Old 05-19-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Bones -- Season Finale -- "The Change in the Game" -- 5/19/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-05-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The unidentifiable and gruesome remains of a male bowler are found lodged in the automatic pinsetter of a bowling lane. Brennan's father, Max Keenan (guest star Ryan O'Neal), is a member of the victim's bowling team, but currently sidelined with an injury. With no clear lead in the case, Booth and Brennan go undercover and join the very competitive bowling team in hopes of finding clues about the victim. Upon meeting the victim's teammates, including an arrogant 12-year-old bowling prodigy, it becomes apparent there could be many suspects in the case. Meanwhile, a very pregnant Angela anticipates her labor at any moment, but continues to work diligently via webcam to identify the murder weapon from the hospital in the all-new "The Change in the Game" season finale episode of BONES

Episode 23 of 23

Bones was renewed for a 7th season this week. However, Emily Deschanel is pregnant and they are probably going to produce a shorter season because of it. The Finder is supposed to be Bones filler while she is on maternity leave.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0kykNq0eYeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-19-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bones -- Season Finale -- "The Change in the Game" -- 5/19/11

I didn't care for the episode featuring "The Finder" cast. The bartender chick is annoying and over-acts.
Old 05-19-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This aired in Canada last night and there are spoilers out there, so beware if you don't want to know. I saw it last night, and don't want to tempt anyone so I won't post any spoilers.
Old 05-19-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I didn't care for the episode featuring "The Finder" cast. The bartender chick is annoying and over-acts.
Agreed, didn't like that episode at all, and won't watch the series.
Old 05-19-11, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
You may get your wish.

Fox, producing studio 20th TV and Bones creator Hart Hanson are discussing the use of Finder-flavored episodes as a filler during Deschanel's maternity leave. Those will be Bones episodes with The Finder star Geoff Stults and his sidekick Michael Clarke Duncan appearing in them, giving Hanson an opportunity to further develop them. The future of the third Finder lead, played by Saffron Burrows, which has drawn polarizing reaction, is unclear, but I hear that the producers felt it was hard to service more than 2 new characters on Bones.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/bone...schanel-leave/
Old 05-19-11, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kevin Alejandro and David Boreanaz on the same show. Awesome.

Nice subtle tribute to last week's fallen squint in this one.
Old 05-19-11, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Solid episode and an interesting ending. I'll give "The Finder" characters another chance since I liked Geoff Stults and Michael Clarke Duncan.
Old 05-20-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It bugged me all episode, that "Raven" bowler and why he was so familiar and then I realized he was "Izzy" the Devil in the final season of "ANGEL".

They have now finally moved forward and avoided the pitfalls of standard television couple crap. Good on them.
Old 05-20-11, 02:52 AM

As usual, it is always amazing how the characters never know the woman with the obviously bulging belly is pregnant until she announces it.
Old 05-20-11, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This didn't feel like a season finale episode until the big reveal at the end. Sure it had the birth going on and that's finale material, but the case not so much. I had high hopes when they went undercover (one of the best episodes of of the series is B&B undercover at the carnival), but I don't think they took full advantage of it.
Old 05-20-11, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

That was terrible! The reveal felt tacked on, and there appears to have been only one segment where the viewers were lead to believe it happened - last week. However, that scene didn't evoke any "let's do it", or any of the follow up discussions. Sure there was the conversation Bones had with Angela, but that very much come off as a Bonesism. "I slept with Booth.", which translates to, "I went to Booths room because I was upset and we fell asleep together." And according to science, that means it was at least 3 weeks since the last episode; that or they did it earlier in the season.
Old 05-20-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

An interview with an EP on one of those entertainment sites said that it was about a month ago since Vincent's death, so that is when it happened. Apparently, they will be a couple when the show comes back.
Old 05-23-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

And they have now ruined this series...I think they only signed a 2 year contract extension that sounds about right before it would be cancelled for adding a kid and them having a relationship.
Old 05-26-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I haven't actively looked forward to watching this show in a while. I don't know why I haven't stopped watching it. It just doesn't have that spark for me anymore.
Old 05-26-11, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I haven't actively looked forward to watching this show in a while. I don't know why I haven't stopped watching it. It just doesn't have that spark for me anymore.
Yet you made the effort to search for this thread just to say you don't care for this show anymore? Huh?

And what did you think of the finale? If you watched.

I think it's going to be an interesting next season with the condensed episode order because of Emily's pregnancy and everything that happened here.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-26-11 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-26-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yet you made the effort to search for this thread just to say you don't care for this show anymore? Huh?

And what did you think of the finale? If you watched.

I think it's going to be an interesting next season with the condensed episode order because of Emily's pregnancy and everything that happened here.
That's what I'm referring to. I have watched every week. I just watched the finale before I posted that. I just wanted to see what people thought of the episode, and added my own opinion. I don't make a habit of commenting in show threads that I haven't seen the episode of.
Old 05-26-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
That's what I'm referring to. I have watched every week. I just watched the finale before I posted that. I just wanted to see what people thought of the episode, and added my own opinion. I don't make a habit of commenting in show threads that I haven't seen the episode of.
Cool beans, Fair enough.
Old 05-27-11, 03:40 PM

I loved it. I think they handled Emily's pregnancy perfectly. They also skipped right over the whole awkward phase after they "did it". i also loved the little nod to the dream sequence season finale from a couple of years ago.

I guess fans of the show will never be satisfied. I look at it this way, they have always been a couple. they just didn't know it.
Old 05-27-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They didn't just skip over the awkward phase. They didn't really clarify that anything had changed about their relationship and then dropped the preggo bomb in the last 20 seconds of the finale.

Question: I think I was distracted in the hookup episode and wasn't looking at the TV when Bones woke up in Booth's bed the morning after. Was she naked or less clothed than when she went to sleep on the couch? I was under the impression they never really confirmed that they hooked up, it was just implied when Bones told Angela.
Old 05-27-11, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
I was under the impression they never really confirmed that they hooked up, it was just implied when Bones told Angela.
That's correct, Bones was never shown in a state of undress in Booth's room.
Old 05-27-11, 07:46 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

i thought this finale was atrocious