Old 02-17-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Nikita -- "Alexandra" -- 2/17/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
While out on a mission for Division, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) runs into Irina (guest star Ksenia Solo), a woman from her past. Alex tries to help Irina break free from her captor, but her old friend double crosses her and turns Alex over to Vlad (guest star Mark Ivanir), a Russian mobster, with a debt to settle. Nikita (Maggie Q) realizes Alex is in trouble and sets out to save her but runs into Michael who is searching for his missing agent. Realizing she can't compromise Alex's secret, Maggie must find a way to work with Michael to save Alex without getting her friend killed by Division.

Episode 15 of 22

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/at54kWz7zpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've said this before, but this IMO is probably the best serialized action drama this season. If some of you were looking for a good 24 replacement, I think this 100% fits the bill. I know the Thursday comedies get more love here, but seriously your missing out.
Old 02-17-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Alexandra" -- 2/17/11

Originally Posted by DJariya
I've said this before, but this IMO is probably the best serialized action drama this season. If some of you were looking for a good 24 replacement, I think this 100% fits the bill. I know the Thursday comedies get more love here, but seriously your missing out.

Even though it's serialized, I think it would be easy for a newbie to jump into. They give a good summary of the show in the intro.
Old 02-19-11, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Another solid episode. Okay, I fucking love this show.

Loved that it gave more backstory into Alex and now the previous episode that featured flashbacks of her father made more sense. Now we know that Division wants "Alexandra" dead and Alex will have to struggle to conceal her past. For some shows, creating a "dark past" storyline can come across as cheesy, but I think Alex's storyline with her family's murder and coming to America as a sex slave is really compelling. The scene near the end where Alex revealed that she was indeed Alexandra Udinov and put 2 bullets into Vlad was so badass. Even though Maggie Q is the star of this show, I think Lyndsy Fonseca is slowing emerging as a star as well. That was awesome when Alex told Irina that if you reveal anything that you heard here, I will hunt you down and kill you.

I also have to commend the writers for re-visiting the storyline from earlier in the season when Nikita ratted Michael out before he got a chance to kill Kaseem. There has been alot of tension between them and I'm glad they got a chance to air it out.

There is such a good mixture of serialized mythology and action packed missions of the week.
Old 02-19-11, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk God

I hope the writers and producers of Covert Affairs are taking really good notes from Nikita. They seemed to have the ingredients for a compelling spy thriller, but now when I compare Nikita's 15 of 22 episodes to their 11 episode 1st season, Covert Affairs now comes across to me as so cheesy and amateurish.
Old 02-19-11, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Even though Maggie Q is the star of this show, I think Lyndsy Fonseca is slowing emerging as a star as well.
It's not often that the costar is more attractive than the headliner.
Old 02-21-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I liked this episode a lot. Enjoyed the backstory on Alex. It's interesting they've built a whole backstory to her when initially she didn't seem like anything more than a junkie. Plus this show does a good job of revisiting plots. They don't seem to forget much that happens.

One other point is I think they do a pretty decent job of making me believe 100-lb Maggie Q could actually beat up grown men. That leg move she did to take down one of the guys in the hallway was pretty badass.
Old 02-21-11, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Draven
I liked this episode a lot. Enjoyed the backstory on Alex. It's interesting they've built a whole backstory to her when initially she didn't seem like anything more than a junkie. Plus this show does a good job of revisiting plots. They don't seem to forget much that happens.

One other point is I think they do a pretty decent job of making me believe 100-lb Maggie Q could actually beat up grown men. That leg move she did to take down one of the guys in the hallway was pretty badass.
Totally agree.
Old 02-21-11, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, Alex finally popped her cherry and killed someone in cold blood. Nikita looked worried when she saw the video. Wonder how it might change Alex.

Another excellent episode.