Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Nikita -- Season Finale -- "Pandora" -- 5/12/11

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did you think of the Season Finale?
Awesome! Bring on season 2! C'mon CW
65.00%
It was pretty good, not great. Looking forward to a 2nd season
35.00%
Meh, It was alright. On par with most Nikita episodes
0%
I didn't hate it, but I was disappointed after a really great season
0%
Like the show, but this finale blew
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-11, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-04-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In an explosive season finale, Percy (Xander Berkeley) makes a move to take over the CIA, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) goes rogue, and Michael (Shane West) gets trapped inside Division making him unable to help Nikita (Maggie Q), who may have to pay with her life for helping Alex.

Episode 22 of 22

Special Guest star:
Alberta Watson (La Femme Nikita, 24)

According to Lyndsy Fonseca and Melinda Clarke's Twitter feeds:

Spoiler:
One character will die tonight.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdRdgRFzkMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Episode Preview with Craig Silverstein, Nikita's creator:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RioYO4hatiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't fricking wait! This is going to rock!! The CW better fucking renew this!!
Old 05-12-11, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- Season Finale -- "Pandora" -- 5/12/11

Originally Posted by DJariya
The CW better fucking renew this!!
You know. I let these back up on my DVR and then start watching them and am like "Why the HELL am I not watching these sooner?!" Of course it isn't a bad thing to be able to just burn through 3 in a row, but this show is really f-ing great. I hope the CW decides to keep it. Is it keeping the lead-in from The Vampire Diaries? If you're questioning renewal, I'm guessing not. Was this one of EW's "bubble" shows?
Old 05-12-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
You know. I let these back up on my DVR and then start watching them and am like "Why the HELL am I not watching these sooner?!" Of course it isn't a bad thing to be able to just burn through 3 in a row, but this show is really f-ing great. I hope the CW decides to keep it. Is it keeping the lead-in from The Vampire Diaries? If you're questioning renewal, I'm guessing not. Was this one of EW's "bubble" shows?
I fear the CW may follow in Fox's footsteps and cancel shows to make room for more reality crap like America's Next Top Model: Model Harder and its spinoff America's Top Model: The Third One From the Left

I think the finale could have a kung fu monkey wearing a kimono as Percy's top henchman, and it still would not ruin how good this season was.
Old 05-12-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
It's retaining about 60-75% of Vampire Diaries audience. But, Vampire Diaries has been down a little this season. I read on Deadline.com that this will most likely get renewed for another season. If it does, it's moving to another night (probably Friday) because the CW is expected to greenlight Kevin Williamson's new show and put it after TVD.
Old 05-12-11, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This is that rare show where things actually happen. I wonder if that's hurting it. Viewers don't know how to jump in. I know some people that I think would like the show, but couldn't really recommend it because I felt that they'd missed too much...

If it comes back, I'd welcome a new night so I could get back to watching NBC "live" again.
Old 05-12-11, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Lokimok
This is that rare show where things actually happen. I wonder if that's hurting it. Viewers don't know how to jump in. I know some people that I think would like the show, but couldn't really recommend it because I felt that they'd missed too much...

If it comes back, I'd welcome a new night so I could get back to watching NBC "live" again.
Considering the show is so heavily serialized, there really wasn't a good point to jump in if you missed multiple episodes. Even the 2nd half of the season would have been a tough point to jump in without feeling lost.

There are a few posters in this forum who have been looking for a "24" replacement and IMO this 100% fills the void. But, I assume they were hesitant to jump in being this is a CW show and on a really busy night (Thursdays)

If this gets a 2nd season, which I expect will, I highly recommend those who passed or bailed for whatever reason to rent the DVD's or BD's and get ready for season 2 in the Fall.
Old 05-12-11, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that's how you do a season finale.

There are feature-length films that don't pack as much stuff in as this episode did. Loved it from start to finish, especially Nikita infiltrating the CIA.

I guess that's the last we see of Ryan.

Fantastic season overall. I love how they've rearranged the show over the course of the season.
Old 05-13-11, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk God

OMG, I fucking loved it! That was one hell of a thrill ride!! That packed so much action and suspense into that hour that I actually wanted more.

at scene where Roan was about to clean Nikita and she wakes up and throws acid all over his face. I'm glad that Roan didn't die. Looking forward to seeing more badass scenes with a disfigured Roan next season.

The scene that was so well executed was when Nikita infiltrated the CIA and stopped the nerve gas attack on Ryan and the director.

Another scene I loved was when Alex confronted Nikita near the end about why she killed her father and the choices she made. That was some really solid acting by Lyndsy Fonseca and Maggie Q. From the start, Alex and Nikita have had a close sisterly bond and I get that Alex felt the trust they had between each other was violated. And Wow , when Division stormed the loft and what took place afterwards, that was one crazy scene.

The show is going into a totally different realm next season. This episode was indeed a game changer. It appears to me that Amanda is going to play a bigger part, especially after what she did for Alex and her speech at the end. I'd like to see Alberta Watson as well next season.

I'm 100% buying the BD for season 1 whenever it's released. I'm more than happy to support this fucking awesome TV show.

I'm going to say it right now, this was the best new 1 hour action drama of the 2010-11 season. I like H50 for it's cheese factor, but this blows it away in the writing.

Please, The CW suits, Do the right thing and renew this show!

Last edited by DJariya; 05-13-11 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-13-11, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
:
I guess that's the last we see of Ryan.

Fantastic season overall. I love how they've rearranged the show over the course of the season.
For now, I liked Ryan's line saying that you better bust me out of prison to Nikita.
Old 05-14-11, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome episode. Great season.

I haven't been a fan of Fonseca's acting for most of the season, but she definitely brought it for the finale. Loved the final sequence between her and Nikita in Nikita's pad.

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm 100% buying the BD for season 1 whenever it's released. I'm more than happy to support this fucking awesome TV show.
A Day 1 purchase for me.

Hopefully the show will pick up some additional fans when the series is released.
Old 05-14-11, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I dropped this show after episode 7. Has it improved a lot since then?
Old 05-14-11, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Gunde
I thought the entire season was great. I would say there was maybe 2 or 3 of the 22 episodes that were just mediocre. The 1st half of the season ended on an awesome cliffhanger (episode 11) and it picked up even more in the 2nd half. The season finale ended in a way that will shake things up big time in season 2. For a show that is produced for The CW and probably half the budget of a major network series, what they managed to pull off here impressed the hell out of me.

For an action TV serial with 2 females as the lead, this was probably IMO the biggest surprise of the year.
Old 05-14-11, 09:11 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
Depends on what aspect of the show caused you to drop the show in the first place (for example, if you can't stand female emoting whatsoever...well, can't help you there). If the turnoff for you is that the first 7 eps might represent the same formula for the rest of the series, I think we can all say it's not and things change organically.

The most surprising part for me is how they moved the story forward - I sometimes thought they were already in season 2 or 3 due to the way most shows like to stretch things out. Also, it gets less standalone and more serialized towards the back of the season - like a steady buildup, which made for a satisfying close to the season.
Old 05-15-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Alexandra!
Old 05-16-11, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

My wife didn't start watching until about 5 shows in, but loves it. Excellent season finale! Lots of potential directions! Alex a special agent for Division now? Cool! Nikita and Michael on the run? Outstanding! Percy fired up? Excellent! Amanda working directly for Oversite (or is she actually Oversite)? Intriguing. Berkoff is now the inside man. Bring on season 2!
Old 05-28-11, 06:31 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Show has been pretty consistent. Always good to very good but rarely outstanding

I will stick with it