Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Big Bang Theory -- "The Agreement Dissection" -- 4/28/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-29-11, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see a thread for this... thought this was one of the better episodes of the season.
Old 04-30-11, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Big Bang Theory -- "The Agreement Dissection" -- 4/28/11

Originally Posted by SpanishTechno View Post
thought this was one of the better episodes of the season.
I did too.
Old 04-30-11, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Amy was great. Sheldon too.
Old 04-30-11, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was great because Sheldon kept getting his ass handled to him. But I was surprised how the audience was actually rooting for him.

I know he's the star, and yes we're supposed to hate Priya and want Sheldon back with Penny, but why cheer for Sheldon when he's shown just how petty he truly can be?
Old 04-30-11, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoyed it mainly since this is the first time Sheldon has seen the "Amy" that they've totally transformed. Unfortunately, freaked out as he was, I had hoped he'd be even more freaked out when he saw how changed Amy is. Kissing another girl right in front of him? That should have driven Sheldon insane, no matter who it was, but the fact it was his "girl who is also a friend" Amy? They could and should have taken this to more extremes, but it worked.

Glad to see Sheldon get the roommate agreement shoved in his face, and also glad to see Priya end up losing in the end. I'm beyond over this character, and want to see Leonard back with Penny now. We all know it's coming... Dragging it out isn't working for me, particularly with a character as annoying and condescending as Priya. They've made it clear she despises the geeky stuff that makes Leonard and the gang themselves, and she's just not likable even excluding that. Sheldon needs to snap, kill her off, then thanks to his genius get away scott free. I cannot stand Priya.
Old 04-30-11, 08:00 AM

Loved when Sheldon and Amy returned to Amy's apartment, and and there was the smoking monkey. Especially when Amy described the monkey as an ass. Then when she kissed Sheldon, and said don't let what I'm going to do next reflect on what what just happened...and when Sheldon confronts the monkey and says...you really are an ass!!
Old 04-30-11, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

I like what they're doing with Amy. I hope they don't revert her character back to a robot when she was first introduced.

I have no problem with Priya - she's much better suited for Leonard than Penny ever was. She's cute, smart and can be funny/sweet. Penny only really had the hot factor with some sweetness thrown in. Penny's relationship with Leonard made no sense at all. Basically Penny was with Leonard because it's convenient (lives across the hall and mooches free food) and all the guy's she dated were creeps. She basically settled.

Even through Priya isn't in to the geeky crap, she has way more of a shared intellectual interest with Leonard than Penny ever did.

Unfortunately they'll dump Priya down the road and they'll force Penny/Leonard back together.
Old 05-01-11, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 246 Likes on 183 Posts

I totally agree with Amy. She has grown into a very likable character over the season. Although I think most of that has to do with getting her away from Sheldon most of the time. They just don't work together. She fits in better with the girls.

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Basically Penny was with Leonard because it's convenient (lives across the hall and mooches free food) and all the guy's she dated were creeps. She basically settled.
You mean, like everyone else on the planet? I get what you're saying, but I think there was more there. Sure convenience played a role, but Leonard is a good guy which Penny had never had before... and how exactly is she "settling" when Leonard was the best guy she's ever dated? Isn't that growth as a person/character?
Old 05-01-11, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with the assertion Penny doesn't have anything in common with Leonard, and it's easily proven simply by the direction they took the character after the breakup. Look at all her friends. She still hangs out with the guys constantly. But more importantly, look at her girl friends. Both are smart, geeky, science types. Amy is a downright robot, female Sheldon, who Penny brought out of her shell. But they are showing the character to only hang out with types exactly like Leonard. Maybe in real life this doesn't happen, but the character as they're writing it, only hangs out with and enjoys being around Leonard types. Priya? Not so much. She clearly doesn't like any of the other guys, or the other girls. She doesn't even seem to like her brother that much, aside from the fact he's her brother. But all the geeky, fun stuff that her brother does, that makes Leonard who he is? She clearly doesn't like. Further, her downright panic at telling her parents about Leonard just furthers how not right they are.

I don't see Leonard liking her very much, or vice versa. They seem to connect intellectually, but as far as hobbies and common interests? They couldn't have less in common. It seems to be a relationship based primarily on sex, and little else. And Priya, as written, is an extremely annoying, controlling, manipulative character, who just doesn't work with the fun and easy going Leonard. Leonard might be geeky, but he has far more in common personality wise with Penny. And as shown, Penny, once introduced to the stuff, clearly enjoys the geeky hobbies that the gang does, that Priya can't stand. Priya and Leonard have intelligence and sex in common, and that's it. Leonard and Penny have the same personalities, increasingly similar interests, the same friends, same views toward life, easy going, fun loving, etc. They only differ on intelligence levels, which can be difficult to overcome, but not as difficult as all the stuff Priya and Leonard don't have in common. Clearly I'm strongly in the "Lenny" or "Peonard" shipper camp.
Old 05-01-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved the whole show, but there wasn't a better moment than when Amy invited Sheldon in for a night cap. After his response about the possibility of what "nightcap" could mean and she says "I have Yoohoo.", Sheldon's reply was perfect:

"It's hard to say no to Yoohoo; the name literally beckons."
Old 05-01-11, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by coladar View Post
I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with the assertion Penny doesn't have anything in common with Leonard, and it's easily proven simply by the direction they took the character after the breakup. Look at all her friends. She still hangs out with the guys constantly. But more importantly, look at her girl friends. Both are smart, geeky, science types. Amy is a downright robot, female Sheldon, who Penny brought out of her shell. But they are showing the character to only hang out with types exactly like Leonard. Maybe in real life this doesn't happen, but the character as they're writing it, only hangs out with and enjoys being around Leonard types.
And that doesnt seem believable. She doesnt seem to have any friends from her life before the gang.

Priya actually has a career and spends time with Leonard; leaving her no time to hang out with the girls (and it would be uncomfortable to hang with Penny). I havent seen her mentioning anything negative about the guys, except perhaps questioning Sheldon. I'm sure Penny has made more condescending remarks than Priya.

And as shown, Penny, once introduced to the stuff, clearly enjoys the geeky hobbies that the gang does, that Priya can't stand.
Like comic books, sci-fi, books, science? Right.

I'm liking Priya more than Penny
Old 05-02-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

at this analysis.

Here's my analysis....a guy like Leonard would have zero chance of scoring either of those women as they are both way out of his league.
Old 05-02-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg View Post
And that doesnt seem believable. She doesnt seem to have any friends from her life before the gang.
She moved to LA from Nebraska. All her friends before the gang are back home.
Old 05-02-11, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
She moved to LA from Nebraska. All her friends before the gang are back home.
I thought she was living in LA for some time before the gang, trying to make it as an actress.
Old 05-04-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Penny in that dress made this best episode of the season.