DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Deadliest Catch: Season 7 Discussion Thread -- Premieres 4/12/2011 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/589565-deadliest-catch-season-7-discussion-thread-premieres-4-12-2011-a.html)

Joeboo835 06-15-11 08:13 AM

Re: Deadliest Catch: Season 7 Discussion Thread -- Premieres 4/12/2011

The wife and I brought that up too. I think Sig will definitely be there for at least the first season.

Kevin M. Dean 06-22-11 06:09 PM

Sig as Crabby in Cars 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7FvPNqsr2o

starman9000 06-22-11 07:03 PM

That's pretty cool.

Nick's nose looked pretty nasty last night!

Bill Needle 07-25-12 12:59 AM

So season 8 wrapped up tonight. Another enjoyable season. I don't know why but this show never seems to get old.

I have to admit, the sliced off fingertip dumped out of the glove and sitting on the table made me cringe just a bit.

The scene where Monte was driving the Wizard and it was getting tossed around in the ice near the shore with a struggling engine was pretty intense. The camera being stationary on shore gave it so much more scale it almost looked like a CGI special effect.

Other updates:

Elliott Neese is still a douchier version of Captain Queeg.

Jake Harris is still a moron.

Jake Anderson on the other hand has both a new captain's license and hot wife - and both are much deserved.

LurkerDan 07-25-12 09:53 AM

Jake Harris looked awful at Jake A's wedding, like "I'm going down the hole and not coming back up" awful.

Traxan 07-25-12 12:14 PM

Some people on the DC boards claiming a medical background said he's on meth. Those red sores on his face were a dead giveaway. All I know is he's fixing for a reunion with his old man real soon. Word is he won't find any boats to work on next fall.

Yes. the sliced fingertip was gnarly... whole nail came off.

The scene on the Wizard was DAMN scary. But kudos to Monte for wising up.

I'm wondering if we will see Captains step down next season. Or at the least, step aside like Jonathan does during opies. Sig would probably lose his mind and fight with Edgar like crazy if he stayed in the wheelhouse. Keith might step off the boat. He has said in interviews about needing to see a shrink after this season. And I can't see Elliot lasting as a Captain after this.

BTW, I thought ship's Captains can only marry at sea? Sig did the duty for Jake but they were on land.

Dave99 07-25-12 03:49 PM

I haven't watched much this season, bits here and there, but elliott strikes me as the type of guy you read about getting arrested with a gun outside his ex-gf's house. He was seriously obsessive in a few scenes, hence the restraining order. That dude needs to learn how to relax.

madcougar 07-25-12 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 11321435)
Jake Harris is still a moron.

This may sound stupid to some, but this kid is the reason I stopped watching DC. It became a damn soap opera about a drug addict.

LurkerDan 07-25-12 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Traxan (Post 11321894)
BTW, I thought ship's Captains can only marry at sea? Sig did the duty for Jake but they were on land.

Sig got ordained somehow, I think I read somewhere.

madcougar 07-26-12 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by LurkerDan (Post 11322524)
Sig got ordained somehow, I think I read somewhere.

I believe Sig was standing in a kiddie pool, so he was technically "on the water."