilson, I would have rather seen a scene with dialogue between them.
Agree that this was one of the weakest, if not the weakest, season finales for the show (my pick for best, though, would be the Season 2 "House Gets Shot" finale). This seemed like all set-up for House doing something horrendous and shocking and then all he did was crash a car into Cuddy's house (House crashes into house... whatever).

If this is Cuddy's last episode, what a terrible exit episode for her character.
Old 05-31-11, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Palaver
I guess next season he will mostly be a wandering diagnostician, treating people on the streets from town to town.
Gregory House: The Fugitive
Old 05-31-11, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
Gregory House: The Fugitive
Actually, I had a different tv show in mind.

Spoiler:
"Until he learns to control the raging spirit that dwells within him..."