Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ABC Cancels All My Children AND One Life to Live

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ABC Cancels All My Children AND One Life to Live

The actor who plays Jason is on record as originally (whenever the accident originally happened) saying he found Jason Q boring and wanted to be Jason Morgan.
Old 09-29-11, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
The actor who plays Jason is on record as originally (whenever the accident originally happened) saying he found Jason Q boring and wanted to be Jason Morgan.
Someone should tell him he's even more of a bore than he has been before.
Old 10-04-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess The Hospital was moved to Philly.

That's Philadelphia City Hall behind the tree and a building not far from it with the PSFS sign on top.
Old 11-23-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/23/pl...ildren-online/

NO online continuation after all. Both shows are officially dead for good.
Old 11-23-11, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

I knew from the start that's what would happen. I never believed for a second that the two soaps would air online.
Old 11-23-11, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/23/pl...ildren-online/

NO online continuation after all. Both shows are officially dead for good.
And the actor's unions killed it. I'm pretty pro-union and left wing overall but with so many out of work actors you'd think that they'd want to capitalize on the internet with paying actors more like a "living wage" instead of union wages to get more actors employed in a new medium.
Old 11-23-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by wz42
And the actor's unions killed it. I'm pretty pro-union and left wing overall but with so many out of work actors you'd think that they'd want to capitalize on the internet with paying actors more like a "living wage" instead of union wages to get more actors employed in a new medium.
That's not what I heard. Prospect Park has been delaying negotiations with AFTRA and WGA the last month, apparently to address financing issues. The unions aren't to blame for this failure. PP jumped in way too soon without knowing the financial and logistical needs to produce shows like this.
Old 11-23-11, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
That's not what I heard. Prospect Park has been delaying negotiations with AFTRA and WGA the last month, apparently to address financing issues. The unions aren't to blame for this failure. PP jumped in way too soon without knowing the financial and logistical needs to produce shows like this.
Thanks for the correction.

Although I likely read to much into the EW article I thought it implied that the unions wanted to much for Prospect Park to be able to afford.
Old 12-18-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Coming into the last few weeks of OLTL
Old 12-20-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I pretty much gave up on OLTL when the made TSJ Victor, Todd's twin bother and then killed him off. I most likely will watch the last few weeks to see how they wrap things up.
Old 01-11-12, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OLTL's Blair, Todd, John and Starr All Head to General Hospital.

On the heels of talk that Michael Easton, for one, would migrate from the about-to-expire One Life to Live to sister soap General Hospital, ABC announced on Wednesday that Easton and three others are in fact making the jump — and as their Llanview characters.

“We have a very exciting story planned for the citizens of Port Charles, with Sonny Corinthos at the center of it!” former OLTL boss/new GH showrunner Frank Valentini said in making the announcement. “I am confident viewers and fans alike will be excited for the arrival of John (played by Easton), Starr (Kristen Alderson), Blair (Emmy nominee Kassie DePaiva) and Todd (Emmy winner Roger Howarth). Incorporating characters from One Life to Live continue the legacy of the show as we weave them into General Hospital.”

That Todd and Blair’s love story will continue, even in Port Charles, surely will please DePaiva, who shared with TVLine recently her desire that the duo end up together as OLTL winds down. “There is an undeniable chemistry between Todd and Blair that will not go away,” she said, “and history is there to prove it.”

OLTL airs its series finale on ABC this Friday; DePaiva, Howarth, Easton and Alderson are set to begin shooting their GH scenes this month.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/genera...ston-alderson/

Blah! Not a big fan of this at all. I wouldn't mind seeing John in PC but not Blair, Starr and Todd.
Old 01-11-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Starr is one of the chosen. Meh the others I'm fine with but I guess the main regulars on the show didn't want to go?
Old 01-12-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Emma Sams returning to GH

You know, I only really watched during the 80's and with Robert, Anna, and Holly coming back, and Luke already there, and apparently there will be some tie-in to Helena Cassadine (forever Liz Taylor to me, but OK...), it's almost enough to make me start taping this again just to see what happens. I would have thought Helena would be long dead by now. Last I remember, the only real survivor was Nicholas, though I forget his ancestry. Was he Laura's secret child with Stavros Cassadine or something? I don't remember them interacting much. Ah... memories. Bring back Scotty and Heather!
Old 01-12-12, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
Starr is one of the chosen. Meh the others I'm fine with but I guess the main regulars on the show didn't want to go?
Would have liked Dorian (But Robin has health issues I guess) and David to make the jump to PC.

I wonder how they are going to handle John in PC. I mean he did play Caleb on PC. Wonder if John and Sam will hookup? LOL
Old 01-12-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

True but port Charles was not much of a connection to GH other than a couple characters who were on both. It was more of a supernatural show.

Now if Tómas went to GH that would be interesting since the guy played both Alcazars.

GH was always a better show when Scotty was on there. He is a perfect foil for Luke.
Old 01-13-12, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, what a great way to go out! I hate today was the last show. Loved it! Great ending to a classic soap. It's a shame after 43 years, it's all over. I wish there were more. The ending blew me away. Thumbs up to the cast and crew of OLTO.
Old 01-14-12, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Only 57 more episodes on my dvr 'till I watch the last ep.
Old 01-14-12, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only 57 more episodes on my dvr 'till I watch the last ep.
You can delete everything but last week and this week's shows and you won't miss a thing. The last two weeks were awesome.
Old 01-14-12, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's ok, theyre there so I might as well watch them. They aRe good background noise.
Old 02-29-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm about two weeks behind on GH but from what I have read a few of he OLTL'ers have started appearing on GH this past week.

Also i have a serious infatuation on whoever the new Maxie is.
Old 02-29-12, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm about two weeks behind on GH but from what I have read a few of he OLTL'ers have started appearing on GH this past week.

Also i have a serious infatuation on whoever the new Maxie is.
I like the new Maxie way better than the old one. Starr, Hope and Cole are the first ones from OLTL to appear so far. I know I have said this before but I hate they are bringing Starr on the show. I never liked her in all the year she was on OLTL.
Old 03-20-12, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally watched the last week and last ep of OLTL. Great ending to the series and much better then All My Children.

Also a bit of a cliff hanger leading into GH. I didnt understand that bit at the very end. Apparently the fake Todd Manning was still alive?
With the show ending what was the point of that.

Then I went right to the first ep of GH that had OLTL characters appear. I tink it was Starr, Hope and Cole.
Well, Hope and Cole sure didnt last long. I wonder why they even did that, bring them over just to drive them off a cliff.

PLus there are some returning Gh characters that havent been seen in a while.
Holly Sutton just popped up. Robert Scorpio just came on. Rick Springfield will be there and a very long time ago characters Felicia Jones and Heather Weber are returning. I'm sure there will be more since there is a strong feeling that Gh will be killed too in the fall for Katy Couric tlak show.
Old 03-20-12, 10:39 PM

I'm sure there will be more since there is a strong feeling that Gh will be killed too in the fall for Katy Couric talk show.
The rumor now is Katie is not happy with the revolution's ratings as a lead in for her show. So moving GH to that slot and Katie getting GH's slot is a possibility. I hope this is true.
Old 03-20-12, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard that and that The Evolution might get canned because the rating are lower then OLTV ratings.

Also read that if GH gets booted they would move it to a weekly prime time slot somewhere.
Old 03-20-12, 11:17 PM

I heard that and that The Evolution might get canned because the rating are lower then OLTV ratings.

Also read that if GH gets booted they would move it to a weekly prime time slot somewhere.
Could Katie Couric save General Hospital?

cant paste the article but this is were I saw it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.