Old 01-27-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Outsourced -- "Sari, Charlie" -- 1/27/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-04

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When Todd (Ben Rappaport) tries to protect Charlie's (Diedrich Bader) feelings by keeping his relationship with Tonya (Pippa Black) a secret, someone unexpected gets hurt. Meanwhile, Rajiv (Rizwan Manji) panics when he learns his co-workers are about to give him an employee evaluation. Knowing that he is not well liked, he hatches a plan to win them over.

Episode 11 of 22

Outsourced got screwed badly getting this timeslot. Next week it's going to face new episodes of The Mentalist and Private Practice.
Old 01-28-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Outsourced -- "Sari, Charlie" -- 1/27/11

No comments on this yet?

For me this had the most actual laugh out loud moments of any of the NBC comedies last night (I haven't watched 30 Rock yet though).

I think this show would be more appreciated if it was on a cable channel instead of NBC. Say it was on IFC, I think it would get more respect for some reason.
Old 01-28-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best episode of the show yet. I loved the little touch of having the OnStar guy be Indian.
Old 01-28-11, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After Community, Outsourced is 2nd favorite NBC Thursday night comedy, and I watch my recording of it only after I've seen Community, the rest of the line-up is much lower on the viewing priority list. Both Pippa Black and Rebecca Hazelwood get my attention on a weekly basis. Too bad, I'm not sure they know what to do with either of their characters at the moment.
Old 01-28-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

This show has gotten much better. It still ranks a distant 3rd for me after Community and 30 Rock but it takes priority over Parks and Rec, Perfect Couples and generally The Office.

Pippa Black looks like a sexier, younger Nicole Kidman, I want

Last edited by RichC2; 01-28-11 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-28-11, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Pippa Black looks like a sexier, younger Nicole Kidman, I want
Yeah, I think that as well. She was lovely as a guest on Attack of the Show a few weeks ago.
Old 01-28-11, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
No comments on this yet?

For me this had the most actual laugh out loud moments of any of the NBC comedies last night (I haven't watched 30 Rock yet though).
I was going to post the same thing. Rajiv and Gupta are really both very funny and the videoconference while driving thing made me laugh out loud even though I saw it in the previews. Diedrich Bader was really good in this one too
"When we're alone and words are coming out of my mouth, that's for your benefit. I already know the stuff I'm saying."
I've got to use that one.
Old 01-28-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by the show when it first started, but it has grown on me over time. I thought this episode was actually pretty good, too. But that 9:30/10:30 time slot is a killer. Even while I would like to keep up with the show and see how it develops, it's going to be tough to sit through three hours of NBC sitcoms every Thursday night with so much other stuff to do.

I really wish The Office would gracefully call it a day after this season, and Perfect Couples is cancellation fodder, anyways. So we could feasibly go back to a more reasonable two hour lineup of Community, Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, and Outsourced. Let NBC put some other spin-off of Law & Order that I don't care about in the third hour slot.
Old 01-28-11, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show continues to deliver. Rajiv and Gupta were hysterical again!

It's just a shame its on at 10:30.. I hope it gets a second season, but I don't see that happening unless Perfect Couples gets dropped and they shuffle the lineup again.
Old 01-29-11, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree it continues to deliver (although last week was a misstep for me - didn't find it that funny but all past episodes have been excellent). I do hope it continues. Great episode this week.
Old 01-30-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that P&R is back, this is a fairly distant 6th for the night (including BBT) for me. I'd say for me it's:

Community
P&R (surprisingly close second)
BBT
30 Rock
The Office (those 3 also pretty close)
Outsourced

I have finally dropped the Shatner show. Outsourced is perhaps the weakest comedy I watch, but it is improving and different. I do hope it gets another season.