Old 02-15-11, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Parenthood -- "Amazing Andy and His Wonderful World of Bugs" -- 2/15/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) throw Max (Max Burkholder) a birthday party, hosted by Amazing Andy (guest star Michael Emerson, "Lost"), a man who lives with Aspergers. Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) deal with an issue that could change the fate of their relationship. Drew (Miles Heizer) and Seth (guest star John Corbett, "United States Tara") continue to strengthen their bond. Meanwhile, Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel (Sam Jaeger) work on adding to the family.

Episode 16 of 22

Promo for tonight:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1288166&showID=309&configXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbc.com%2Fservice%2Fvideowidget%2Fparams%2FdmlkZW9faWQ9MTI4ODE2Ng%3D%3D%2 F&initXML=http://www.nbc.com%2Fparenthood%2Fvideo%2Fepisodes%2Finit.xml?videoId=1288166"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1288166&showID=309&configXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbc.com%2Fservice%2Fvideowidget%2Fparams%2FdmlkZW9faWQ9MTI4ODE2Ng%3D%3D%2 F&initXML=http://www.nbc.com%2Fparenthood%2Fvideo%2Fepisodes%2Finit.xml?videoId=1288166" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" allowFullScreen="true" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Oh No Crosby, Don't Do it!!
Old 02-15-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Amazing Andy and His Wonderful World of Bugs" -- 2/15/11

Michael Emerson
Old 02-15-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't watch this show much. I've only seen a handful of episodes this season so I don't really know that much about the characters. So I'm probably the only one that will say this: But to Crosby for banging Minka Kelly. She's hot and your current girlfriend is a psycho.
Old 02-16-11, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost thought at the end of the episode they only wanted us to think it was Minka's character since she was constantly in the dark and we'd find out later he actually made up with Jasmine.

But the promo told us otherwise. Minka just didn't want to do a love scene.
Old 02-16-11, 10:00 AM

Hmm, liked the episode overall. However I found the Minka Kelley hook-up way out of character for her. She has been portrayed as way too mature and responsible to jeaporadize her work to mess around with Crosby of all people. I wouldn't have minded a little tension between the characters complicating Crosby's relationship with Jasmine, but developing it so quickly seemed kind of lame and all the fallout in the promos looks boring.
Old 02-16-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
Hmm, liked the episode overall. However I found the Minka Kelley hook-up way out of character for her. She has been portrayed as way too mature and responsible to jeaporadize her work to mess around with Crosby of all people. I wouldn't have minded a little tension between the characters complicating Crosby's relationship with Jasmine, but developing it so quickly seemed kind of lame and all the fallout in the promos looks boring.
It's such a stupid cliché.
Guy gets in a fight with his girlfriend but hey look over there, another gorgeous chick who want's to get it on
Ugh, it tainted an otherwise great episode.

And it knocked Crosby all the way back to the pilot so we can go through the same crap about responsibility again.

Last edited by Gunde; 02-16-11 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-17-11, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to Crosby for the upgrade
Old 02-17-11, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
I almost thought at the end of the episode they only wanted us to think it was Minka's character since she was constantly in the dark and we'd find out later he actually made up with Jasmine.

But the promo told us otherwise. Minka just didn't want to do a love scene.
No kidding. The cut from their conversation on the sidewalk was so abrupt it's like she didn't even want to do a kissing scene.
Old 02-20-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
She has been portrayed as way too mature and responsible to jeaporadize her work to mess around with Crosby of all people.
Wasn't there a scene early on in her development where she was acting crazy with her friends at a bar?

-jason
Old 02-20-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fuzzbox
Wasn't there a scene early on in her development where she was acting crazy with her friends at a bar?

-jason
Yep. Saint by day, sinner by night.

And Crosby is a complete idiot.
Old 02-20-11, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Who wouldn't want to hit that? Crosby is totally in the right. Much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL!
Old 02-20-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Who wouldn't want to hit that? Crosby is totally in the right. Much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL!
I can't say he's in the right to have done it, but I'm also not gonna say he shouldn't have done it at all.

Unfortunately, Jasmine deserves it the way she's treated him.
Old 02-20-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, let me understand this. You're engaged to someone, you're making plans to spend the rest of your life with someone and you share a child together. You have a huge fight, things are said. Hurtful things. From both sides. And it's okay for you to have a one night stand with another person in what seems like hours after your fight .... because ??????

Loyalty?
Responsibility?

All out the window after one huge fight? Really?

I'm stumped on this one guys.. Help me out.
Old 02-20-11, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
So, let me understand this. You're engaged to someone, you're making plans to spend the rest of your life with someone and you share a child together. You have a huge fight, things are said. Hurtful things. From both sides. And it's okay for you to have a one night stand with another person in what seems like hours after your fight .... because ??????

Loyalty?
Responsibility?

He wants to do the responsible thing .... but he isn't ready and sleeping with the minka is his way of lashing out and saying "fuck it" this is doomed. Of course the fallout will flip things the other way, but clearly Crosby isnt ready and Jasmine knows it and thats why she is putting unrealistic pressure on him. They both know it wont work.
Old 02-20-11, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Loyalty?
Responsibility?

It's only permissible when the chance is with Minka Kelly.
Old 02-20-11, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ayre
He wants to do the responsible thing .... but he isn't ready and sleeping with the minka is his way of lashing out and saying "fuck it" this is doomed. Of course the fallout will flip things the other way, but clearly Crosby isnt ready and Jasmine knows it and thats why she is putting unrealistic pressure on him. They both know it wont work.

I understand perfectly why Crosby did it. And that makes him an idiot.
Of course, for storyline purposes they had to do it. A mature, responsible Crosby just doesn't work for the show.
My post was asking those who think what he did was okay. I'm befuddled with all the thumbs up ... like he's a hero or something.
Old 02-21-11, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course, for storyline purposes they had to do it. A mature, responsible Crosby just doesn't work for the show.
My post was asking those who think what he did was okay. I'm befuddled with all the thumbs up ... like he's a hero or something.
A hero? No.

But in watching how Jasmine has in no way truly considered Crosby's thoughts and feelings (especially in lieu of how much he wants to be a very active dad) and makes all the decisions because she's afraid of her own mother, & when Crosby is finally able to call her out on it, her response is to first throw him out of the house then pull the "I don't think this is working out and I need time" card?

Yeah, not that much sympathy.
Old 02-21-11, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
to Crosby for the upgrade
And to Gaby for what has to be a downgrade
Old 02-21-11, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And I answered that. It isn't going to work out between Jasmine and Crosby, so he moved on. You are implying that he should stay loyal to Jasmine even though they both know something is seriously wrong. Why?
Old 02-21-11, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmayor
It's only permissible when the chance is with Minka Kelly.
These are simple rules to live by. Plus Crosby could claim the "List of 5 chicks I can sleep with due to their hotness" rule (the wife gets a similar leeway for her list as well, most couples have this list rule).
Old 02-21-11, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ayre
And I answered that. It isn't going to work out between Jasmine and Crosby, so he moved on. You are implying that he should stay loyal to Jasmine even though they both know something is seriously wrong. Why?
Shouldn't he stay loyal until there'an actual breakup? Isn't anything else immature?
Are you saying cheating is OK as long as there's problems in the relationship? Sound like a cop out to me.
Old 02-21-11, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"OK", Is there a moral police? When she took the kid to her Aunts without asking, it was over. She created a blackmail situation in which she will get everything she wants or take the kid and runaway. What kind of person would stay in that relationship? It certainly wouldn't help the kid. I am not saying he was right in sleeping with Minka, but mostly because she is employed by his brother.

Is he a douche? Yep. Is she a bitch? Yep. Do they deserve each other? Probably, but Jabbar doesn't. They need drop this story line about 2 selfish people. Neither of them deserve anything.
Old 02-21-11, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
Shouldn't he stay loyal until there'an actual breakup? Isn't anything else immature?
Are you saying cheating is OK as long as there's problems in the relationship? Sound like a cop out to me.
I think it isn't "cheating" when the cheetah looks like Minka Kelly and she is the Asperger's Whisperer.

That rule was in the marital handbook i was given before the ceremony

"It is noteth cheatingis if the object of the interlude, heretoforthwith referred to as the Cheetah, hath looks to smite a village over and does works which make kids lives better. So let it be written, so let it be done"
Old 02-21-11, 01:34 PM

I guess Derek Jet laid down the law to Minky.