Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fringe -- New Timeslot -- "The Firefly" -- 1/21/11

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-11, 11:10 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Fringe -- New Timeslot -- "The Firefly" -- 1/21/11

Originally Posted by DJariya
^^ Cool, I had the same confusion as Deftones. Thanks Siberian!

Me too. Thanks !

Thos.
Old 01-26-11, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Caught this last night and thought it was pretty good. I really liked the scene with Walter when he figured out what had really happend to Rosco's son. Rreally heartbreaking.

To think minutes before I thought Walter would finally get this elusive milksake recipe. Figured the guy was going to say he invented it for that small shop Walter used to love.

I like the akward interactions between Olivia and Peter as well. When we had last left them things were cold and slightly bitter (well for Olivia).

Put me in the camp that thinks something will happen from the milk-mix. So the consensus is that the milk incident was an unforseen consquence by the observer though? He was just trying to show Walter he could let Peter go and that he could be alright (?).
Old 01-27-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell was up with Peter being on the phone to Walter back in the lab at the time of the accident, Peter lets Walter go, walks around the car to get the girl out, and Walter drives up? WTF?! That was literally 10 seconds!
Old 01-27-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,823 Likes on 2,740 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
What the hell was up with Peter being on the phone to Walter back in the lab at the time of the accident, Peter lets Walter go, walks around the car to get the girl out, and Walter drives up? WTF?! That was literally 10 seconds!
Since you brought it up, I just re-watched that scene on Hulu.com and it took Walter and Astrid literally 40 seconds to arrive after Peter hung up the phone.
Old 01-28-11, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They were supposed to be in Porter Square which is only about a mile from Harvard Square where the lab is. So the time frame (if you don't hit lights) isn't that unrealistic
Old 01-28-11, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Since you brought it up, I just re-watched that scene on Hulu.com and it took Walter and Astrid literally 40 seconds to arrive after Peter hung up the phone.
So did I. With a clock. It was exactly 20 seconds.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt were Walter already in a car at least on the phone, but he wasn't. Just seems really odd for a show that wants the viewer to pay extra attention all the time.
Old 02-01-11, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, I'm aboard with this show now. I watched the first couple of episodes of season 1, was uninterested as it was still MOTW-ish at the time, but later and later I kept hearing people rave about it, especially past season 1.

So, I got a new laptop, and it had Hulu Desktop app on it, and I was looking around and found Fringe, and started watching an episode, and got hooked. Of course, it was early season 3, but I kinda know about the arc from reading people's comments on the show, so I wasn't too lost. But, I've watched from 3.7 up to this one so far, and love it. I've already ordered the season 1 Blu-Rays and will be getting caught up soon.

It feels the sci-fi void that Lost left, but at least this show takes it's sci-fi roots and runs with it, while Lost tried to 'veil' them as much as possible.