Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

[Rumor] CW to renew Gossip Girl, 90210, V. Diaires; To Cancel LUX, OTH, Smallville

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

[Rumor] CW to renew Gossip Girl, 90210, V. Diaires; To Cancel LUX, OTH, Smallville

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Since this forum tends to discuss CW shows I figured this was appropriate

Not surprised any of these:

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/exclusi...d-cancel/28763
An insider close to the CW network tells The Voice of TV exclusively that the network will bring back hit series 90210, Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries for another season.

No word yet on America’s Next Top Model, Hellcats, Nikita and Supernatural but the insider did say the network won’t renew Life Unexpected, One Tree Hill and Smallville for another season.
CW will announce in the next 2-4 weeks, as they have for the past few season (February) for the majority of their shows. Smallville and OTH were not canceled though - it's been known Smallville is in it's last Season and OTH had many cast members saying they were done. This at least gives them enough time to wrap up the show (since they would be starting to write the final few episode around this time). CW might extend OTH an additonal episode or two as well. LUX is no surprise.

Supernatural is coming back as both actors have signed one for one more Season (and it pulls good ratings for Friday where I'm sure, if renewed, Nikita will end up). Good news is that with 3 shows gone, CW will have several new shows next Season instead of 2 this year.
Old 01-22-11, 04:29 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: [Rumor] CW to renew Gossip Girl, 90210, V. Diaires; To Cancel LUX, OTH, Smallvill

Looks like I can finally close the door on the CW. I'm down to LUX and OTH, and never got into Gossip Girl, 90210, or Vamp Diaries.
Old 01-22-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: [Rumor] CW to renew Gossip Girl, 90210, V. Diaires; To Cancel LUX, OTH, Smallvill

All of those "renewals" are no-brainers. And I'm certain the CW will renew Hellcats and Nikita. The ratings for both of them have been solid.

The blurb is poorly written. I mean really cancel Smallville? It's been known since last summer this was the the final season. Same with LUX once the back 9 didn't get picked up.
Old 01-22-11, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I can't imagine how bad 90210 must suck now. I gave it up after a couple eps. Gossip Girl has been reasonably entertaining. Hellcats brings the eye candy, so plots don't matter. I figured Smallville will be wrapping up. OTH needs to be killed. Don't care about vampire and similar shows.
Old 01-22-11, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't watch Smallville but I read somewhere that the cast wanted to keep it going and were talking about another season, which I would assume to be that whole Metropolis angle?
Old 01-22-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

I actually got back into 90210 and I'm only 4 eps behind. The first few episodes from this season were awful, but now it's actually gotten really entertaining.
Old 01-22-11, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by gmanca
I don't watch Smallville but I read somewhere that the cast wanted to keep it going and were talking about another season, which I would assume to be that whole Metropolis angle?
I don't think The CW has ever taken those Metropolis rumors seriously. I just saw an interview with Erica Durance on TVLine.com about the rest of the season and her future after the show. She made no reference to wanting to do another season.
Old 01-22-11, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I actually got back into 90210 and I'm only 4 eps behind. The first few episodes from this season were awful, but now it's actually gotten really entertaining.
It's not as good as Melrose Place but I actually find it entertaining.
Old 01-22-11, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vampire Diaries down, and Supernatural to go. I really love those shows.

I meant to watch Nikita but somehow never did. If it's going to stick around, mabe I will give it a go when season one is available on netflix.
Old 01-22-11, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by onebyone
Vampire Diaries down, and Supernatural to go. I really love those shows.

I meant to watch Nikita but somehow never did. If it's going to stick around, mabe I will give it a go when season one is available on netflix.
Nikita is great. IMO it's probably the best new action show this season and it's been consistently good each week. If your a fan of action serials, I highly recommend it. Since the season is half over, I guess you will definitely have to wait until the DVD/BD release.
Old 01-22-11, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

We already knew this was Smallville's last season.
Old 01-23-11, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All seem to meet expectations... Although I have to say after all these years I still watch "One Tree Hill" so if it is the final season I hope they at least wrap it up properly...
Old 01-23-11, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I can't imagine how bad 90210 must suck now. I gave it up after a couple eps. Gossip Girl has been reasonably entertaining. Hellcats brings the eye candy, so plots don't matter. I figured Smallville will be wrapping up. OTH needs to be killed. Don't care about vampire and similar shows.
First few eps of the Series or this Season? The new showrunner has been doing a great job since Season 2ish.
Old 01-23-11, 01:24 PM
Suspended

All of those "renewals" are no-brainers. And I'm certain the CW will renew Hellcats and Nikita. The ratings for both of them have been solid.

The blurb is poorly written. I mean really cancel Smallville? It's been known since last summer this was the the final season. Same with LUX once the back 9 didn't get picked up.
Rumor has it that Dawn Ostroff is on her way out...so the new person taking over may not want those other 2 shows. Guess it depends how many good Pilots they think they have. This year they only had 2 (!) new shows the entire Season!
Old 01-23-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
First few eps of the Series or this Season? The new showrunner has been doing a great job since Season 2ish.
Season.
Old 01-23-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude, do you watch everything???
Old 01-23-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by auto
Dude, do you watch everything???
It seems like it. But no, not everything. I mostly care about 1 hour scripted dramas.
Old 01-23-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Rumor has it that Dawn Ostroff is on her way out...so the new person taking over may not want those other 2 shows. Guess it depends how many good Pilots they think they have. This year they only had 2 (!) new shows the entire Season!
I will be shocked if Nikita and Hellcats don't come back another season. The new President of the CW would be the biggest douche bag in my book if he or she chooses to cancel them because he or she doesn't like them even though both have been doing well.
Old 01-23-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Hellcats is probably dead since I watch it.
Old 01-23-11, 02:47 PM
Suspended

I will be shocked if Nikita and Hellcats don't come back another season. The new President of the CW would be the biggest douche bag in my book if he or she chooses to cancel them because he or she doesn't like them even though both have been doing well.
I'd say both or one come back. Not both being canceled as CW has at least 2-3 open slots next year with Lux and Smallville gone, and OTH likely as well. So launching 3 shows is huge for CW, and if they cancel Hellcats/Nikita, that's 4-5. No way.

America's Next Top Model will likely come back as well. Hellcats will likely stay on Tuesday if OTH is gone. I can see it being paired with that new Michelle Tractenberg show or the import from Germany that was delayed from Mid-Season to next year.
Old 01-23-11, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Supernatural is coming back as both actors have signed one for one more Season (and it pulls good ratings for Friday where I'm sure, if renewed, Nikita will end up).

This is surprising. I though both guys wanted out. I'm happy if it's back.
Old 01-23-11, 04:45 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Vampire Diaries renewal was obviously expected. I'm curious to learn more about the rumored spin-off project Williamson is working on.