Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Killing -- "El Diablo" -- 4/10/11

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-11, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: The Killing -- "El Diablo" -- 4/10/11

I looked on AMC's message board and somone there speculated that the current Mayor of Seattle could be a suspect. After we saw his conversation with Darren, it seems that he is not ready at all to relinquish the job. That would be a perfect way for him to sabotage Darren's campaign.
Old 04-11-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://suspecttracker.amctv.com/breakdown.php

Suspect tracker week 2 says it's Gwen, Darren's advisor/lover at 14%.
If not the killer, at least I believe her to be the leaker.

Holder is freakin' awesome. Excellent character.
Old 04-12-11, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"You dress like Justin Bieber and eat pork rinds for dinner."

Old 04-12-11, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it, but it definitley has that deliberate pacing issue. Anyhow, I thinking its the councilmans advisor right about now.
Old 04-12-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I like it, but it definitley has that deliberate pacing issue. Anyhow, I thinking its the councilmans advisor right about now.
That's what I like about it and I think this is deliberate. We don't need flash cuts and zoom in shots . It's a murder mystery that is slowing unfolding. Something we don't see much of anymore.
Old 04-12-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, exactly.
Old 04-12-11, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this on twitter earlier and got a good laugh. Check out the story in the bottom right:

Originally Posted by @timcarvell
"The Killing" is fine, but I'd rather see a show about the below-the-fold story in their fake newspaper:
Spoiler:
Old 04-12-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
That's what I like about it and I think this is deliberate. We don't need flash cuts and zoom in shots . It's a murder mystery that is slowing unfolding. Something we don't see much of anymore.
Yup, I'm grateful to have a show like this that doesn't feel the need to reveal some huge twist to the viewers every week.
Old 04-12-11, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
Saw this on twitter earlier and got a good laugh. Check out the story in the bottom right:
Got a laugh out of that too. I like that the show -- with its dark themes and bleak setting -- has a sense of humor.
Old 04-12-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by coladar
Hmm... As I posted, that bit made me feel slightly more confident he was the killer. I'll go back a bit though. On second thought, I am guessing the reason that the teacher saw the video was that someone sent it to that phone? The phone seemed like it was ringing, and then the audio if the video without the teacher touching anything. Why one of those morons would send the video doesn't make sense though. So was it on the phone to begin with?

If it was on the phone to begin with, its an extra bit that helps cement the teacher as the killer, but until someone who got that can answer, I'll just answer your question.
I'm pretty sure the video was just sent to the phone that moment, but I'm not sure why that would affect your suspicion of the teacher. That was not the teacher's phone.

Here's something else I don't get on reflection. The second guy in the video was Jasper, the rich kid, right? So why did the janitor, when shown the yearbook, and have Jasper pointed at, say no and instead point to the skater kid?
Because he only saw Kris and "El Diablo" (Jasper in a mask).

Originally Posted by conscience
If not the killer, at least I believe her to be the leaker.
Definitely the leak.

Holder is freakin' awesome. Excellent character.
You know, I posted last week that I found two things annoying about the show: Sarah's gum chewing and Holder. The character has since grown on me and I actually like him now. (I still feel the same about the gum, although it wasn't as bad this week)
Old 04-13-11, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was there someone else in the basement besides Jasper,Kris,Rosie and the Janitor? Who was holding the phone during the rape? It didn't look to me like Jasper and Kris passed the phone to each other.
Old 04-13-11, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
FYI, for the cheap/poor bastards who don't have cable, AMC actually posted episode 3 online.
There are other places to find these eps for free. I originally downloaded the first two for free thru Amazon on Demand. The third ep was viewed on some other site I will not name. Plenty of places to find the stuff you want to watch for free. Just like V and abc.com's failure to air these online as they have done in the past. If they think nobody viewed these eps online they are clueless. As you know, the majority of my viewing is online due to work hours and kids so it really bothers me when a major broadcasting company ignores the online community. I am not sure how much revenue is generated by online ads but I would assume it is a fairly decent generator of ad revenue. If it was not, they would not waste their time and effort with all of the other shows which are available online.

Another good episode...really enjoying this series so far.

Last edited by djones6746; 04-13-11 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-13-11, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manco
Was there someone else in the basement besides Jasper,Kris,Rosie and the Janitor? Who was holding the phone during the rape? It didn't look to me like Jasper and Kris passed the phone to each other.
I thought the same, but was waiting for the reaction from the cops, "WAIT! WHO'S HOLDING THE PHONE!!!!!". If they didn't notice that they are the worst detectives ever. And I don't think this show would do that. I hope not.

So I think it was just the editing of the scene.
Old 04-13-11, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
I thought the same, but was waiting for the reaction from the cops, "WAIT! WHO'S HOLDING THE PHONE!!!!!". If they didn't notice that they are the worst detectives ever. And I don't think this show would do that. I hope not.

So I think it was just the editing of the scene.
Pretty sure Jasper and Kris passed the phone to each other.
Old 04-14-11, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty good so far..I also think the teacher seems like the guy right now, so he's probably not..too obvious.
Old 04-14-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by djones6746
There are other places to find these eps for free. I originally downloaded the first two for free thru Amazon on Demand. The third ep was viewed on some other site I will not name. Plenty of places to find the stuff you want to watch for free. Just like V and abc.com's failure to air these online as they have done in the past. If they think nobody viewed these eps online they are clueless. As you know, the majority of my viewing is online due to work hours and kids so it really bothers me when a major broadcasting company ignores the online community. I am not sure how much revenue is generated by online ads but I would assume it is a fairly decent generator of ad revenue. If it was not, they would not waste their time and effort with all of the other shows which are available online.

Another good episode...really enjoying this series so far.
I wasn't lecturing you or anyone else about your online TV show viewing habits, wheither you watch it legally or through Pirated means. I was being a little sarcastic, but as I pointed out, episode 3 is available legally.
Old 04-18-11, 09:28 PM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm really loving this show. I saved this episode for a week and watched it back to back with the April 17 episode.

I think it's much better in 2-hour chunks.

I also love how they make at least 1 character look guilty each week. It's pointless to even try to guess who the killer is because these writers are good.

I bet it's someone that we least suspect.